Author Topic: just thinking.  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
just thinking.
« on: Nov 19, 2015, 10:07 AM »
Dont know if we will get decent ice in KS this year or not as it's usually a crap shoot. But im ready for it if it happens as temps are starting to drop into the 20's at nights. Any of you KS guys planning any trips up north this season?

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: just thinking.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2015, 03:15 PM »
i dont know looking at long term forecasts i dont see it happening this year, hopefully jan-feb brings us some deep cold

Offline finkyfever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2015, 10:10 PM »
Heading to Webster SD the beginning of January.

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2015, 08:59 AM »
I've often thought Webster might be a place to try. Finkeyfever please post your general location.

Offline DannyBoy09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2015, 06:23 AM »
  For the last 5 yrs we have been going up to Webster SD. We have always caught a bunch of perch, but there are times it can be a little tuff We usually fish LynnLake, Bitter, and Wauybay. LynnLake Lodge is a very good place to stay. Send me a personal message with your phone number and we can talk about it. 

Dan Siegfried
  St.Francis,Ks

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2015, 06:49 PM »
I pm'ed you Dan.

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2015, 09:38 AM »
I will start my ice season matter of fact this wknd in North Dakota👍  Then after that trip  I will start head north to my normal places in South Dakota and Northrrn Iowa and several times  during the ice season. South Dakota I am in the Webster area. So many great lakes and sloughs to fish. You get  Great variety of fishing! Then I will also head to the Iowa Great Lake area. So yeah I go north about 12 times a year. Then my last run will be late late ice in the U.P. Of Michigan. Aft all that it's time for me to get back to work😉

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2015, 06:36 PM »
Sounds like you'll be hard at it GB.

Offline finkyfever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2015, 04:39 PM »
I've often thought Webster might be a place to try. Finkeyfever please post your general location.

I'm in Burlington KS.

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Just got back from first ice fishing trip. From Webster SD. Brought hm my limit of yellow perch👍 biggest being 1lb 6oz.
  On north end of Waubay. They were still open water fishing. Bitter was open on main basin. A lot of smaller lake had 2-3" of good ice. Not sure what this warm weather will do to it this wk. But I hope to be back on ice Dec 14🙏
Let's get cold and stay there😉

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2015, 01:10 PM »
Way to go! Sounds like you done good and made it back safe.

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2015, 12:42 PM »
Heading back up there Rt after the Chiefs game on Sunday. If people are smart and go in groups and takes their picks and spud bar. Ice is still good on smaller sloughs and lakes. Last time there I went as far north as Roy's Lake  area and ice was the same as Enemy, Piyas, Grass, Pepper and Clear lake. 2-3"+ but not 4" yet. Hope to see some KS people up there. Good luck and be safe out there and get those poles bent

Offline finkyfever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2015, 08:20 PM »
Hope you get after them again. I also hope it gets real cold so we can be driving trucks on the lakes in a few weeks when we get up there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.