The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Van Everest today  (Read 2109 times)

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Van Everest today
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 02:26 PM »
did a little road fishing today georgia shore frozen out to Burtons ...at van everest  frozen out to the channel between shore and savage then still open water.  look good for making ice the next couple of days

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Van Everest today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Thats good to hear! I was thinking the northwest wind the past few days was going to ruin what little was there.. Looking forward to getting out to a few of my favorite spots!

Offline troutcrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Thanks for the report.  That's good news.  I really want to walk on the Inland sea!

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Checked out everest launch.. A lot of anchor ice that froze solid.. Good black ice in between the anchor chunks.. Definitely looks fishable, I was in my work truck so didn't have a way of checking thickness.. Looked like at least 6 inches maybe more.. going to give it a go this Saturday before the storm hits.. Let me know on ice conditions if anyone gets out in the meantime!

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2019, 04:45 PM »
I'm going down for first trip out tomorrow .  your right ice looks a little rough .. be bringing the old creepers.  sounds like some snow this weekend , that would be good to smooth things down.

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:59 PM »
I'm going down for first trip out tomorrow .  your right ice looks a little rough .. be bringing the old creepers.  sounds like some snow this weekend , that would be good to smooth things down.

Let me know how everything goes if you don't mind.. Good luck, tight lines, stay safe!

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2019, 03:23 PM »
Well, went out for first time .  ice is very hard to walk on even with creepers . went to north of ramp to about 18 feet of water. 6 to 8 inches of ice. Bite was slow but kept enough 8" ones for dinner. Put 12 or so small ones back down the hole. had the place to my self.  I don't have a atv but if you do you better have good tires. lots of sharp ice . hope we get some snow to smooth things out.  wanted to go out to deeper water ..but did not due to hard walking.....I'm too old  ;)

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2019, 04:42 AM »
Well, went out for first time .  ice is very hard to walk on even with creepers . went to north of ramp to about 18 feet of water. 6 to 8 inches of ice. Bite was slow but kept enough 8" ones for dinner. Put 12 or so small ones back down the hole. had the place to my self.  I don't have a atv but if you do you better have good tires. lots of sharp ice . hope we get some snow to smooth things out.  wanted to go out to deeper water ..but did not due to hard walking.....I'm too old  ;)

Thanks for the update.. Glad you were able to bring a few home.. Hopefully the snow helps, because it is rough out there right now..

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2019, 02:03 PM »
back down today. about six shanty's out and a few on buckets . One guy way out...past the real bad ice...must be in 45 feet or so.  Sounds like a cold  stormy weekend...seems fish always bite good on days 
like that.  bite was slow for me today.

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2019, 06:37 PM »
I'm heading out tomorrow.. Just south of the boat launch.. Hopefully the storm front gets them biting!

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2019, 01:18 PM »
I was surprised to see so few people out there today.. Is was a cold one, even with the heater running. But the bite was pretty good.. Filed up a bucket between the two of us in about 4 hours.. And were fortunate enough to drop right on top of them on the first set of holes we drilled!!

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2019, 01:22 PM »
glad to hear you got on them. bet that wind was brutal . I was going to go down..but the wind changed my mind.  many others out ?

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2019, 02:56 PM »
should have read your post closer...you had answered my ? enjoy that perch dinner

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2019, 03:12 PM »
glad to hear you got on them. bet that wind was brutal . I was going to go down..but the wind changed my mind.  many others out ?

I didn't spend much time out of the shanty but I think there was only one more out..

That's the only downfall with that area.. ALWAYS windy!!

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:57 PM »
I was surprised to see so few people out there today.. Is was a cold one, even with the heater running. But the bite was pretty good.. Filed up a bucket between the two of us in about 4 hours.. And were fortunate enough to drop right on top of them on the first set of holes we drilled!!

I was there this morning at sunrise. You must have been one of the few in a flipover?  Glad you found some fish,  I did 3/4 of a pale but I cut about 40 holes all over.  Got invaded by whites for a few minutes at one point. By the time I had the second one on the ice they were gone. 

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2019, 06:52 PM »
Where the whites headed to Saint Albans Bay?

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2019, 06:57 PM »
I was there this morning at sunrise. You must have been one of the few in a flipover?  Glad you found some fish,  I did 3/4 of a pale but I cut about 40 holes all over.  Got invaded by whites for a few minutes at one point. By the time I had the second one on the ice they were gone.

I didn't get there until 9.. Yea we were in a flipover but we were a littke further south of the boat launch.. What depth did you find the whites? Any size? We fished about 25-27 foot and never saw anything besides yellows.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2019, 07:15 PM »
Whites were in 40 fow.  Big, but not huge. 

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2019, 07:34 PM »
Nice.. That's hopefully a good sign for the late winter bite in the bay!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.