Author Topic: Arctic Armor sizing and best pricing?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Handy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Arctic Armor sizing and best pricing?
« on: Sep 08, 2011, 08:57 AM »
How does the sizing fit in this suit and who has the best deal on it? For sizing I am 6 foot tall 230lbs, I usually wear 2xl shirts and 38x32 pants. I am leaning toward a 2xl coat and 1x bibs. Thanks.

Paul

Offline Nutsicles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't sleep, ice season is too short!!
Re: Arctic Armor sizing and best pricing?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2011, 09:08 AM »
I'm interested in this too. I'm about your size, a little shorter, but I'd like to see how the sizing is. That's why I hate not being able to try on stuff bought on the internet. Well, big $$$$$$ items anyways.

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:01 PM »
I bought mine from www.profishingsupply.c om it came with free gloves. I called them about sizing and they told me when you get it try it on and if it doesnt fit you can send it back(keep the tags on it though). I am 5ft 11in and 180lbs and I have a lrg(jacket & Bibs). It fits good with some room to spare. hope this helps.

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2011, 06:18 AM »
If anything, go a little larger on the pants, as the legs on the pants tend to run a bit small. I'm 6'4" and 220lb and just ordered the Arctic Armour Plus 2XL jacket and bibs, everything fits great, but the pant legs don't leave a ton of room for extra layers. If they're as warm as everyone says, then it shouldn't be an issue, otherwise I'll just have to wear my thinner underlayers.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline slabkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:04 AM »
The online pricing is usually fixed at a minimum set by the mfgr. I know that IceFishingManiac.com has them and they will sometimes give away a free gear bag. The AA gloves are crap and nobody wants them anyway. If you get on their mailing list they have coupon codes for 10% off all the time and they ship for free. You might consider Striker Ice as an option. It is far better stuff and it floats too. I had both and they don't compare.

Offline whaler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2011, 07:30 AM »
Handy,
If you have not bought a suit yet send me a PM as I have one for sale that will fit you.

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2011, 07:41 AM »
I have the green/black jacket and bibs. I am 6'2" 250 pounds and have the xxl jacket and xl bibs. The only issue with sizing is the sleeve length. Usually I wear "tall" shirts to accommodate my arms. The green/black jacket is a bit short for me but the lighter weight all black suit fits perfectly! Not as warm though (but still plenty warm for single digit temps).
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.