Author Topic: Which Baffin?  (Read 16689 times)

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
Re: Which Baffin?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:50 PM »
I bought the Kamik Canucks, $68.  Rated to -40 F and really light wieght.  I've worn them the last 2 days while clearing snow and the are very comfortable and plenty warm.  We'll see if that is also true on the ice.

1/9/11 update.  I wore them yesterday in 5 degreee F.  They were plenty warm and easy to pull on and off at the truck.  I wear a pair of thick wool socks and they were great.  It was my "best value" purchase of the ice fishing year so far.

Offline peddletothemeddle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2010, 03:23 PM »
I bought the Doug Stoop Polar boots.  Got them for $60 from another chat board.  The previous owner still had the tags on them. ;D  I looove these boots!  Comfortable, waterproof and rated to -100!!  I wear regular crew socks in them and have not got cold feet once with these boots.  Here is a link to the boots.  I also put screws in the soles of the boot.

http://www.baffin.com/product_p/40000122.htm

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2010, 03:47 PM »
anyone have the Artics? They are good to -40 instead of -148. I'm thinking that would be good for me, if it is anywhere near -148 (and likely -40) i'm gonna be on the couch, LOL

Just curious how much of a difference (other than 108 degrees) there would be between the Artics and say the Apex or Impact?

Price is 80 for the Artics and 164 for the Impact/Apex.

J-

Offline Budweiser8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2011, 03:25 PM »
anyone have additional feedback on baffins after more use?

looking to purchase a good boot that will last a few years...

thanks

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 09, 2011, 03:52 PM »
just got back from a 4 day trip up north, fishin was not the greatest but the Apex boots were mighty toasty. It was a good break in trip for the boots, Some fishin from the hut, a bunch of walking and punching holes.These boots look like they are gonna hold up very well...and feet being cold will NOT be a problem. If the rest of Baffin's styles are made as well as this boot, I would not hesitate to recommend them
Remember those that served..All gave some...Some gave All

Offline Iceman421

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 10, 2011, 01:11 PM »
anyone have the Artics? They are good to -40 instead of -148. I'm thinking that would be good for me, if it is anywhere near -148 (and likely -40) i'm gonna be on the couch, LOL

Just curious how much of a difference (other than 108 degrees) there would be between the Artics and say the Apex or Impact?

Price is 80 for the Artics and 164 for the Impact/Apex.

J-

I looked into getting the Arctics last year. I ended up getting the Tundras which is basically the same boot, same temp. rating but looks a little different. I got them on sale at Jay's in Clare for $56 and couldn't be happier with them. My feet stay warm and they're great for walking because they are so light. I put sheet metal screws in them for traction and as far as I'm concerned these boots are perfect now. You'll do fine with the Arctic's

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.