The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hattie Ice  (Read 26386 times)

Offline tysdaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hattie Ice
« Reply #150 on: Feb 22, 2009, 02:57 PM »
If you dont mond telling were you fishing the east or west lake?

Offline neversummer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #151 on: Feb 22, 2009, 05:51 PM »
We were straight out from where the dam or water gates is basically. Just quite aways out. Im not real familiar with hattie so I don't know if it was east west north or south because I didn't have a compass and Im not real oriented. If I had to guess I would say north side of lake, there wasn't many people near us. But I don't think it matters where I was because its not where the fish were today. Saw six on the camera in four different holes we broke open and was able to bring in two. Wasn't able to do the spot and stock to find the school because I fowled the plug on my auger after the first hole today and didn't have any tools. Everyone left the ice by mid afternoon though so I don't know if anyone was doing any good.

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #152 on: Feb 22, 2009, 07:08 PM »
glad to see some1 found the perch for a day how deep of water where you fishing in

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #153 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:46 PM »
that weird how there are in a place one day and gone the next day
i still havent got into a school of perch at hattie since 2yrs ago
when you saw them on the camera how many would you guess where in the schools?
did you find the fish kinda close to where you where the previous day?

Offline unemployed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #154 on: Feb 22, 2009, 10:12 PM »
Looks good...even a few jumbos.  That has been the story out there all winter...enjoy them when you find them, but don't expect them the next day.  Its really fishing this year not just catching.  HA 
I release all trout...cause they taste that bad.

Offline neversummer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #155 on: Feb 22, 2009, 10:55 PM »
They were in 14 FOW. We saw about 15-20 on the camera when we dropped it down so gave it shot. They would all leave about every 30-45 minutes and then a few minutes later you would see a trout come swimming through then about five minutes after they would be back. If I get the chance to fish back to back days its easier to find sometimes because you knew where they were. But it still takes about fifteen holes to find more than one or two perch together. You guys are right about it being fishing and not catching, the last few years it was nothing to just go out and catch twenty or so in a few hours. Catching one or two in a five hour period makes for a bad day on the ice, but its still better than a good day in classes.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #156 on: Feb 23, 2009, 07:38 PM »
I guess I wasn't in the right spot today, I fished hattie from 1pm to 5pm and only saw one perch. Drilled about 30 holes. I wish I caught perch like you did, neversummer.

Offline unemployed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #157 on: Feb 24, 2009, 12:28 AM »
That sucks 327, that lake hates you this year... and me just not as much.
HA

Offline Big Must

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #158 on: Feb 24, 2009, 03:25 AM »
Hey neversummer what kind of bait were you using when you caught the perch?

Offline neversummer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #159 on: Feb 24, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Hey neversummer what kind of bait were you using when you caught the perch?

Just used meal worms on a jigging spoon. I used a variety of colors just to see if they were particular to any one but it did not seem to matter really. Two weeks ago my buddy and I was out and able to bring home forty and they were fond of orange, but last weekend we were able to pull them out as fast as we could put a jig down the hole. I think we got lucky and stumbled onto a school in their feeding bed.

Offline Big Must

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #160 on: Feb 26, 2009, 02:26 PM »
Has any one tried using spoons out at Hatti this year?

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #161 on: Feb 26, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Yes, that's the only thing I use for perch out there. Small kastmasters usually do the trick, just couldn't find very many fish this year.

Offline unemployed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #162 on: Feb 27, 2009, 12:38 AM »
Anyone been to Hattie this week?  Ice still ok?  We didn't have much to give...

Offline walli1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #163 on: Feb 27, 2009, 10:17 AM »
Talked to the guy's at the fly shop and they reported that Hattie is 80% open water. Is there truth to this? They also reported a couple of guy's stopping by this morning to head out on the ice. Is there still enough ice to fish. Unemployed are you out there please let us know.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #164 on: Feb 27, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Talked to the guy's at the fly shop and they reported that Hattie is 80% open water. Is there truth to this? They also reported a couple of guy's stopping by this morning to head out on the ice. Is there still enough ice to fish. Unemployed are you out there please let us know.

The fly shop guys isn't real reliable for ice condition info in my experience.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #165 on: Feb 27, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Unfortunately augergas is right, a couple weeks ago, they told me 4-6 inches, I went out there was 6-10 inches. I'll probably be out there sunday with unemployed, we'll give you guys an ice report.

Offline unemployed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #166 on: Feb 27, 2009, 12:42 PM »
I have a buddy fishing it this afternoon if there is still ice...I might make it out there for the evening...but i have a drive to make first.  If there is ice I will be out there sat and sun...the last reliable report I had was on Monday and it was 5 inches of rotton ice, followed by three warm days.  I am not really too optimistic, but I hope like crazy.

Offline Big Must

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #167 on: Feb 28, 2009, 05:16 AM »
Was out at hattie last weekend and the ice was about 6 - 12 inches but there was also a lot of open water last Saturday.

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #168 on: Mar 02, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Three days of weather in the upper fifties and wind speed topping 20 mph.  There wont be much ice left soon.  I think its time to get out the open water gear!

Zack

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #169 on: Mar 02, 2009, 10:13 AM »
I'm still ice fishing but not at Hattie.

Offline unemployed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #170 on: Mar 02, 2009, 11:44 AM »
The ice was still good on the East Lake on saturday and sunday...the fishing still sucked.  4" of rotton ice in the middle that was still fishable.  close to 10 inches around the edges.  Be careful if you try it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.