The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: TROPHIES! Favorite Pictures!  (Read 18205 times)

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
TROPHIES! Favorite Pictures!
« on: Feb 02, 2007, 05:09 PM »
I know this is a ice fishing web site. But after seeing some of the Trophies that were posted under ex-Lt "Your favorite Gun", and after ice fishing season ends we are all so busy. The days get longer and we spend less time on the web. So lets post some of our Trophies or favorite pictures of whatever Hunting, Fishing, family, friends, Scenery etc!  If you posted a pic on the "YFG" that ex-Lt started post another of it here and tell a little about it!

Here is a Picture of a dandy Bull the ex-LT harvested. Nice European mount. Whats the story ex-LT?

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: TROPHIES! Favorite Pictures!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2007, 05:34 PM »
I know this is a ice fishing web site. But after seeing some of the Trophies that were posted under ex-Lt "Your favorite Gun", and after ice fishing season ends we are all so busy. The days get longer and we spend less time on the web. So lets post some of our Trophies or favorite pictures of whatever Hunting, Fishing, family, friends, Scenery etc!  If you posted a pic on the "YFG" that ex-Lt started post another of it here and tell a little about it!

Here is a Picture of a dandy Bull the ex-LT harvested. Nice European mount. Whats the story ex-LT?
(Image removed from quote.)

Place I used to hunt deer for years when we lived on the "dark-side". I saw a small herd or fresh sign there every last time, so when we moved over here, I scouted and they were crossing a small creek, going and coming every day at the same spot. I took my wife in there before first light and we split up, I crossed the creek, she went on down about 50 yards and set up. Soon as my feet hit the other side, they came through single-file, a dozen cows, calves, then a spike and then this guy. I was ready. A double lung shot dropped him where he stood. Only seconds had passed since wifey and I split up and I crossed...she called me on the radio, "You gotta be kidding me!"   :woot:
     I knew they would cross in front of one or the other of us...took us all day to pack him out.
                               Th' "Don's" textbook elk hunt    :roflmao:
     thanks fer posting Big Ice-man!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2007, 05:46 PM »
OK what do you mean by the dark side? What cal. rifle did you shoot him with? That all day pack, I have been there many times. Make those steaks taste that much better. Until you get signed on to the photobucket and you want any pictures put on just let me know always gald to help out a friend! BI

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2007, 06:09 PM »
just a joke...when we lived over on the other side in Sublette Cty... we still have a small place over there we use in the summer. rifle, 30.06 Remington 700 180 grain nosler, which is pretty much responsible for all the meat in the freezer, yeah, it was quite a bonding experience for us. She named the elk "Fred" before we ever got him back to the truck. Too long a story to put in this thread. I hope the guys who post to your thread will also include their stories.  Alright Big Ice, step up to the plate with that big bull you shot!  Thanks again, BI !  ;D

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:53 PM »
Hunting pics and stories, now you opened a bucket of worms :D I have tons of pics and stories. :D and I had a very lucky year this year. But Will only bore you guys with one at a time LOL.

I spotted a good bull the night before but the cow that was with him had me pegged and I couldn't get closer than about 100 yards. So the next morning I thought I'd give them a rest and moved to the next drainage, well I spooked this guy and a cow and they took off and about a quarter of a mile later I find him again. He had the bull from the night before pinned in the middle of the road just hammering him. Every time this one came down on the other you could hear him go oommph! They were so busy that I was able to sneak up within about 15 yards and when he let the other one up he finally spotted me and I let him have it, one arrow and he ran about 100 yards and piled up nice and close to the road. Really wished I had somebody with a video camera behind me also when it was time to put him in the truck, it was a chore. Oh and I cheated I used a crossbow on him just didn't have time to practice with the bow this last summer.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:58 PM »
 Nice bull ex-Lt. and I know the story about why you call him fred :roflmao:

Wyohunter....Great Bull and cool story!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:30 PM »
 My best muley.......I was set up overlooking an alfalfa field. Set up in a giant hay stack.....made out of small square bales. Built me a blind with them complete with a benchrest. Sunset neared and here came the parade, there had to be a hundred deer in the feild. The bucks would get bigger the later it became. It was nov. 1st and they where harrasing the does. Until this huge bodied ol boy jumped the fence, he hit the ground with a loud chestey grunt. Every buck in that field turned and looked at him and quit harrasing the does, I knew he was the dominant buck! It was to funny!
 One shot with the 270...at probably 400.......good thing I had my hay benchrest!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Yow, nice buck, Dogg...looks almost non-typical...at least in the recurve shape.  ;D

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:37 PM »
Hunting pics and stories, now you opened a bucket of worms :D I have tons of pics and stories. :D and I had a very lucky year this year. But Will only bore you guys with one at a time LOL.
I spotted a good bull the night before but the cow that was with him had me pegged and I couldn't get closer than about 100 yards. So the next morning I thought I'd give them a rest and moved to the next drainage, well I spooked this guy and a cow and they took off and about a quarter of a mile later I find him again. He had the bull from the night before pinned in the middle of the road just hammering him. Every time this one came down on the other you could hear him go oommph! They were so busy that I was able to sneak up within about 15 yards and when he let the other one up he finally spotted me and I let him have it, one arrow and he ran about 100 yards and piled up nice and close to the road. Really wished I had somebody with a video camera behind me also when it was time to put him in the truck, it was a chore. Oh and I cheated I used a crossbow on him just didn't have time to practice with the bow this last summer.
Well Wyomhunter, I'm glad Mr Big Ice opened that can of worms ...pretty soon, sooner probably than we'll be ready for it, the ice will be gone or just too bad to walk on...guys can make these picture posts sorta like a last wahoo! Nice bull, great story,
                                                              Don  ;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:06 PM »
First of all it might be tough to keep up with the post once this gets going. Already some great pictures and super animals.
wyohunter, What a beautiful Shiras Moose! :o Great story, awesome picture keep them coming!

Dog, What a great Buck, nice big forks. very cool man ;D That old 270 has spanked allot of critters!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:16 PM »
 MY best whitetail......and a small one I got this fall. Both from southern Missouri.
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:17 PM »
great pics guys!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:18 PM »
This was one of the best stringers of eyes I have ever caught by myself. I jigged up ten that day. 2005 I know what you guys are going to say he got them at Ft Peck nope! :o :o :o Keyhole yep! ;D ;D ;D I tagged the fish out under the ice and had my wife come from town to take some pictures and actually let most of them go. Two on this stringer was let go! Why can't I find them this year! ??? ??? ???

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:25 PM »
 Big-Ice.....wow buddy, I would love to bang some eyes like that congrat's and great photo!!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:25 PM »
Dog,
      You might not be Dog the bounty Hunter! But you are definitely Dog the Deer hunter! ;D did you post the pic yourself!

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:28 PM »
Big Ice-  You have got to stop posting pics LOL!  I have seen that one several times and it is still SUPER IMPRESSIVE.  Again, once in a lifetime memories!!!

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Forgot to mention, NICE muley.  Not that score matters, but did you ever get him measured??

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Big Ice,
 Thats a fantastic stringer of eyes, just one would thrill me but multiples wow!

Dog,
 Those are a couple of great deer!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:56 PM »
Dog,
      You might not be Dog the bounty Hunter! But you are definitely Dog the Deer hunter! ;D did you post the pic yourself!

YES both of them, oh my god.......do I feel smart LOL ;D :o :o

Gonna have the wife and her buck on here tomorrow!

PM'd ex-Lt and offered to try and walk him through pic. posting via phone. We will see what happens ;D
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:59 PM »
 Thank you Wyohunter  and Big-ice
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:07 PM »
My best White tail, He came from just west of Cheyenne about 15 years ago

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:16 PM »
 Wyohunter........now that be a world-class whitetail :o
 That drop-tine is unreal, good job bro.
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:23 PM »
Dog,
Thanks, figured it was my white tail of a life time. he had a smaller drop one the other side that had been broken off.
Here my mulie from this year, nice and heavy 26" wide but just three points and I am alot greyer now LOL.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #23 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:46 PM »
 Wyohunter.....nice muley!

I shed horn hunt and I dearly love BIG 2 or 3 points, they are my favorite ;D
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Dog,
     The Godfather seconds that! You da man bro!  ;D

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:27 AM »
My best White tail, He came from just west of Cheyenne about 15 years ago(Image removed from quote.)
What a huge drop-tine...very nice!  ;D

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 03, 2007, 12:10 PM »
This is my favorite pic of a big smallie i caught during a 5 week camping and fishing trip two summers ago.  She went just under 6lbs.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 03, 2007, 12:13 PM »
This is my favorite pic of a big smallie i caught during a 5 week camping and fishing trip two summers ago.  She went just under 6lbs.

Whoa, well, that's a wallhanger!  ;D
                                                         el-Teeee

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 03, 2007, 12:55 PM »
BigZee44,
Thats definetley a wall hanger.
Just discovered the Smallies at the Gorge last summer, We didn't catch any thing like that though. Here is Mels first smallie she did better with the Koks add beat us all with a 4lber.

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 03, 2007, 01:06 PM »
Wyohunter,
Thats a nice koke.  I hear that the smallmouth fishing in the gorge can be really good.  I know a guy from home (washington) that has done really well out there in some tournaments.  I am planning a trip to the gorge sometime during open water this year.  Any bass in wyoming is a good one!
Zack

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.