The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: LARAMIE PLAINS LAKES  (Read 31121 times)

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LARAMIE PLAINS LAKES
« Reply #180 on: Mar 25, 2010, 11:37 PM »
I was out there 3 hours, kept moving, saw fish on my camera everywhere, most just wouldn't bite. The deepest water is about 7 feet, not including the ice. I wouldn't worry about it, trip before this I caught a bow in 1 foot of water. The deepest water is not in the center, that's all I will say. Sorry to be vague but you know how it is.

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here kitty kitty kitty.
« Reply #181 on: Mar 25, 2010, 11:40 PM »
Thanks for the info. 8)

Yeah I mean I hesitated even asking with a lake that small.  I am sure it wouldn't take long to find the deepest area on the ice.  Harder to judge shore fishing.

I don't even really plan on going out on the ice this late.  Just might hit it up in a month or so. 
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #182 on: Mar 25, 2010, 11:42 PM »
I just added to my post because I missed your post.

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #183 on: Mar 26, 2010, 08:21 AM »
Fishing Leazenby the best places to fish are just out from the bank on the highway side. ;) I don't keep too many secrets ::)
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline wyoming_man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #184 on: Mar 26, 2010, 11:37 AM »
Has anyone been out to Alsop in the last day or 2?  I was thinking of hitting it this afternoon.  The brookies I have pulled out of Leazenby have been about that same size.  Usually the rainbows are smaller, but there are a couple of hogs in there, > 5lbs.  If I do hit up Alsop I will send out a report.

Offline wyoming_man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #185 on: Mar 26, 2010, 08:49 PM »
A couple of us hit Alsop today.  The ice is very solid with 15" on the north shore and 17" on the south.  In 2.5 hours of fishing we did not get a hit or even see a fish come in.  Seems to follow the trend out there this winter with it getting tougher and tougher.  We tried various marabou jigs, pimples, various thomas spoons ,and rapalas.  Nothing produced, even my old reliable.  Anybody got any ideas?

Fished Leazenby for 45 minutes and caught 2 bows about 14".  The ice is 12" with open water at the inlet and near the fence on the north end.  The water where I was fishing was pretty murky.  The key for me on Leazenby was to take my fly vest.  There were some people  fishing the open water while I was out there, but I couldn't tell how they were doing.

I have been thinking about hitting it one last time tomorrow morning, but am undecided on whether to give Alsop another try or go with Leazenby.  May make that decision when I get in the truck in the morning.  Anyone that wants to join me is welcome.

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Mar 28, 2010, 06:33 PM »
GOING TO LEASENBY TOM BRIGHT AND EARLY LEAVING CHEYENNE AROUND 6 FINALLY GETTING MY DAD TO GO FISHING WITH ME ITS ONLY HIS 2ND TIME THROUGH THE ICE THIS SEASON. HOWS THE ICE HOLDING UP??? HAS ANYONE BEEN CAUGHTING ANY THING IVE NEVER REALLY HAD TO GOOD OF LUCK THERE BUT KNOW THERE ARE SOME MONSTERS SWIMMING AROUND IN THERE.

Offline wyoming_man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Mar 28, 2010, 10:26 PM »
I have not been out to Leazenby since Friday, but the wind was pretty warm today so be careful.  On Friday the ice was 12" thick with open water at the inlet and the north end by the fence.  Landed 2 in about 45 minutes dropping a BH prince off of a marabou jig.  Not using much movement.  I think Alsop has safer ice.  Give the same rig a try.  I never had a hit at Alsop however.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.