The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: LARAMIE PLAINS LAKES  (Read 31125 times)

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LARAMIE PLAINS LAKES
« Reply #120 on: Feb 09, 2010, 11:04 PM »
although the bite was slow, it was a beautiful day out on the ice, and i had a blast.  At least we each got one.  Cheers,Chris

It was an awesome day and I had a blast also!

Forgot to mention I got to see my first :tipup: never seen them in action until today. Now I got to go buy a couple :whistle:
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #121 on: Feb 10, 2010, 01:05 PM »
You just park in front of the little green gates.
I think cbtrtbum and I are going to hit Sodergreen next time out. I hear there are some dandy browns in there.

I sure couldn't find them.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #122 on: Feb 10, 2010, 01:15 PM »
anybody plan to get out on Crystal or Granite in the comming week?  I have a week off starting mid next week and plan to hit them for a day.  Cheers,Chris

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here kitty kitty kitty.
« Reply #123 on: Feb 10, 2010, 04:07 PM »
Hey Moosejuice- I have some suckers in the freezer.  They are about 12-13" long and I vacuum sealed them.  I plan on using a few for the Fremont derby, but could spare a few.

Hey man I'd appreciate it!  I'd appreciate it even more if ya let me give ya somethin for em!

I'll have to drag you and fishaholictaz up to Glendo one weekend when I dial in some fish.  Get you boys on some real fish. haha jk

I fished granite like 30 times last year, so if anyone deserves a hard time its me.
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #124 on: Feb 10, 2010, 04:10 PM »
P.S. thinking about it in class today I'm not done with all the plains lakes.  Once the ice is off I want to hit up Hattie in the float tube for some pigs ;)

I could be wrong but the perch fishing being as bad as it has been the last two years, It can only get better from here on out.  If the water level stays put or even comes up a little all the better.

I tore up the bows night fishing back home this summer - anxious to try some night fishing at hattie as well.
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #125 on: Feb 21, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Hey does anyone know about these in Hattie? Kinda suprised to see it today.

Tu ne cede malis

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #126 on: Feb 21, 2010, 09:48 PM »
nice fish man.   I look forward to meeting you tomorrow.  Cheers,Chris

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:10 PM »
I am loaded and ready big fish tomorrow :flex: Nice fish Trogdor! After I won't get any sleep tonight gee thanks...
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #128 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:17 PM »
I was suprised to see a cutthroat though. Either of you guys know they were in there? I've only seen bows and cutbows.
Tu ne cede malis

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #129 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:51 PM »
They've had cutts in there for many years but I've never seen one in Hattie. Several years at the derby people caught them. Pioneer canal which fills hattie hits sodergreen first and there are cutts there too, lake and canal, so I don't know where they stock them but they fill the drainage all the way to hattie. I have caught them in the canal out by sodergreen but never that big, nice fish.

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Feb 21, 2010, 11:16 PM »
I caught a 20" one a couple of years ago - along with a mess of perch.  A fine spotted like that one.  Caught more bows and browns.  Nice job - I am glad there are a few fish left in the lake. 

s

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #131 on: Feb 22, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Nice Cutt!
Trent Williams

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #132 on: Feb 22, 2010, 10:00 PM »
I gots me my first trout out of Hattie this year! I'm also sensing a trend......

Got to meet up with cbtrtbum and fishaholictaz and share some battle stories on the ice. I do have to confess to make at the altar of Iceshanty.com though. I did something a little impish. I came out for an hour, catch this cuttie, and leave like a showoff. Sorry. I had to take Sac to sportsmans warehouse so he could buy the last vexilar they had. I kid you not he was hugging it on the way home  :blink:
Tu ne cede malis

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #133 on: Feb 22, 2010, 10:05 PM »
it was nice meeting you out there today.  Lets follow though on those plans to hit the high country and extend the season!  I may be back out there Weds.  Nice Cutt man!  Cheers,Chris

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Feb 22, 2010, 10:11 PM »
At least we got to see a fish today... If you come back Wed. Chris I am down to fish with you again  :tipup:
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #135 on: Feb 23, 2010, 12:26 AM »
Wednesday? I think I can work that out.
Tu ne cede malis

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #136 on: Feb 23, 2010, 02:49 AM »
I gots me my first trout out of Hattie this year! I'm also sensing a trend......

(Image removed from quote.)

Got to meet up with cbtrtbum and fishaholictaz and share some battle stories on the ice. I do have to confess to make at the altar of Iceshanty.com though. I did something a little impish. I came out for an hour, catch this cuttie, and leave like a showoff. Sorry. I had to take Sac to sportsmans warehouse so he could buy the last vexilar they had. I kid you not he was hugging it on the way home  :blink:

Hey trogdor  Nice cutthroat and has some great colors and spots way to go. 
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline wyowind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #137 on: Feb 23, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Nice fish gentlemen!!!  :o

Offline JackofallFish7

• IceShanty Rookie
  • School sucks, I'm goin' fishin'!
« Reply #138 on: Feb 24, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Hey,
    First post, new to the site, but has anyone caught any Lakers outta Hattie recently? I know they used to be in there but I haven't seen one in a long time.
There is a fine line between ice fishing and just standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #139 on: Feb 24, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Welcome to IS!

I know there was one caught last year in the derby, but thats the last I heard. The fly store would be the place to ask.

Now because you are new you must divulge all your hotspots.   ;D  just kidding

Tu ne cede malis

Offline JackofallFish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #140 on: Feb 24, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Ha ha, I actually work at the flystore and we haven't heard anything, at least i haven't.  I don't think anyone else has either, but i would need to ask. I kinda hope that they didn't die off in there, but at the same time, I would think it would help the other species in the lake.
  Lol what hot spots, between the Guard, the Flystore and school, I haven't hardly had any time to go do any real exploring for almost 2 years!
There is a fine line between ice fishing and just standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:43 PM »
A Colorado forum on another site posted a decent laker coming from hattie this past summer. That is the last laker I've heard about.

...Hmph, I been settin' so long my old behinder is stiff..." Doig's Grandma

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #142 on: Feb 24, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Yeah i doubt there are more than a handful left.

The G&F would see them show up in their nets if they were thicker.  It is always surprising to see a very old specimen that sneaks through being caught or netted for 10-20 years.  

I'm sure some of you have heard about the flathead (20+lbs) that was caught up at the dam above Glendo in 2004. I think the G/F somehow caught a hold of some flatheads from Nebraska and put them in the North Platte?  Didn't work out so well, too bad.   It seems like sometimes they stock something with some wishful thinking and it doesn't go so well.  The majority of the species dies off because they can't reproduce , but a few specimens thrive and grow very fast.  I heard something about largemouth bass in Glendo?

I think they stocked LMB in the gorge at one stage too?
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #143 on: Feb 24, 2010, 11:33 PM »
I never heard about them stocking the gorge with largemouths...then again who knows what they're stalking the lake with now a days. The ling are everywhere and there's been a few reports over the years of catching walleye. Next, people will be catching great white's.
Trent Williams

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #144 on: Feb 25, 2010, 12:10 AM »
Good point. If Game and Fish would be more transparent about their actions and decissions then maybe there would be less bucket biology going on. Then maybe impoundments like the gorge wouldn't be overrun with 'pout
Tu ne cede malis

Offline gray goose

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #145 on: Feb 25, 2010, 08:53 AM »
i have caught lb in glendo,but they are rare. as for flatheads , they are rarer. i've talked to guys that say they caught them, but yet to see one.

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #146 on: Feb 25, 2010, 11:10 AM »
fishaholictaz and i fished Gelatte yesterday for around 4.5hrs....He lost one, i didnt have a bite.  Glad to be out on the ice nonetheless. 

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #147 on: Feb 25, 2010, 01:37 PM »
fishaholictaz and i fished Gelatte yesterday for around 4.5hrs....He lost one, i didnt have a bite.  Glad to be out on the ice nonetheless. 

Better then an office or classroom any day!!! :bow:
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline JackofallFish7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #148 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:25 PM »
i have to wonder if G/F knows anything about what's in the lakes, if you go to the offices and get the fishing pamphlet you'll find that some lakes report fish that aren't there anymore, and some fish aren't reported at all. Case in point, they don't mention the perch in Hattie, but apparently there are still brookies in Gillette, which there may be but like hattie's lakers, they may be pretty rare

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #149 on: Feb 26, 2010, 01:06 AM »
Better then an office or classroom any day!!! :bow:

no doubt man!  Back to work today.....wishin i was on the ice!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.