Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

JawJacker Rod setup

(1/2) > >>

Slammert7:
Just wondering if anyone has recommendations on a general walleye to bass to perch rod for this, had some old wal mart special that didn't have enough thump and ordered a jawjacker mh and it came with a broken tip and what's left is like a 2x4 thanks for any input

NEZ:
What I found that works is getting one of the ugly stick ice rods for the jaw jacker.  It seems that you can not use a higher end rod because when it goes off, it will break the rod.  Nez

Slammert7:
Thanks, I'll have to get my hands on one longer the better right? I thought about using my 5ft trout rod lol

charger7022:

--- Quote from: NEZ on Jan 21, 2022, 09:55 PM ---What I found that works is getting one of the ugly stick ice rods for the jaw jacker.  It seems that you can not use a higher end rod because when it goes off, it will break the rod.  Nez

--- End quote ---
  The ugly stick rods are the best!  i use the mediums for my homemade jaw jackers and the ultra lites for my jigging rods.   just toss em in the sled and dont have to worry about them breaking and if they do oh well they are/were only $18 bucks.   

Crappiehunter1981:
I bought to of the walmart ugly stick dock runner combos.  36" medium $14.00 each.  I brought them home and took the reels off and throw them away.  Put a couple other ice reels on them and they work great.  Just a thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version