The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur  (Read 18825 times)

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Arthur
« Reply #90 on: Jan 20, 2022, 06:15 PM »
The ice was 5 inches at Goddard state park right before the snow arrived...hoping to go there this weekend again..this way,,we can stay clear of the tournament. The lake however,..talked like I've never heard..extremely noisy...I'll be curious as to how much snow is on the lake now.

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Jan 21, 2022, 12:09 PM »
With the tourney on Sat filling up Shannon and MC, does anyone know of other good places to get on 4"+ ice? I been telling the kids I would take them out on Sunday. But never been outside the tourney area.  Thanks In Advanced.

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 21, 2022, 12:11 PM »
Porters cove might be safe, not 100% sure though
: )

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #93 on: Jan 21, 2022, 12:32 PM »
i had my subaru down there tuesday . it was sketchy at best and im glad i didnt get stuck .
528 dead end road. not a single bite

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #94 on: Jan 21, 2022, 06:27 PM »
Anybody been back the road to the 528 upper (canoe/kayak) launch? I am hoping some of it melted and not all got packed down.  If it’s the later it will be a nightmare with ice (always is)
I saw a few guys out there last Friday. They were smart. They parked at the upper 528 launch and walked out to that area your talking about. Im pretty sure your talking about the launching area at the end of Barkley rd where the old bridge stones are. It's very dangerous to access the lake there. Beavers are all through there and the ice where they swim in the channel is always super thin. I went through there years ago. Lake had 7" everywhere, but I found a spot that was 1" thick over 4 foot of water about 20 feet of shore. It's been like that year after year.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Jan 21, 2022, 06:42 PM »
I have also went in there you have to stay away from the beaver

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #96 on: Jan 22, 2022, 03:44 AM »
I saw a few guys out there last Friday. They were smart. They parked at the upper 528 launch and walked out to that area your talking about. Im pretty sure your talking about the launching area at the end of Barkley rd where the old bridge stones are. It's very dangerous to access the lake there. Beavers are all through there and the ice where they swim in the channel is always super thin. I went through there years ago. Lake had 7" everywhere, but I found a spot that was 1" thick over 4 foot of water about 20 feet of shore. It's been like that year after year.

Fish hunter is 100% correct.  I'm not saying it's not possible, but it is dangerous.

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Jan 22, 2022, 12:47 PM »
fished Dutch Hollow this morning.. 15 tip-ups and not a single flag. not sure where to go tomorrow morn.

Offline walikilr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Jan 22, 2022, 01:19 PM »
 Another lake. Haha. Things haven’t changed much for some. Saw 40 tipups last week in Shannon. 5 flags no fish. I’m not giving up. Has to get better.

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #99 on: Jan 22, 2022, 01:35 PM »
3 days after a full moon . tuesday should be better?

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #100 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:22 PM »
3 days after a full moon . tuesday should be better?
also a sasquachuwan screamer and a quebec clipper coming through in the next couple days bringing mo sno and cold to our area  >:(
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:46 PM »
With the pressure dropping,..hopefully the fish will bite soon...     :'(.

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #102 on: Jan 22, 2022, 08:13 PM »
Fished today on the 422 side of Nealy Point to avoid the masses in the tournament. About 4 inches of clear ice with 3.5 inches of white ice. Lots of lookers but only a small handful of takers, all small perch aside from one bluegill. Nobody else out on that section of lake. If you are going to go out that way, tread lightly and have a spud bar. Ice directly off the point looked totally clear as if it wasn't frozen during the snow storm.
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Jan 23, 2022, 10:57 AM »
fished north shore this morning.. no flags.. no fish.. pulled the starter rope out of my auger.. snowed like hell.

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Jan 23, 2022, 12:13 PM »
Fished LA yesterday evening and this morning.  The evening bite was tough and had to work the fish for a nibble but brought some topside that all went back.  This morning had a hot and heavy 40 minute bite window before the snow hit and then it stopped just as quick as it started.

Offline snydje

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Jan 23, 2022, 01:38 PM »
Fished Porters cove yesterday. 40+ tip ups. No flags. 7 inches of ice. Road to the boat launch was icy.

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Jan 24, 2022, 07:53 AM »
The ice should be thick enough for the deep water...but with all the snow we have been getting,..it will be tough pulling ,..but a little easier with a smitty sled...I'm thinking deep water ,..better oxygen..hopefully better action.

Offline copendirt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 24, 2022, 07:36 PM »
Has anyone been out to the island between the cabins and dam.  If so any ice thickness reports

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Jan 25, 2022, 09:15 AM »
We have only had ice for a short time there's still plenty of O2 and fish shallow 15 FOW or less.  I've struggled more so far this season in deeper water than shallow that is for sure and on a verity of lakes.         

Offline dipNrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Jan 25, 2022, 10:44 AM »
Anybody been to 528 launch or Zion? Thinking about going out later but not sure how bad the lots are.
   I know with my tires I don’t want to drive down to the 528 launch if it isn’t plowed or a sheet of ice.

Offline Flyfshr125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #110 on: Jan 25, 2022, 12:17 PM »
I went out to the church last week after the big snow storm and their lot wasn't bad but I haven't been out since

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Jan 25, 2022, 12:57 PM »
The warm day after the big snow turned most of the roads to ice . Be careful  .

Offline dipNrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Jan 25, 2022, 02:13 PM »
The warm day after the big snow turned most of the roads to ice . Be careful  .

26 degrees is warm? You must be from the upper Midwest, lol!
 No, I get it with sun melting the top layer of snow and refreshing along with all the other junk from previous storms and compaction.
 Zion is pretty decent usually as it pretty flat as long you don’t go down that side launch road.

Offline copendirt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Jan 25, 2022, 05:17 PM »
Was at the church Sunday road and lot were good. When I got there. Terrible when I left. The bite was good630  till830. am. Then just shut off.  Only jigging the tip up guys were very slow only saw one flag up in Shannon.  Lot's of tents on crappie point

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #114 on: Jan 25, 2022, 07:03 PM »
Checked out Neeley Point tonight...it was not safe - I walked out maybe 20 feet.  Ice was not too thick and there were wet spots. Someone else had done the same before me.

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #115 on: Jan 25, 2022, 07:10 PM »
Checked out Neeley Point tonight...it was not safe - I walked out maybe 20 feet.  Ice was not too thick and there were wet spots. Someone else had done the same before me.

Roger That!  I was going to head out there tomorrow but it’s sketchy sometimes.  Saved me a little trip and some time to fish. Thanks jaeger80.
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #116 on: Jan 25, 2022, 07:17 PM »
You bet brother

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #117 on: Jan 25, 2022, 09:15 PM »

I fished over there Saturday morning. The ice at the access point was not good, but I walked along the trail and dropped over the bank. Ice was good enough to fish on that side. A bit of a hike to get back up from there but it's possible with a sled. I only went about 50ish feet away from shore. 4 inches of clear ice with 3 inches or so of white ice. Far from ideal but fishable. That being said, I do not recommend anyone unfamiliar with the lake or ice fishing in general try going out in that area at this time.
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Jan 26, 2022, 11:18 AM »
Thinking about going out tomorrow night right off the church launch.  Anyone else going out tomorrow night? How's the crappie bite been in the evening?
: )

Offline Forestman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Jan 26, 2022, 08:31 PM »
Fished the lake for the first time ever Monday and Tuesday.Monday drilled a lot of holes and caught some bluegills.Tuesday drilled some holes and found some brush piles out from the church and caught some really nice crappy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.