Author Topic: Anyone running a Garmin 106 sv ?  (Read 794 times)

Offline cold nose

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone running a Garmin 106 sv ?
« on: Nov 14, 2021, 10:54 AM »
Looking for those who are running this unit with Live Scope likes dislikes . BPS is going to have them for 1000.00 vs 700.00 for the 93 sv .

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: Anyone running a Garmin 106 sv ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2021, 04:13 PM »
Looking for those who are running this unit with Live Scope likes dislikes . BPS is going to have them for 1000.00 vs 700.00 for the 93 sv .

When? I was going to get the 93sv but Ill jump on that 106 if the deal is good.

I cant see it begin a negative, my concern would be having a good protector as you r moving your gear so screen does not get damaged in transit. Once its is setup, I think you would love it. Also keep in mind you may need a bigger battery for the screen size. Not sure how much the 106 pulls for power with Livescope.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2021, 07:16 PM »

For ice fishing, would like to recommend our Eyoyo underwater fishing camera visible system. It should be a nice solution for fish detection and saving money!
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2021, 05:52 AM »
For ice fishing, would like to recommend our Eyoyo underwater fishing camera visible system. It should be a nice solution for fish detection and saving money!

Does this camera have the ability to look out 100' or more to detect fish?  Can it determine depth at distance?  How far can it see in turbid water?  I expect a camera would be a nice addition at certain times, but a pale comparison to the abilities that a Garmin Livescope unit provides.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2021, 07:47 AM »
Does this camera have the ability to look out 100' or more to detect fish?  Can it determine depth at distance?  How far can it see in turbid water?  I expect a camera would be a nice addition at certain times, but a pale comparison to the abilities that a Garmin Livescope unit provides.

I have an eyoyo camera I bought a few years ago. No good for deep water in my opinion. I have a 75 foot camera cord so in theory I can send it down pretty far but there is such little light that makes it down there it almost renders the camera useless. Yes it has IR for dark water but all that does is highlight all the tiny microscopic plankton and critters really close to camera lens so you don't really see much behind it.

Its great for shallow water and water that is very clear. In my experience, it is not good for any dep water like I would find for lake trout.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline tjacob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2021, 09:16 AM »

I've run the 106 with Livescope for two years on open water, but not on ice. Will be running it this year however. For Livescope you will find very little difference for image quality over the 93. There are some who claim the colors are not as sharp as the 93 either, but I don't run the colors they run so notice no difference. It will weight about 1.7 lbs. more than the 93 and a bigger current draw(1.5 for the 93 vs 2.2 for the 106). My biggest plus's are networking, running the two Livescope models, screen resolution, increased size and faster processor.

Offline cold nose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2021, 08:43 PM »
Tjacob I was able to snag a 93 and the 106 from Bass Pro thank you for the heads up plan to net work them in the boat also alreadt got the 18 amp hour Amped Outdoors battery and plan on getting a 30 also . Excited to get it together and get it on the ice .

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2021, 04:46 PM »
I tried to get the 106sv on black friday but they sold out, I ended up with the 93sv instead.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.