Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

2006 License

<< < (2/3) > >>

Byron/PA:
dkfry,

The reason that many small independent tackle shops do not sell fishing or hunting licenses is because the controlling agencies ( Fish or Game Commisions ) make it financially impossible to do so. It takes lots of upfront cash to become qualified to become an issuing agent, and most smaller shops cannot afford the fee's. The big chains have the capital to afford the ridicules expenses involved, while the little guys are left out.
Trust me, your local shop would love to sell these items, if the powers to be would let them ??? ??? ???

Thor:
Last year, the licenses were not sold until January 1st because there was a fee increase.  I read the actual statute online at the PA General Assembly website, and the way the law was written, it appeared to me that they would not have been able to charge the higher amount until January 1, 2005.  Therefore, they did not sell the 2005 license beginning on December 1, 2004, as they usually do.

Because there is no price increase this year, they can sell the license as of December 1st.  Last year, if they would have worded the law differently, they probably could have sold the licenses as of December 1, 2004 at the higher 2005 price.

hali-man:
How much is a license for non-residents?

Byron/PA:
$51 ,  $33 and $25 for yearly , 7 day and 3 day :-[ :-[ :-[

Why do you think I keep comeing to Silver ;D ;D

arley/pa:
nice thing about the on-line licenses is that you can print a copy in case you lose one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version