Author Topic: Just got a Glide Lite and looking for mod ideas  (Read 4664 times)

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just got a Glide Lite and looking for mod ideas
« on: Dec 13, 2009, 04:40 PM »
Just picked up a strikemaster Glide Lite sled the other day and I am looking for a few mod ideas (Its set up pretty good out of the box but a few things I'd like to change).

1) How are you guys mounting your augers to the sled to carry. I have a strikemaster lazer hand auger so it is lite but would be nice to attach it to the sled somehow for the walk out/in.

2) I would like to make a cover for the large compartment opening, but I dont really want it to be something permant on a hinge. I am thinking a sliding cover that I can stow when it is nice and put in when it is snowing hard or some kind of a cover out of nylon or canvas that can snap on (my wife is a whiz with the sewing machine).

That is about it right now, if any one has any ideas or pics please let me know.

Thanks
J-

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Just got a Glide Lite and looking for mod ideas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Do a search on "sled mods" or "sled modification" or some similar search terms - you'll find a TON of ideas.  Hard part is deciding which works for you

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2009, 01:55 PM »
I you go on the thorne bros website and go in their message boards and look for a thread 2009 portable mod get together you will see a picture of Matt Johnson glide lite. http://www.thornebros.com/messageboard/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8371&page=5
Dave

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2009, 09:57 AM »
Here is what I came up with for the auger mount. Cost about 7 bucks and took a couple of hours (would have been much less if I didnt paint it). Made out of 1inch pvc and fittings, 1in wood dowel and two forks that you would use to hand a shovel on your garage wall. Here are some pics and if anyone wants I can do a detailed post on the how I made it.

J-

Offline slowkota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Biggest jumbo yellabellies
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Great job, almost looks like it came that way!

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Great job, almost looks like it came that way!

Thanks I used a textured Kylon plastics paint that by blind luck had just about the same texture and finish as the sled, LOL

J-

Offline Iceman421

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:43 AM »
I gotta give it up to some of you guys. The imagination in some of the mods I've seen here is just amazing......including this one.

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tight Lines and Screamin Drags to Ya!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:31 AM »
Man thats sweet!

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tight Lines and Screamin Drags to Ya!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:34 AM »
What did you use to makes the posts?

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2009, 06:50 PM »
What did you use to makes the posts?

"Made out of 1inch pvc and fittings, 1in wood dowel and two forks that you would use to hand a shovel on your garage wall. Here are some pics and if anyone wants I can do a detailed post on the how I made it."

I like those sleds. If I find one for half price I'll pick one up, not spending $80 plus $30 shipping for that thing. Good idea with the auger mount, looks like a factory job.

Fixed link
http://www.thornebros.com/messageboard/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8371&page=5

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:50 PM »
"Made out of 1inch pvc and fittings, 1in wood dowel and two forks that you would use to hand a shovel on your garage wall. Here are some pics and if anyone wants I can do a detailed post on the how I made it."

I like those sleds. If I find one for half price I'll pick one up, not spending $80 plus $30 shipping for that thing. Good idea with the auger mount, looks like a factory job.

Fixed link
http://www.thornebros.com/messageboard/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8371&page=5

Got mine at Bass Pro for $69 (still alot for about 4 dollars worth of blow molded plastic, LOL). Thats why I didnt get one last year cuz the only place I could find them was from Strikemaster directly and didnt like the $30 shipping either!

J-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.