The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tally Lake, Upper and Lower Stillwater, Bull and Dickey  (Read 1335 times)

Offline AKTRANSPLANT

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone caught anything in these lakes this past Summer and what do you expect the Ice Season to bring from these. They are kinda close to Whitefish and so was wondering how crowded they might get and what the payoff would be...?? ??? Any commuters have an idea what the ice might be like on Tally, Upper & Lower Stillwater, Bull and Dickey
"...it's cold up there and the ice is too thick to fish through...!!"

Offline PikeMan1234

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tally Lake, Upper and Lower Stillwater, Bull and Dickey
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2013, 12:34 AM »
Yes this Summer I have minus Bull and Dickey.  Tally lake seems best fished at the south side from my experience, I cant remember if I was catching brooks or rainbows, but Tally is always slow and not worth it.  Upper stillwater was slow as well this summer for small pike.  Lower stillwater is decent for small pike and perch, the best place to fish is by the islands (jig castmasters).  I hope this info from my past summer helps a little bit. 

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2013, 12:54 AM »
fished bull at ice off last year and got 5 bows and 40 kokanee. definitely a good lake to fish not to many people, idk how access will be though

Offline PJB_Montana

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Ice Baby
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2013, 11:59 AM »

Bull Lake Rainbow   ;)
PJB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.