Author Topic: New Clam shelters  (Read 12048 times)

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New Clam shelters
« Reply #30 on: Aug 25, 2016, 07:39 AM »
the website is right at a MSRP of $399.99. remember there will be sales during the season and at the large ice fishing shows around the ice belt so you should be able to find it out there some place a little below MSRP. St Paul Ice Fishing Show has most vendors giving 10 to 15 percent off retail price on houses and other gear for example.

$400 just seems like a steep price increase to have something in black vs the broken ice package. I understand light wont come through and black should heat up better with the sun but... wow. I guess if you could find if for 15% off that would be a good deal. I have been thinking about going to the St. Paul show. I know there is one in Milwaukee also but don't know how the two will compare in size and discount deals.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Aug 25, 2016, 04:16 PM »
$400 just seems like a steep price increase to have something in black vs the broken ice package. I understand light wont come through and black should heat up better with the sun but... wow. I guess if you could find if for 15% off that would be a good deal. I have been thinking about going to the St. Paul show. I know there is one in Milwaukee also but don't know how the two will compare in size and discount deals.

vendors are the same at both shows. Both shows are run by the same promo company. the big three vendors are Thorne Brothers, Reeds, and Marine General. also at the show is Joe's sporting goods at least they are at the St Paul Show. hint about the shows : cash is king over plastic, secondly to get the best deal on a house at the shows shop all the vendors against each other. sometimes they will throw in a small freebie to make the sale with you, just got to ask them. lastly if you can wait it out, the last day of the shows can give you some good deals as many things the vendors sell that day is less they have to haul back to their respective stores. this little tip doesn't help with items that are in high demand thou as they tend to sell out of that stuff the first day of the shows.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Aug 25, 2016, 05:33 PM »
vendors are the same at both shows. Both shows are run by the same promo company. the big three vendors are Thorne Brothers, Reeds, and Marine General. also at the show is Joe's sporting goods at least they are at the St Paul Show. hint about the shows : cash is king over plastic, secondly to get the best deal on a house at the shows shop all the vendors against each other. sometimes they will throw in a small freebie to make the sale with you, just got to ask them. lastly if you can wait it out, the last day of the shows can give you some good deals as many things the vendors sell that day is less they have to haul back to their respective stores. this little tip doesn't help with items that are in high demand thou as they tend to sell out of that stuff the first day of the shows.

Thanks for the insight. I will try to hit one or two and see if I can strike a deal.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Aug 29, 2016, 11:15 AM »
hey Team Reload,

I was wrong on the new Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth. I just seen a video that another one of the pro staffer did today and he showed and talked about this house. it does come with the light bar and the battery bracket and over head mesh pouch. this stuff was left out of the catalog in error. so this explains the $399.99 MSRP that stuff would equal the difference between this house and the broken ice version of this house.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Aug 29, 2016, 12:09 PM »
hey Team Reload,

I was wrong on the new Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth. I just seen a video that another one of the pro staffer did today and he showed and talked about this house. it does come with the light bar and the battery bracket and over head mesh pouch. this stuff was left out of the catalog in error. so this explains the $399.99 MSRP that stuff would equal the difference between this house and the broken ice version of this house.

Awesome man!!!! Where did you see the video? Searching frantically now haha

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Aug 29, 2016, 09:26 PM »
Awesome man!!!! Where did you see the video? Searching frantically now haha

it is on Kevan Paul's facebook page. he is a fellow Pro Staffer for Clam also. it is his live video from the fair today. can't find a way to link to the video but here is a link to his page.

https://www.facebook.com/kevan.paul.5?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

the video is the one that starts with the picture of the auger.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #36 on: Aug 30, 2016, 05:46 AM »
Why can we not find the black version advertised anywhere?? Several sites, including Clam, have pulled it?
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Aug 30, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Why can we not find the black version advertised anywhere?? Several sites, including Clam, have pulled it?

They have not pulled it.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017/kenai-pro-thermal-stealth-1-man-w-basic-seat.html

http://sportsmensdirect.com/shop/ice-shanty-accessories/clam-kenai-pro-thermal-stealth/

In order to see it on the clam website you need to go under whats new for 2016-17

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Aug 30, 2016, 07:11 AM »
it is on Kevan Paul's facebook page. he is a fellow Pro Staffer for Clam also. it is his live video from the fair today. can't find a way to link to the video but here is a link to his page.

https://www.facebook.com/kevan.paul.5?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

the video is the one that starts with the picture of the auger.

Thanks for the link man! One thing. The website says its 900D fabric and the new catalog says 600D. The catalog also left out the light bar, overhead storage, and battery tray which we have now found out it does have. In the video that you linked if you pause it just right the advertisement tag hanging by the door also says 900D. Is it safe to say that 900D is the case?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Aug 30, 2016, 04:04 PM »

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Aug 30, 2016, 08:35 PM »
Thanks for the link man! One thing. The website says its 900D fabric and the new catalog says 600D. The catalog also left out the light bar, overhead storage, and battery tray which we have now found out it does have. In the video that you linked if you pause it just right the advertisement tag hanging by the door also says 900D. Is it safe to say that 900D is the case?

I just noticed that now after you pointed it out. I will have some questions for the higher ups at Clam come Pro Day(our annual meeting of the pro staff). thanks for pointing that out. I will ask them why the info in the catalog was wrong and did not include that other stuff also. they need to get this stuff right before they print the catalog.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Aug 30, 2016, 08:38 PM »
I just noticed that now after you pointed it out. I will have some questions for the higher ups at Clam come Pro Day(our annual meeting of the pro staff). thanks for pointing that out. I will ask them why the info in the catalog was wrong and did not include that other stuff also. they need to get this stuff right before they print the catalog.

Sounds great. Thanks again. Please let us know the details. I will post details if I get to see one before your training day. (Not sure when that is)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Aug 31, 2016, 05:18 AM »
The Sportsmen's Direct link you gave me has all the specs.
http://sportsmensdirect.com/shop/ice-shanty-accessories/clam-kenai-pro-thermal-stealth/

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Aug 31, 2016, 07:52 AM »
The Sportsmen's Direct link you gave me has all the specs.

The only reason I was telling to tell us the details is because the specs online are different from the Clam Catalog. The catalog says the fabric is 600D and everywhere else says 900D. The catalog does not mention the light, over head storage, or battery tray and everywhere else does. He is going to check with some of the big wigs and get us a absolute answer.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Aug 31, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Sounds great. Thanks again. Please let us know the details. I will post details if I get to see one before your training day. (Not sure when that is)

the pro day is October 7th but I am going to shoot them a email now to see if they can provide the correct info. they are tied up with the Minnesota state fair until Labor day but they should hopefully still answer their emails before then. I can let you know when I hear back from them.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Aug 31, 2016, 05:42 PM »
so I heard back from my contact. here is his reply to me when I asked him about the new Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth.

"The new Kenai Stealth is 900 denier and comes with the new mini light bar and overhead mesh... the catalog is wrong..."

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Aug 31, 2016, 05:50 PM »
so I heard back from my contact. here is his reply to me when I asked him about the new Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth.

"The new Kenai Stealth is 900 denier and comes with the new mini light bar and overhead mesh... the catalog is wrong..."

Awesome. Thanks for the info

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Sep 01, 2016, 07:37 AM »
The Blazer had been added back to the clam website if anyone is interested. Here is a link for easy browsing

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017/blazer-lightweight-1-man.html

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Sep 01, 2016, 07:45 AM »
B.Y.O.B.    Bring your own bucket!!! lol.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.