Author Topic: Glen's Outdoors Hub Style Portable (with Pics)  (Read 15131 times)

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
Re: Glen's Outdoors Hub Style Portable (with Pics)
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2010, 04:58 PM »
Ordered mine today!

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Just used mine on the ice today, it was great!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:58 PM »
adam_mcd,  ? Did it slip by you, back in post #25, the last line or two?

:woot:

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2010, 10:32 PM »
No I just couldn't come up with and good reply.

Offline fishin mt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2010, 10:38 PM »
adam did you get to try out that new hut today?

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2010, 10:40 PM »
not yet, had to go take Christmas card pictures this morning then we went to the stroll this afternoon.  I'm going to try to get out on Sun.  Its been riding around in my pick up you should stop by the shop next week and we'll set it up. 

Offline Klimshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2010, 02:57 PM »
We had to raise the price on them to stem the tide a little.  We didn't want to finally have ice and no houses to sell.  If anyone was looking at getting one in the very near future I could probably arrange the sale price to be had....

If anyone is interested, I have a black and gray Thermal version as well that runs $199.95.  They won't make it to the site due to some idiots(me) under-forecasting of their sales.  But if anyone would like one of the 10 I have left let me know.

Dana....any chance of taking you up on trying to get the sale price for the 3 man?  I would buy one.

Chris

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:52 PM »
I've been out 4 times in the last 5 days with my shack (taking the day off today) and I'm still loving it. Here's a few pictures of it on the ice.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #38 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:15 PM »

Glen's has one less in stock as I got my order in and it ships today.

Thankx fellows, for the pics, reviews and comments.

Tom

After darkthirty on the 8th, "Brown" arrived with my copy of the GEO3 6X6 in the rain.
No chance to set it up, yet - just opened the carry bag and looked in and noticed how durable the material is.
Having seen and handled several other brands at retailers, I'll ask, could it really stand up to a hurricane?

Don't let the shipping time for mine deter you, as I live a long way from civilization.    :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:28 PM »
What material are the hubs?  Aluminum or plastic?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #40 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Kryptonite, ha. Very heavyduty aaaa,  Better ask dana what the material is for the truth.    :o

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 09, 2010, 04:26 PM »
The hubs are aluminum with plastic parts on the end of the poles.

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 09, 2010, 04:30 PM »
The hubs are aluminum with plastic parts on the end of the poles.
Thanks.  I thought they were aluminum.  Just couldn't be sure.  Looks like the hub design has improved over the years.

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Still waiting on my new poles...  Still haven't been able to take it out.  I'm not really impressed with the warranty so far.  I wonder what it will be like getting parts in 5 or six years.

Offline ole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 30, 2010, 10:27 AM »
We had to raise the price on them to stem the tide a little.  We didn't want to finally have ice and no houses to sell.  If anyone was looking at getting one in the very near future I could probably arrange the sale price to be had....

If anyone is interested, I have a black and gray Thermal version as well that runs $199.95.  They won't make it to the site due to some idiots(me) under-forecasting of their sales.  But if anyone would like one of the 10 I have left let me know.

Hello, I am very interested in buying a thermal version of the 6x6, do you have any available?

Thanks,

Ole

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #45 on: Dec 30, 2010, 10:51 AM »
           Hi ole, Welcome to IceShanty.

Glen's is still too busy with the holiday rush to read this thread so, you best give them a call

Toll free   (888)525-1201  Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM CST.

Tell them you are an IceShanty member.  And ask if "ShantyTown" will work for free shipping.

Tom

Offline ole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 30, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Thanks Tom.  I actually called and talked to someone there, the thermals are gone, so I ordered the 3 man.  The "ShantyTown" code still gives free shipping, so thank you for that.  Can't wait for the UPS man to come.

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 30, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Can't wait for the UPS man to come.

You'll love it!! I ripped that box open and set it up in my garage with a big smile on my face!  ;D

Offline MJS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:09 AM »
 Mine will be here today WooHoo!!!!!    ;D After reading your review I decided on a Glens 3 man Hub.
THANKS!!!   

Offline Ericjeeper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 04, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Still waiting on my new poles...  Still haven't been able to take it out.  I'm not really impressed with the warranty so far.  I wonder what it will be like getting parts in 5 or six years.
did you ever get your issues resolved?

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:22 AM »
did you ever get your issues resolved?

I did.  After two weeks I called again and got a new pole.  It shipped in about a week.   Replacing the pole was very easy and since I've used the shack three times.  I love it.  I do still have concerns about how  to get replacement parts in a few years after the warranty expires.

Offline Full Throttle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 23, 2011, 04:05 PM »
They must have ran out of the 3-man. I see they took it off the site.

Offline rjhulbert

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Thank you everyone for the feedback on the hub's. I am currently itching to pull the trigger on the 4-6 man hub, I have been looking into getting one the last 2 years and have decided that this year will be the year. I was debating between all the hubs out there and until I was googling 6 man shanties I didn't even know Glen's made one. After doing research and looking it over the last few weeks I have decided that I am pretty much a go for the Glen's probably order it the end of this week or beginning of next. I have never bought one but have a weekend trip for tigers and pikes in a month and want to make sure my group and I have plenty of room if it is too nasty outside to all get in under some shelter without any worries about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on how to take optimum care of them to keep them in tip top shape for the long haul? Thanks again for all the detailed information.
rjhulbert
It's close

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #53 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:20 PM »
  RJ, when you order, mention "Shanty Town", maybe you'll get free shipping.

Tom                                                                      :thumbsup:

Offline rjhulbert

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:43 PM »
  RJ, when you order, mention "Shanty Town", maybe you'll get free shipping.

Tom                                                                      :thumbsup:

Will do thanks idahogator appreciate the heads up  ;D :thumbsup:
It's close

Offline Ericjeeper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:51 PM »
Thank you everyone for the feedback on the hub's. I am currently itching to pull the trigger on the 4-6 man hub, I have been looking into getting one the last 2 years and have decided that this year will be the year. I was debating between all the hubs out there and until I was googling 6 man shanties I didn't even know Glen's made one. After doing research and looking it over the last few weeks I have decided that I am pretty much a go for the Glen's probably order it the end of this week or beginning of next. I have never bought one but have a weekend trip for tigers and pikes in a month and want to make sure my group and I have plenty of room if it is too nasty outside to all get in under some shelter without any worries about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on how to take optimum care of them to keep them in tip top shape for the long haul? Thanks again for all the detailed information.
rjhulbert
The way I do mine is after I use it.. I set it up in the heated garage to let it dry out thoroughly.Then put it back into the bag. Making sure I keep the ice screw and straps included in the bag!

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Ditto.  If you can't put them up in the heated basement or garage, the living room has always worked for me.
Strange.  Wife never really objected.

Offline rjhulbert

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Thanks for the drying tips. How long does it usually take to dry out with the understanding that it varies from wetness but I guess I am asking does it dry quickly.
It's close

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:04 PM »
I like to dry mine as well, I don't think it really affects it. I know a lot of people who don't dry theirs until spring comes around and they seem fine. I just like knowing that my shack is neat and dry. I throw a space heater in mine and even when it was at its wettest, it was nearly all dry in 2-3 hours. Your's will be twice as big as mine though so it all kind of depends.

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Mine always dries out in a couple of hours too. I think that keeping it dry is about all you can do, maybe try to make sure that the windows stay flat when you fold it up.

Adam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.