Author Topic: Ice going fast in the ponds  (Read 1205 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice going fast in the ponds
« on: Mar 13, 2019, 11:52 AM »

Noble County. Probably gone tomorrow some time. But will skim over again with the next cold front. This may be the latest I've seen ice on the ponds?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline walleye wil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice going fast in the ponds
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2019, 07:02 PM »
yep, time for long poles!! all the ice will be no good now and the rain and wind coming will
take it all the way soon!! my son and i was on ice monday at jimmerson channel, was sketchy. 4 inches some places, and 6 in others.
just wanted one more time to ice fish for the year. will be in boat on erie with my brother in the next 2-3 weeks, going after the jig bite and trolling.
had one jigging 3-years ago that went 12 pounds 2 oz. should have mounted, but i didnt have the money, so i cut it!
wished i would have mounted, probably wont catch that big again over there! my brother just about choked on his saliva when i told the
guy to cut it, he has not caught one over 11 pounds in all the years he has fished  for them!!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2019, 07:09 PM »
That's my plan also ! Never been before but so e buddies have and they ate coming with me , can not wait !!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2019, 12:16 AM »
Wow, I think I’ll be on ice into April (up here in Maine  ;D).

Offline walleye wil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2019, 12:23 AM »
maybe if you go north about 4 hours, not around northeast indiana, unless you want to go swimming!! be smarter than the average bear dude!

Offline walleye wil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2019, 12:27 AM »
sorry, if you are in Maine you are probably correct!!! but not here in indiana. tim e to get ready for mushroom hunting in the next month.
which is what my boys and i call land fishing. cant wait to taste the shrooms!!!!!!!1

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:46 AM »
sorry, if you are in Maine you are probably correct!!! but not here in indiana. tim e to get ready for mushroom hunting in the next month.
which is what my boys and i call land fishing. cant wait to taste the shrooms!!!!!!!1
Yea I prob should of remembered I was posting in other forums. I’ll give an ice report if I don’t get rained out Friday.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2019, 01:14 PM »
yep, time for long poles!! all the ice will be no good now and the rain and wind coming will
take it all the way soon!! my son and i was on ice monday at jimmerson channel, was sketchy. 4 inches some places, and 6 in others.
just wanted one more time to ice fish for the year. will be in boat on erie with my brother in the next 2-3 weeks, going after the jig bite and trolling.
had one jigging 3-years ago that went 12 pounds 2 oz. should have mounted, but i didnt have the money, so i cut it!
wished i would have mounted, probably wont catch that big again over there! my brother just about choked on his saliva when i told the
guy to cut it, he has not caught one over 11 pounds in all the years he has fished  for them!!

If you put your time in you should get another 12 pounder. I get them in from Erie every year. Some even bigger. The way you are fishing this early is the way to get them.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Ponds are ice free now!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.