Author Topic: Custom jig and spin  (Read 17920 times)

Offline hardicefisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Custom jig and spin
« on: Feb 17, 2008, 09:21 PM »
I just recently purchased a few new jigs from Customjigsandspins.com .  I bought both the diamond jig and the gill pill in a couple different colors and sizes. I'm wondering if anyones else has any experiences with these two jigs?

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Custom jig and spin
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Have purchased and used both, they catch fish. Custom Jigs & Spins make quality products, IMO. I have used their Demon jigs (#10 & #12) for years they're one of my favorite bluegill lures.

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2008, 09:25 PM »
customs my favorite ice-jig company...if I'm not using something I made myself, I am using a custom...the long rockers, or demons are my favorite, altough I have used all of them...
It's all about Karma.....

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2008, 11:01 PM »
Diamonds (as good as Wolframs @ < 1/2 the price) are my go to, Demons for vertical with the new 'gill pills doing nicely as a change of pace.

Offline fishlight

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2008, 08:35 AM »
They are great jigs made an order last week tue. still haven't got my order. 

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Should have added that the Purest, when the 'gills are IN the weeds is great. Black, green, purple and redworm. Ratso's are solid but usually just buy the tails for a micro minnow presentation. Anyone try the Marmish line yet? Maggot #1 & #2 been working well in the lightly weeded flats.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:26 PM »
the glow jigs work great  for all of them, diamond jig, nuclear ant, demon, buy the other colors too, for clear wter and the softwater season

Offline vexaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:00 PM »
I like the Ratfinkee and Ratso by Custom Jigs & Spins. Catch fish with no bait on the Ratso. Have a question about the 'Gill Pill. Is this fished horiz. or vertical ? With that 45 degree angle hook it hangs weird. Also has anyone used the Poppee jig?

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2008, 08:47 AM »
They make GREAT JIGS,Ratso's fished clean,Ratfinee w/two mags,Demon/wax w. but the best has come the GILL PILL,fished horazonal,tipped with two mags or a wax worm,just out fished any jig this year,just spanked them on firetiger.Great hook ups,that hook on the 45 degree angle just grabs on to all fish.

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2008, 01:23 PM »
... Have a question about the 'Gill Pill. Is this fished horiz. or vertical ? With that 45 degree angle hook it hangs weird. Also has anyone used the Poppee jig?

I fish it at a 45* angle just like it hangs making hook ups somewhat easier when they're barely suckin' the bait in.

...Ratso's fished clean,Ratfinee w/two mags, ....

If ya like the ratso, try a Fat Boy #10 or #12 w/Ratso or Lil Atom Duppie bodies with or without bait. The bigger profile and the red techniglow eye really gets 'em going some days. I like the Duppies as the little twin tails quiver at the slightest movement.

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline wi iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Hey it's sunny out!"
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:56 AM »
I have had great success with both jigs. I like the gill pill in sort of like a firetiger pattern.
Ice is on the lake so we're goin' fishin'!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2009, 04:44 PM »
My favorite is the Diamond Jig in red glow.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline keng52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2009, 01:23 PM »
My Dad literally has caught many thousands of Bluegills on black (or pink) Rat Finkies. Size 10 or 12 in the spring/summer and 12 or 14 thru the ice, usually tipped with a waxie or tiny plastic.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2009, 01:47 PM »
As you can see, you have made two good choices. Both jigs catch fish. I make an order from CJ&S every season

Offline Jigging Nomad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigging Nomad
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Is the Diamond Jig the same thing as the Diamond Eye Jig made by Jr's Tackle in MN?   They look VERY similar.

The Diamond Eye has treated me very well on bluegill, crappie, perch and even largemouth.   
Looking for JUMBO Perch, Crappie, and Bluegill

Offline raptor777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2009, 09:01 PM »
Ive had good luck with the white/black Gill Pill.  Good product and good company to do business with.  You'll enjoy em for sure.

Offline stormtrooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2009, 02:51 PM »
gotta agree with vexaholic.Catch fish on the ratso or shrimpo w/ no bait.The secret is the tail action.Best lure ever created for ice fishing in my opinion.

Offline wi iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Hey it's sunny out!"
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2009, 06:45 PM »
gotta agree with vexaholic.Catch fish on the ratso or shrimpo w/ no bait.The secret is the tail action.Best lure ever created for ice fishing in my opinion.

I agree...the Ratso is the best ice fishing lure I have ever used! What is your favorite color pattern?
Ice is on the lake so we're goin' fishin'!

Offline vexaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2010, 03:22 PM »
the glow diamond jig is my go to lure.

Offline huntaholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2010, 09:31 PM »
I've caught tons of fish on their jigs. Gill Pills and Demons are my favorites

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 01, 2010, 02:53 PM »
I love the diamond jigs. Firetiger is my favorite. Caught 8 gills, a crappie, and my first perch on it last sunday. all on the same diamond jig. i have the gill pill too. havnt used it yet. but my friend has had some luck on it. Good fishing!

Offline LxHunter1983

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2010, 07:52 PM »
I love the diamond jigs. Firetiger is my favorite. Caught 8 gills, a crappie, and my first perch on it last sunday. all on the same diamond jig. i have the gill pill too. havnt used it yet. but my friend has had some luck on it. Good fishing!

This year I used the diamond jig firetiger ALOT I have caught tons of fish on this jig. I started the season with ten I only have three left seems the bass like it too on my 2 pound test. I used a pink gill pill the other day and caught quite a few. I love these jigs.

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Mar 04, 2010, 07:56 PM »
both great jigs. the gill pill caught my biggest perch and 14 1/4 and the diamond jig in glow worked great for pearch and lakers. couldnt  go wrong with any. good people to deal with as well

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 06, 2010, 09:44 AM »
Once again CJ&S lures lead the way this year,Gill Pill,firetiger,and coachdog were killers,clean Ratso's a close second,Ratfinkee had it's day's,and Frisbees,produced some huge 10 bulls,big suprise THE SLENDER SPOON,Bulls and slabs crush it with a T-Boned wax worm.Even tho ice is about done,I'm ordering more jigs and spoons while it's still fresh in my mind,then there will be no rush to find them next winter.

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 04, 2010, 08:12 AM »
Fire Tiger Diamond eye in the medium size (not sure of the number) is my go to for gills and crappie. Cleaned up with it so good on one small lake we fished a couple of years ago, we "re-named" it the "mill lake jig" LOL. Lucked out and found a couple of packages of them inthe 75% off bin at Gander Mountain last week, so I am well stocked in them now.

Also like some of their others like the ratso and rat finkee.
J-

Offline drcarplove

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Nov 08, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Last 2 years I took vacation late jan and feb to insure ice on vaccation. Last 2 years we had ice in S.E. NEbraska by xman. I just fished plastic and power bait until just before vac. then ordered maggies and waxies, I have caught last 2 years more on #8 and #10 rasto, shrimpos, and #10 demons rigged with a wedgee horizontal on hook. Hardly use the bait at all. I retired in july all summer fall and even now in nov. ratso and shrimpos have been my go to bait bobber fishing. Occasionally, Wind permitting, Fish off the side of the canoe with ice rods and flasher and still the ratso and shrimpos are working. Around Lincoln the  glow blue is hot hot hot, i also like the glo chartreuse, and glo pink, (crappies like these perhaps better than gills). When i am getting short bites on fatboys and maggies, I have switched to the plastics and the fish just hang on. The #8 may select for better gills, the #10 catches em all. I have noticed that the #8 plastic works equally well on the #10 rasto and shrimpo, allowing me to save on replacement plastics.
I have a ice jig addiction. I have dozens of styles and types of jigs, and I nearly always tie on a demon/plastic, rasto/shrimpo, marmooska or fatboy.

luck
Frank

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2010, 05:55 PM »
 My favorite is the #10 Demon. Glo/Orange Best jig I've found for crappies at nite!  ;D
TEAM  PA.

Offline getn jiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Been using CJ&S for 30 years great products! The finish stays on, I tried the Slenderspoon for the first time last seasson, now my Pimples are in the box and
Slenderspoons are on my rods! ;D
45/70 Govt./ The only Govt. to be trusted.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:38 AM »
YES,the Slender spoons have some wild action,I used the smallest ones they make and had the most aggressive hits on it.Huge bull just smack it so hard,I can't believe it,and slab crappie inhaled the whole spoon,I think this was due to it's very light weight and crazy action.

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 22, 2010, 01:55 PM »
How are you guys tying on the Slender Spoons? Directly to the lure, using a split ring, or swivel??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.