Author Topic: Trip #2  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Jigging Nomad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigging Nomad
Trip #2
« on: Dec 24, 2009, 07:46 PM »
After being sick for several days, I needed to get out and get some fresh air.  What better way than to spend an hour or two on the ice?

I arrived at pond #1 and found plenty of safe ice, probably 5" to 6".  I also discovered that I had forgotten my Vexilar.  Major bummer!  I had never ice fished this place before and decided to head over to pond #2, the same place I fished last Saturday.  Got there about 3:00 and set up about 50 yards from the launch in about 6' of warter.  Drilled 3 holes and figured I'd fish 6" to a foot off the bottom with a diamond eye jig tipped with a wax worm.  I immediately caught a small bluegill and the only other guy on the pond jigged up a 2 lb. bass.
I continued to jig these same three holes and he came over to chat as he was headed for the parking lot.  We wound up talking fishing for the next hour as I jigged up a total of somewhere between 25 and 30 Bluegill and Pumpkinseed.  Only 5 had any real size to them, the rest were small.  Never did this well without electronics before.

Stopped at my "other" bluegill lake on the way home and was pleasantly surprised to find safe ice.  :)  I'll do my best to get out there this weekend, thats where the beasts live.  ;D ... and I'll be sure to bring the Vex.   
Looking for JUMBO Perch, Crappie, and Bluegill

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Trip #2
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Heavy into the perch here but no gills on my 1st trip... I forgot my sonar too  ;D
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.