Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

ATV Tire Chains

(1/8) > >>

KingFisher1:
   I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of the tire chains on the rear tires slapping against the fenders over 15 miles an hour. I just bought my dad's old atv(2003 Honda Foreman 450 4x4) and he always had this problem. He said that he let half the air out of the tires to install the chains nice and tight, but this didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bailbuster:
Do you have spreaders on them, I have a set on my polaris they do not hit at all.BB

KingFisher1:
My dad kept his chains for his new atv, I have to get my own, but I don't want to get the ones like he has if they are gonna slap.

fish_boy:
I've used bungee cords on the outside part of the chains to pull them tighter before. It worked really well.  Tried a turn buckle to tighten thm up this year but I still perfer the bungee cords.

Pete379:
I use bungee cords as well, they work the best, just be sure to get the chains as tight as you can before you put the bungees on and you wont have any trouble. Always make sure when you first put the chains on run it a little and re tighten them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version