Author Topic: Looking for a quiet bucket aerator  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Spirithelper

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for a quiet bucket aerator
« on: Feb 01, 2024, 07:59 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has a battery powered aerator pump that is as quiet as the cheap little electric one I have. The Engel that came with my bait cooler gets annoying to listen to all day. I've had a couple others which are equally loud. Has anyone tried the $50 lithium ones? How about the Rapala aerator that shares a battery with their fillet knife?
I tried to search but didn't find anything. Kind of new to using the site.  Thanks!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Looking for a quiet bucket aerator
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2024, 08:17 PM »
The Engel LI rechargeable is quiet, but is $50.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2024, 08:24 PM »
This is my 3rd season with this one, still going strong and only $20. Clips right on the Engel bait cooler, has high/low settings, usb-c rechargeable and 10 second on/off feature that doubles the battery life. Gets plenty of run time on a charge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B098QT1594?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2024, 10:34 PM »
The Engel LI rechargeable is quiet, but is $50.

I second this. I bought an Engel 7.5 and quickly replaced the included aerator with the Engel lithium. At one point in my day, I had to make sure it was even working because I couldn’t hear it. It was working. And working well. It also lasts a long time. I get at least 24 hours on low with one charge. And that’s with leaving it my car in freezing temperatures.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2024, 07:23 AM »
X2 on CBguys. The  rechargeable  cheapies work great and silent. The battery Engle one drove me nuts too.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2024, 07:30 AM »
I second this. I bought an Engel 7.5 and quickly replaced the included aerator with the Engel lithium. At one point in my day, I had to make sure it was even working because I couldn’t hear it. It was working. And working well. It also lasts a long time. I get at least 24 hours on low with one charge. And that’s with leaving it my car in freezing temperatures.

Which is absolute terrible for the batteries I keep all electronics inside over night have had issues with things working the next morning
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Finnt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2024, 09:36 AM »
Just buy a back up aerator for fish tanks they will run for days and will run and charge from usb charger

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2024, 09:41 AM »
X2 on CBguys. The  rechargeable  cheapies work great and silent. The battery Engle one drove me nuts too.

X3 - I have two of them. Replaced both on my 7.5 and 19 qt Engels

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2024, 12:03 PM »
Engel lithium- Its the way to go. So quiet you can't hear it running and you recharge it and lasts for days!!!
Marvin

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2024, 12:06 PM »
We have had the bubbler quit on occasion. I had a fairly big can with a handle. It was quite easy to dip up fresh water every now and then---better than listening to that infernal noise.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2024, 12:44 PM »
I have the Engel rechargable, works great but you only need it to and from pond/lake. Once you get there just change out half the water in bait bucket and you  are good to go.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2024, 01:01 PM »
Which is absolute terrible for the batteries I keep all electronics inside over night have had issues with things working the next morning

I’ve ran lithium’s in everything I possibly can for the last decade. I run them hard. My 12ah Milwaukee Fuel just bit the dust after 6 years of year round service including spinning an 8” steel Lazer bit. I don’t baby my electronics. I have no doubt that the Engel lithium will perform equally as well as all of my other lithium gear.

My SLA batteries for my flashers also lived the last 2 winters in a storage unit. Went to charge them this season and they were still full. Going on 6 years with them. Maybe I’m lucky but I don’t ask questions. I just use my gear.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline homemadespud

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2024, 02:01 PM »
Engle lithium

Offline Nitz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2024, 03:15 PM »
This is my second season running the Engel Li-ion unit.  It is very quiet and performs well.

Engel's web page for this unit has a video which compares sound pressure level of this unit against others.  I recommend checking it out.

Engel Lithium-ion Rechargeable Live Bait Aerator Pump
SKU: ENG-AP3-T

Offline Mein4877

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2024, 02:28 PM »
I have the Clam Lithium one and I really like it. Pretty quiet too.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2024, 03:54 PM »
You guys are right, your $50 Engle is just as quiet as my $12 online unit. Keep buying them.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #16 on: Feb 09, 2024, 12:20 PM »
That was helpful. What model did you buy for $12 and where it can be found. ;)

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 10, 2024, 06:15 AM »
Sorry Dawg, I bought the $16 dollar one. Two years on it so far. Up to $19.99 this year it looks like. I see the Engle is on sale now for $49.99.

Offline swirusek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2024, 06:39 AM »
Less then $4
Very quiet and uses very little power. You can run it from any power bank or if you have adapter for dewalt battery you can run it straight from it.
Best thing about it is , you dont even need battery to run it because it works when i connect it to my little solar panel which i paid less then $6 for.
Or you can connect solar to the power bank and power bank to the pump. This way your power bank is charging even when in use.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2024, 11:58 AM »
Sorry Dawg, I bought the $16 dollar one. Two years on it so far. Up to $19.99 this year it looks like. I see the Engle is on sale now for $49.99.

That looks like that would work. I got on Amazon and found a lot of rechargeable pumps available. If my noisy pump bothers me, I can turn my hearing aids volume down.  ;D

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 10, 2024, 12:08 PM »
That looks like that would work. I got on Amazon and found a lot of rechargeable pumps available. If my noisy pump bothers me, I can turn my hearing aids volume down.  ;D

Just becareful, I bought 2 of those cheap China ones off Amazon last year, got 2 outings on each and now they wont take a charge...PURE JUNK, Have my Engel and NEVER a problem...I always remember what my Dad always taught me...but it ONCE, if it looks to good to be true it usually is. You always get what you pay for.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 10, 2024, 01:49 PM »
Or maybe you just got some junk ones, totally possible with the Engels too. I'm going on 3 seasons with mine and it hasn't let me down.

You're dad should've taught you its OK to save money once in a while.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 10, 2024, 03:04 PM »
You think Engle has modern brand new building somewhere that makes their own pumps? These are all aquarium pumps that have been around a long time.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 10, 2024, 04:48 PM »
Less then $4
Very quiet and uses very little power. You can run it from any power bank or if you have adapter for dewalt battery you can run it straight from it.
Best thing about it is , you dont even need battery to run it because it works when i connect it to my little solar panel which i paid less then $6 for.
Or you can connect solar to the power bank and power bank to the pump. This way your power bank is charging even when in use.

(Image removed from quote.)

any details e.g. link on that pupm? thx
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 10, 2024, 05:56 PM »
Or maybe you just got some junk ones, totally possible with the Engels too. I'm going on 3 seasons with mine and it hasn't let me down.

You're dad should've taught you its OK to save money once in a while.

Buy one for $50 or replace the 19.99 5 x ...your choice. You will only save money in the short run.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2024, 01:13 PM »
I have had an "Oxygenator" for about 20 years and it still works well. It is sized for a bait bucket. It converts water to oxygen and hydrogen. The oxygen is absorbed back into the water and the hydrogen bubbles go to the surface and the hydrogen escapes. It runs on 4 AA batteries and I have never had to replace the batteries in any season on the ice. It is also silent. They only make the large size for livewells now so the small one is no longer available. Too bad, since it does a great job. The down side was that the cost was $50 20 years ago. The upside is that it has cost me $2.25 per year plus batteries to own it.

Offline Brozy21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2024, 03:21 PM »
I've had good luck with the Norsk aerator. It does need a USB, but I have a power bank. It's very quiet and i believe is waterproof. I saw it on an In Depth Outdoors episode.

https://norsklithium.com/product/usb-bait-aerator/

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 11, 2024, 07:29 PM »
Picked up one of the cheap ones. Seems to be decently made and has more or less ran three days straight minus a break for charging yesterday.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #28 on: Feb 24, 2024, 02:50 PM »
I live in a fairly small town and I prefer to buy locally. I looked for a rechargeable aerator in my local stores and found nothing until I got to Runnings. They had one rechargeable Engel pump, so I bought it. I really like the idea of no rotating gears, cams, shafts, or other things to jam or wear out. I don't know if anyone else makes an aerator with electromagnetic pumps, but I think I will like the Engel. My son is always buying things from Amazon and sending some of them back. I prefer not to deal with such things. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #29 on: Mar 04, 2024, 09:16 AM »
Less then $4

I have same pump I have used 4 times this season. Very quiet and I like that I can plug in if I am camping on the ice, or run on a battery bank via USB. I just plug into my 110V truck outlet while I am driving and then just use battery bank or plug into my inverter.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.