Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Sled Pulling Harness

(1/4) > >>

MumbleSEED:
Just started using the deer drag method and the single shoulder just ain’t cutting it.

I’ve been looking at all the different types of harnesses clam, Eagle claw, shappell, Amazon. etc.

I’m looking for hands on use.  I go about 250 and need it to fit over my outer gear at least 55-60 inches.  I am only seeing the clam with that size range. 

Any input including quality or size would be appreciated.

Ronnie D:
I used to use the same safety harness that i wore in my treestand.
Spreads the weight out over the upper body & way more comfortable than a rope or waist drag

esox_xtm:
Here's the easiest, cheapest, best harness for sled pulling. Get about 12 feet or so of 2 inch wide nylon strap. A piece from an old boat winch works well and may be your favorite price. Double over and secure the two ends and put a snap hook/carabiner on it. Clip the hook to your sled, step inside the loop, bring the end up over your head leaving your arms outside. Instant harness! You will benefit from adding a small strap or rope that secures the two sides together and comes across your chest area. This takes the pressure off your neck/shoulders and puts it lower where your power is.

Here's what it looks like:

Close up of the quick n dirty connection end. It's been just like this for at least a dozen years...

Putting it on, Step One.

All hooked up!

This is easy in, easy out. Also give the option for two people to pull by hand (helpful when going up steep embankments). Or can loop/tie to a 4 wheeler or sled. Plus it's a dedicated item. I never have to look for a deer drag/tree stand harness because I left it on the sled.

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: Snitch#8 on Dec 31, 2022, 11:04 AM ---I use my deer hunting, tree stand harness!  Works perfectly!

--- End quote ---

Yup.

grababrewski:
https://www.shoptackleshack.com/shappell-shelter-and-sled-pulling-harness.html  Use code : SHANTY

I just bought one, haven't been able to try it out but it looks like it should work well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version