Rhode Island > Ice Fishing Rhode Island

Another Bowdish skunk...

(1/1)

RIMainuh:
Well another foray out this a.m. 10-11  inches of ice. Looked for the elusive "Slot" my neighbor spoke of ... no luck hit about 6 ft. max where he said the area was. Hand augered about 15 holes got to about 6 ft. on a couple. went further up to the main part of the lake cut another 2 holes and those tested out at about 7 ft. (not too weedy.) To be fair to this old lake, I really have not give it a full on the ice day and I've fished a lot during the day. To be fair I need to get out early a.m. in some 7 ft water and hit a full day of fishing. Like I've said before all the fish don't go to Boca for the winter. They are here somewhere. I just need to find them. I have great luck early a.m. on this lake in the summer, maybe the same for the winter. oh well another day another bucket of shiners.

Ballbag:
I feel your pain….did another couple hours at Lincoln Woods this am…not even a flag with crazy shiners. Conditions were great just no luck so far at my stomping grounds. Heading for the derby this weekend hope my luck changes there! Tight lines  ;)

comeonnow:
Good effort getting out there and finding the spot. They're in there somewhere and I'm sure you'll find them.  The rain drove me off the ice at 11:30.  Nice morning to be on the ice.  Tight lines,

Ballbag:
Need another good freeze after this weather keep the ice around for a few more weeks

RIMainuh:
Thanks for the support fellas. I may head up to the derby this weekend as well. I have about another 1/2 dozen leftover shiners to drown so tomorrow morning I'm going to give it another run up the lake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version