Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > General Tips

Flip over and ATV transport

<< < (2/4) > >>

dsupercat:

--- Quote from: Junkie4Ice on Dec 02, 2020, 02:29 PM ---I think my flip might be too long to haul like that, but that's a sweet set up. I assume that's custom made?

--- End quote ---

correct.

bart:
This may give you ideas?   https://icefishingtoday.com/tricking-out-sleds-and-atvs/

badger132:

--- Quote from: Junkie4Ice on Dec 02, 2020, 09:24 AM ---I bought the Otter XT hideout this year, which is large for a 1 man but I was/am hoping small enough to transport in the back of my truck with an ATV to avoid pulling a trailer. Does anyone else do this? It wont fit behind my ATV so I'm wondering if anyone has any DIY mods for transporting on top of the ATV or similar. I see they make a box extender that attaches to the hitch which might work as well.

--- End quote ---

The only solution I can see is to make a sled deck that goes in the bed with a space underneath tall enough for your flip over. It would have to support the weight of the 4 wheeler, so make the deck stout!

I also considered a ladder rack, and putting the sled on top, but that is pretty high up for loading, and I am not sure there is enough space underneath for the 4 wheeler.

gspman:
same here .. what to do

JonPerry:
You could possibly load the wheeler in the back of the truck, then set your portable on it up to the handlebars. the run a ratchet strap or 2 across to hold it in place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version