Canada > Ice Fishing Quebec

Lac Saint-Jean

(1/2) > >>

TogueSnatcher:
Hello everyone!

I'll be coming up to fish and ski next week and have been looking at Lac Saint-Jean as an option for fishing for walleye and sauger as it appears to be open to fishing until march 31st. I was wondering what the conditions are like currently, i.e. ice thickness and snow/slush conditions. I've never ice fished in Quebec on my own and have had difficulties navigating the province's website, if I'm mistaken please let me know! I'm not looking for your honey holes or anything like that, just some helpful tips so I don't accidentally break a law or put myself into a dangerous situation.

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

David Vadnais:

--- Quote from: TogueSnatcher on Mar 14, 2019, 11:54 AM ---Hello everyone!

I'll be coming up to fish and ski next week and have been looking at Lac Saint-Jean as an option for fishing for walleye and sauger as it appears to be open to fishing until march 31st. I was wondering what the conditions are like currently, i.e. ice thickness and snow/slush conditions. I've never ice fished in Quebec on my own and have had difficulties navigating the province's website, if I'm mistaken please let me know! I'm not looking for your honey holes or anything like that, just some helpful tips so I don't accidentally break a law or put myself into a dangerous situation.

--- End quote ---

Hi TogueSnatcher,

Yesss write to Charles Dufour the greatest charter for walleye on Lake St-Jean. Said my name David Vadnais.
This is a good guy 👍🏻
You will be very happy.

David

David Vadnais:

--- End quote ---

The link

https://pecheblanche.net/

David Vadnais:

--- End quote ---

About 40" of de ice 👍🏻😉

David Vadnais:

--- End quote ---

I wrote an article on Lac St-Jean ice fishing walleye in Sentier Chasse-Pêche magazine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version