Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > General Tips

4wheelerflotation

(1/2) > >>

gillingaryb:
i would like to know about floatation devices for 4 wheelers on madison lakes in wisconsin.ANY INFO IS HELPFULL.

gillingary:
:o8);D  i found info for 4wheeler flotation devices at www.danesheriff.com .specs,times for inspections etc... hope this helps someone else.
good luck fishin!

PETE:
don't know if this will help , but when I go on iffy ice with my wheeler , a 200 trx honda , I  inflate the tires to 30 to 35 lbs of air presure so that if the machine goes thru the ice it will float if you slide most of your weight off the seat. I haven't gone through the ice on my machine yet , but I know it will float from riding across deep water in the warm season.

Barleydog:
Gary,
Pete is dead on!  Inflate your tires as far as they will go without breaking the bead.  I have actually "floated" my old Yamaha across a short section of slow river while in a pair of waders.  Remember to balance yourself carefully though, usually to the rear leaning over your handle bars.  You can feel pretty safe if you get to shore that your quad will float, (unless you have it loaded down like a barge!)  :'(

MNwalleyeGUY:
Well from my experience just inflate those tires to the max and don't overload.
oh yah don't forget to center your load

good luck  be careful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version