Author Topic: Ridgid Hammer drill deal for turning your auger  (Read 2039 times)

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ridgid Hammer drill deal for turning your auger
« on: Jan 28, 2016, 04:26 PM »
If you are considering converting your hand auger to a drill powered one, you need to get a good 1/2 inch hammer drill with the biggest battery you can get. The hammer drill function is not used, but the general consensus is that the hammer drills are more heavy duty than standard drills, and will take the high torque of turning the Ice auger better. Some folks also like the Ridgid brand, because if you register, you get a lifetime warranty on the drill and the battery.

Home depot has a good price on the Ridgid Gen5X brushless hammer drill and circular saw kit. The 700 in- lb drill alone full price is $179 with (2) 2AH batteries, but if you can find the R9206 kit (I had to ask in store) you get the drill, a 2AH AND 4AH battery, plus the cordless circular saw, which might be useful for filleting the big ones! ;-)

This kit is not being shipped any longer, but my store had six of them, and folks all over have been getting them according to Slickdeals.net. I paid $129

Offline Speeddmn

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ridgid Hammer drill deal for turning your auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2016, 10:09 AM »
Good deal anyways, also can use the saw to cut the ice if it gets to thick! I know Lowes sells the same brand also, not sue if the deal works with them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.