Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > General Tips

Taking your kids fishing?

<< < (6/6)

eyeflyer:
Started taking my kids fishing about 35 years ago now, never had all the toys back then but still had lots of fun. The one thing I will say is buy your kids decent fishing gear. I have seen parents pay 80 bucks for a video game and when it comes to fishing gear they will spend 19.95 on a junk combo. Also pick up some venom floats and tie all your kids lines up with a slip float...........they will always have the lure at the right depth, and the presentation works really well summer or winter. Spend as much time as you can with your kids, mine are all grown now, we still fish together buy not near as often as when they were young. These fishing memories will be some of the best you will ever have in your life.

Doubles Shooter:
Bring an old post back to life. My two grandkids are wanting to go fishing with Papa. Next week is open with no school so they are fighting over who goes first. I have a two man flip over so it's one at a time. My 11 year old granddaughter won the toss. I'll have plenty of hot chocolate and snacks for her. Warm clothes and plenty of hand warmers and the shanty is heated. I also hope to have the permit for me to use my golf cart as a disabled person so trips to the bathroom will be handled. The big thing will be finding fish so she isn't bored and wants to go home early because we only have one vehicle and it will mean packing up and leaving. Mom and dad both work. My 7 year old wild man of a grandson loves the snow and cold and fishing so he shouldn't be a problem. I'm looking forward to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version