Author Topic: Being Prepared  (Read 523 times)

Offline knot2crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
Being Prepared
« on: Feb 06, 2011, 07:47 AM »
 Be prepared if you get stuck ! It seems that the "State" has cut back on plowing parking areas. I got stuck yesterday and I have 4 wheel drive with new tires ! What looked to be an easy place to park turned into a minor headache. Due to the lack of plowing and the layers of storms what looked like a seemingly flat place to park was not. My front tire broke thru the crusted layer and tilted my truck enough and with all the ice underneath, I couldn`t even get the truck to rock back and forth. My fishing buddy that I was meeting showed up and he had a shovel and a bag of sand. His plastic snow shovel was no match for the frozen snow to clear behind my wheel. My brain kicked in so I took out my gas auger and started drilling the frozen snow and loosening it up enough for the shovel. Although it was working well, it could have taken some time to get myself free. Thankfully I carry a 20 ft. tow stap for anyone else that I may be able to help. Along came another fisherman with a Big 4 Wheeler and he offered to drag me out. After he got me out my friend and I were debating the poor parking and considering leaving. Along comes another fisherman, who happens to know the Young guy that pulled me out and he has a plow on his truck and starts cleaning a small spot to park his truck. Meanwhile the young guy goes to park his 4 wheeler in what appeared to be an easy parking area and his truck sank and he got stuck. Back out came the tow strap ! His friend had to pull him out. They stayed we chose to leave. Thanks for the help guys hope you did well. Since these guys helped me out I do not want to reveal one of their fishing spots by telling where this happened !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.