Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Inventions

<< < (142/143) > >>

slipperybob:
I've been fishing a soup can or beverage can since I was a wee little boy.  Used to toss that with a bobber and sinker for pan fishing at the local park.

I even did the stick with the eye screws on the ends to ice fish as that was more like better than hand jigging and the line wrapping around the can was more efficient.

I have no plans to go back to using rusty cans.  LOL.

A man called horse:
Not an invention, just my typical repurposing. Need a holder for Power bait, Gulp, etc. Chop off 2” from any partial or empty caulk tube. Won’t affect a partial tube, will still function in a caulk gun. Screw it to a convenient base. Perfect diameter.

river_scum:
this came out of a thread about tip ups.  it got me rethinking my rigger release for huge baits on tip ups.  the simple bent wire is what i came up with.  its electric fencewire if that matters?  fairly stiff stuff.  take just a few min. to make and install yourself!  after a couple of other designs i ended with this one.  tested it with large gills and a 10" bass for bait.  no false flags at all.  there is another unexpected added bonus to this rig.  it seemed to set the hook rite in the lip(using trebles hook) on every fish caught!!!!!!  havent decided if this is good or bad. i also havent played with hook placement in the baits or quick strike rigging.  make one and test it for yourself.

the bit bait holder,

a short vid also here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbryf7wK-8w

the square nut has nothing to do with the rig.  it was just a replacement laying around.  bend wire loop and put under original spool nut.

rayzhu:
First time posting here, so forgive me if this is something inappropriate.

I'd like to share with you our invention: An auto-jigging device allows you to record your presentation by turning a dial to move the rod up and down, fast or slow - the way you wanted, and then replay it for as long as you want. 

It has caught fish in open water, but we never tried ice fishing. Do you think it will work for ice-fishing?

vanhln:

--- Quote from: rayzhu on Sep 22, 2021, 08:55 AM ---First time posting here, so forgive me if this is something inappropriate.

I'd like to share with you our invention: An auto-jigging device allows you to record your presentation by turning a dial to move the rod up and down, fast or slow - the way you wanted, and then replay it for as long as you want. 

It has caught fish in open water, but we never tried ice fishing. Do you think it will work for ice-fishing?

--- End quote ---

If you are trying to sell your products to us all, you have to become a sponsor of the site or become a Militia member....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version