Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Inventions

<< < (3/143) > >>

reelcharacter:
I started some "your favorite home made fishin gadget" threads here last year. You guys have some great info that I will be reading for the next couple of days here!

Thanks,
-Reelcharacter

P Gottshall:
Reel,

Could you point me to your old thread?

Thx,
Paul

reelcharacter:
Paul,

You got the best of the ones I recall from last year here at the beginning of the topic you set up.

I received a message from Scott today that the archived previous posts and topics will be back up and running sometime soon. (I tried to access them this morning and could not get them to open). I will do some looking around then and see what I can find. As I recall, we can thank RGFIXIT for the best gadgets.

Nice job accumulating all the invention and homemade gadget info!!! (Do you actually find some time to fish, what with all those nice drawings . . .)  ;)

-Reelcharacter

reelcharacter:
I posted this invention inquiry somewhere in the Tip Up section, where it likely will be "lost" forever from sight. Please post any information or experience you have with homemade pager set ups. I have pasted my earlier inquiry below:

I have been searching the board before posting this as a new topic, and finally, here it is.

I wondered if anyone had tried to make their own set of Tip Up alarms and pocket pager. I figured with pagers going the way of the Edsel and 45 albums, (with the popularity and new technology of cell phones), that reclaimed pagers could be easy to obtain. Thought Radio Shack might have the other gizmos for attaching to the Tip Ups. Did not know where to begin in selecting the Tip Up parts needed and then there is the frequency thing between the Tip Up unit and the Pager.

Figured with my luck and technological "ability" I would end up with a unit tha worked fine, but went off every time someone hit their garage door opener or hit the automatic starter on their cars.

So, can you try to help me out with some ideas or instructions???   

Thanks,
-Reelcharacter

eman:
How about tip-ups that shoot off bottle rockets when a fish strikes.  Buya

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version