Author Topic: Fishtailing on Lake Dauphin  (Read 3700 times)

grumpymoe

Fishtailing on Lake Dauphin
« on: Dec 19, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Start out this morning and decide to visit Rockbottom before hitting the lake...drive through the park watching for wildlife....heck even they weren't out in the driving snow.....pick up a few goodies; check out a dandy shack that's just about finished, and head over to the shanty....less than a handfull on the lake when we arrive.....Mountainmam a gets a late breakfast going....this is going to bring fish for sure.......NOT....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 boy it hits the spot...sit around twiddling and jigging...finally a huge burbot..looked bigger than yesterdays.....and poooooof.....off a the hole...fish for another couple hours and decide to pack it up....must of heard me...Mountainmama brings in a small eater northern...                                                                                                                                                                                                        followed a few minutes later by mine...nothing to brag about either...                                                                                                                                                                                                            pack up early and get stuck just a few feet from the shanty....darn snow!!! just enough that you can't get any momentum going....help arrives and we move to an open spot......heavy....hea vy....heavy....fishtai l all the way back to shore....let up for a second, and you could feel the shovel beckoning from the box....if anyone heads up that way.....make sure you are equipped with enough to get you out....slick ice under lots of snow....anyway...thing s hopefully will improve over the holidays...tightlines all....Grump and Mountainmama :whistle: :whistle:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Fishtailing on Lake Dauphin
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2004, 08:58 PM »
Hey grump and MM that bacon is making my mouth water[/img]

man I bet after getting stuck you were having a few of these eh
[/img]
Well I tell you the bite has to start sooner or later. Just give it time. The walleye are out christmas shopping I guess. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2004, 09:22 PM »
a woodstove, a big mouth billy bass all santa'd up and a killer IS hoodie 8).  what more could ya ask for? :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2004, 10:50 PM »
2 pike would be a very good day of piking for me fishing my pike lakes. Good catch for sure, and an even better shanty!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2004, 02:37 AM »
looks like fun moe and mt mama fryin the bacon ..mmmmmmmmmm i can almost smell it!!we are getting snow here in maine right now!!hope i get my shack out before we get too much!!great pics keep em coming!

camo_fish

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2004, 02:43 PM »
awesome pictures grump, your pictures are alway delitfull, that is a great home away from home (biggreenshack) you got there.  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2004, 02:50 PM »
Thanks everyone...boy do I feel like a big dummy today.. had 4wd engaged on the lake, but just couldnt get going very well....I could hear that the transfer case was engaged, but duh!!!! the FRONT WHEELS weren't  spinning....guess it helps if the actuator for the front axle is operational....had one of the guys check it out after going for a spin this morning. Seems much better now!!!! :unsure: :unsure: Grump

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2004, 03:08 PM »
Grump, sweet looking shanty you have there. I am jealous.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2004, 05:40 PM »
grump it had to be a chevy eh ::) ::) ::) Cider I am like an old hunting dog looking for scraps buddy. ;D ;D ;D

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2004, 07:37 PM »
grump it had to be a chevy eh ::) ::) ::) Cider I am like an old hunting dog looking for scraps buddy. ;D ;D ;D
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2004, 07:40 PM »
Handy working at a dealership, isn't it sometimes?  ;D

Now just deciding on timing, but it looks like my green machine is going to be replaced with a 3/4 ton quad cab 4wd.  I don't know what it is...got by with 2wd of my father's and my own many years in SK...Manitoba snow must be different somehow...I'm getting tired of getting stuck and we need a bit more room in the back for the varmints.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

grumpymoe

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2004, 07:42 PM »
Stone Cold....dinner scraps are sitting outside behind the Chevy....you know exactly where....night light is turned off....dont knock please...catch you later in the week....your food buddies....Grump and Mountainmama....p.s... hope Sasha doesnt get loose tonight.... :whistle:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2004, 07:44 PM »
That a boy thriller. I thought maybe you needed more room for all the fish your going to catch.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2004, 07:45 PM »
to good grump to gooooooooooooooood :clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2004, 07:46 PM »
...Grump and Mountainmama....p.s... hope Sasha doesnt get loose tonight.... :whistle:
;)2 :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.