The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Format Doomed  (Read 3409 times)

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Format Doomed
« Reply #30 on: Feb 28, 2017, 10:26 PM »
if you have the location turned off in your camera settings on a cell phone, can someone still get the location where the photo was taken? Often wondered that?
no, they cant, not on this forum. If they have your phone in hand, they probably can get some data. I just checked a photo saved on imgur and photobucket and couldnt see any data.
If you dont turn off geotagging on your photos and share them somewhere people can see that info, expect company.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2017, 11:25 PM »
if you have the location turned off in your camera settings on a cell phone, can someone still get the location where the photo was taken? Often wondered that?

No.  Not unless you have a degree in computer forensics.  I joked about Metadata rather than saying "turn off your location" and a couple of guys got a hair across their arse about it and never let go. 

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #32 on: Feb 28, 2017, 11:53 PM »
Not sure, but I think so. However not going through the extra effort of turning off the location every time I take a picture. I'll just share with my friends.
I don't have to do it with every picture I take. Its always off until I turn it on.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 01, 2017, 07:12 AM »
this is a great site. has helped me as well as many others with issues that we were having. For me, my biggest latest thing was my bait tank. Last year, I lost all of them before I even made it out onto the ice. this year, I still have some left, although, I still lost quite a few. will try to fine tune for next year. I received constructive help from all over the country. True, there are those who seem to like to push buttons. constructive criticism is one thing, but meanness is what kills a site. I was on one site and this happened consistently. now, i post very little there. 

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 01, 2017, 07:45 AM »
I may ruffle some feathers here, but it is not intentional.

If there is less participation it may be the forum is a victim of its own success. Why sign up and post if the response you get is "we talked this to death five years ago why didn't you search first?" That is going to turn off some who had the initiative to sign up and post. I am sure every question I have had been asked and answered and I could spend weeks (literally) reading responses, but that does not build any friendship with other members or loyalty to the forum.

Maybe that is where our new members are, reading their responses for fear of reprisal rather than becoming engaged participants.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 01, 2017, 07:58 AM »
I never have any luck when I try searching for a topic, even though I know that it has been discussed. If I read something that I want to refer to, ie smitty sled, sled mods, I save the thread to my favorites.

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:40 AM »
I never have any luck when I try searching for a topic, even though I know that it has been discussed. If I read something that I want to refer to, ie smitty sled, sled mods, I save the thread to my favorites.

That is because, if I'm not mistaken, the comprehensive search tool has been eliminated.   Unoman is this true?    That search feature was the bomb!!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #37 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:48 AM »
True

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.