Author Topic: Heading out soon brrrrr  (Read 1695 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Heading out soon brrrrr
« on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:02 AM »
Anyone getting out again? Always curious how well fishing is on these cold cold days. Blue skies. Had more action than expected yesterday.  Hopefully we find something today. Looking forward to report back later on. Stay warm
Salmonemia

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Heading out soon brrrrr
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Just went out and started the car, coffee brewing now. Gonna be a cold one, would rather not see the clear skies but still gonna try and fill cooler with Crappie. Good luck out there... Brrrrrrr
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:24 AM »
Yup. Out on the Bay already. At least not much wind today.
Good luck today Wayne, and everyone else venturing out.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:44 AM »
We took it on the chin yesterday..with the conditions and 12 trucks plowing the race tracks on lees pond it wasn’t good..Atleast we were out of the wind..spent the night hauling out my buddies shack onto 19 mile..good luck out there
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:49 AM »
Good luck Wane..hope you brought your tip ups inside last night and dried the spools. .my bait cooler is still frozen shut from yesterday'.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Good luck with your new tip ups today,  hopefully it shouldn’t be as bad today as the last two days with the wind
It wasn’t a productive weekend for me I have to say I’ve never had any luck on windy days
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Good luck with your new tip ups today,  hopefully it shouldn’t be as bad today as the last two days with the wind
It wasn’t a productive weekend for me I have to say I’ve never had any luck on windy days
.. I was telling  Wane yesterday, that whenever I've had those extreme conditions I've never done well... I always use my bait as an indication..if they are active,the fish are active...what the bait sits stationary so are the predators.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:17 AM »
.. I was telling  Wane yesterday, that whenever I've had those extreme conditions I've never done well... I always use my bait as an indication..if they are active,the fish are active...what the bait sits stationary so are the predators.

Yes!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2019, 11:13 AM »
It was kinda chilly and a light breeze blowing and NO FISH...had a few flags, hit and run and 1 smallie to the hole..

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2019, 03:34 PM »
Such a nice day out there today. Not a cloud in sight
But Wow, one of the worst fishing days I've had on Winni in years. No hits, flags, nuthin for the first 7 hours. Even moved and tried to find em .
Then just one lone Bow when we decide to pack up.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2019, 03:38 PM »
I always use my bait as an indication..if they are active,the fish are active...what the bait sits stationary so are the predators.
Absolutely!

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2019, 04:10 PM »
Slower day than usual on Pemi today. Caught 16 perch/pickerel last weekend and only 2 pickerel and a crappie this morning.
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Good luck Wane..hope you brought your tip ups inside last night and dried the spools. .my bait cooler is still frozen shut from yesterday'.
Yes i did. The old rookie move would have done that for sure but I've gotten smarter. 
Salmonemia

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:06 PM »
 :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Same here very slow day on pleasant caught 1 small bow and a handful of perch. But got the daughter out of bed at 530 so that was worth it. She did catch this monster!!

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2019, 05:59 PM »
Sweet!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2019, 07:29 PM »
Fished with another friend today. Had a bunch of flags. Ice was popping like crazy. Had a few hit and runs dropped baits etc. Jigged up a few runt Yp. Deep water bows was the plan today. The shallows don't seem to work well in this lake at least not yet. We each managed a rainbow over deep water. Got 2 large pickeral in the shallows where the rainbows should have been. Nothing touched a salmon egg today. It was all shiners today. Lost a few out deep assuming they were bows but never saw. Clarity was awesome and saw some great snow covered mountains.  No wind was a huge help. Good day to be out.
Salmonemia

Offline NAnderson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Went out in Alton this afternoon to go ice fishing for the first time in way way too long. More of a "make sure that all the gear works and so do I trip." It did! Jigged up a dozen perch and 1 bow. Scouting a bit... the ice towards Watson Point was ~5-6", but much thicker closer to the launch. So good to be back on the ice! Left at sunset after a perfect day!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2019, 09:06 PM »
Nice one good job
Salmonemia

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2019, 09:20 PM »
Nice bow, and nice job getting out fellas.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:37 PM »
Fished with another friend today. Had a bunch of flags. Ice was popping like crazy. Had a few hit and runs dropped baits etc. Jigged up a few runt Yp. Deep water bows was the plan today. The shallows don't seem to work well in this lake at least not yet. We each managed a rainbow over deep water. Got 2 large pickeral in the shallows where the rainbows should have been. Nothing touched a salmon egg today. It was all shiners today. Lost a few out deep assuming they were bows but never saw. Clarity was awesome and saw some great snow covered mountains.  No wind was a huge help. Good day to be out.
I had similar day today with the bows Wayne. Baffling. Mustve drilled 40-50 holes atleast. Absolutely no action on eggs whatsoever, in a spot that ALWAYS has atleast some egg action, even if we're just catching 2 pounders. Still early season, figured they should still be cruisin the shallows, especially early morning. Nope. So we moved deep and still only managed one.
Definetly nice day to be out, glad you guys got on some. Hopefully with your new Jacks!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2019, 06:11 AM »
I had similar day today with the bows Wayne. Baffling. Mustve drilled 40-50 holes atleast. Absolutely no action on eggs whatsoever, in a spot that ALWAYS has atleast some egg action, even if we're just catching 2 pounders. Still early season, figured they should still be cruisin the shallows, especially early morning. Nope. So we moved deep and still only managed one.
Definetly nice day to be out, glad you guys got on some. Hopefully with your new Jacks!
Very high atmospheric pressure  yesterday worked it's way in with that wind on Saturday  messed up your shallow bite..it'll return when the pressure ridge moves off..you guys made the best of it, at least you didn't have to fight the wind.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2019, 06:22 AM »
Very high atmospheric pressure  yesterday worked it's way in with that wind on Saturday  messed up your shallow bite..it'll return when the pressure ridge moves off..you guys made the best of it, at least you didn't have to fight the wind.

Joe congrats I just noticed you hit 1,000 posts and you are a Maniac!  :thumbsup:

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2019, 08:23 AM »
Joe congrats I just noticed you hit 1,000 posts and you are a Maniac!  :thumbsup:
LMAO...didn't notice...that only means I'm not fishing enough.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Yeah I definitely knew the high was going to kill us going into the mmorning.Goin deep didn't help either. We just hoped for the best. Better than sitting at home.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 14, 2019, 11:47 AM »
Yeah I definitely knew the high was going to kill us going into the mmorning.Goin deep didn't help either. We just hoped for the best. Better than sitting at home.
you'll never catch them from the couch! ;D

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2019, 03:14 PM »
it's funny how things are effected and happen. Saturday it was pretty windy... and every time the wind would die down, so would the bite and there would be a dead zone in the action. Wind would pick up, and we would get bit (not wind flags).. 2 hits simultaneously on the jackers and one on a JT ... wind dies down, and bite goes away. This went on almost all day... then jigged up the random cusk at about 3:30. Could have all been coincidence, but strange for sure. Personally, I don't care if its 10 below... give me a no wind day and with all our gear we all have, we can still be comfortable one way or another. Wind just blows.. even IF it was helping the other day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.