New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Edicut for the page  (Read 4532 times)

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
Edicut for the page
« on: Feb 09, 2019, 03:37 PM »
I see that this year people are being very condescending and being real bitter towards others why I have no idea because most of us are here for the same reason. Meet new people like we are and share a little info. Now I won't give you my exact spot but will put you in the neighborhood for the fish. I will never direct anyone to a piece of ice I myself will not fish and early in the season when giving reports i tell people i will fish down to 3.5 inches. Let try to clean the site and our fishing areas up the rest of the year. Tight lines stay safe all.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Woodyvtwin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing is Life!
Re: Edicut for the page
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2019, 09:38 AM »
I see that this year people are being very condescending and being real bitter towards others why I have no idea because most of us are here for the same reason. Meet new people like we are and share a little info. Now I won't give you my exact spot but will put you in the neighborhood for the fish. I will never direct anyone to a piece of ice I myself will not fish and early in the season when giving reports i tell people i will fish down to 3.5 inches. Let try to clean the site and our fishing areas up the rest of the year. Tight lines stay safe all.
I Dubiously Agree!
Thanks BeenPerchin315, this is a very eloquent and profound statement that obviously comes from the heart.
By the pure definition of "Edicut" or etiquette (however you want to spell it), which is: The rules indicating the proper and polite way to behave!
Let's do the right thing, be helpful, and nice to one another.
Fishing is like a pizza, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good!

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Jesus walked on water...once I do it every year
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2019, 09:58 AM »
Well said but unfortunately most people can't or won't comprehend your post.This was supposed to be a site to get and give info but lately seems like a place to get someone else's opinion rammed down your throat.

Offline Woodyvtwin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing is Life!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2019, 10:30 AM »
Well said but unfortunately most people can't or won't comprehend your post.This was supposed to be a site to get and give info but lately seems like a place to get someone else's opinion rammed down your throat.
That's why I said "Dubiously"
Fishing is like a pizza, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good!

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2019, 01:45 PM »

I don’t know, the information I give is based off of my own experiences which form corresponding opinions. It’s kind of hard not to share an opinion when someone asks for one. I don’t see how anyone expects anything less than someone’s opinion. I mean, this is a forum after all. It’s sole purpose is to get others opinions so we can improve our own experiences. This is fishing, everything is an opinion and it can proven with one question: How’s the ice?......

This is also the Internet. What sounds good in your head when typing doesn’t always convey the same context when reading it. Especially in a place where nobody really knows anyone else or how they will interpret that text. For what it’s worth, aren’t you also trying to ram your opinion down our throats right now? It goes both ways. Having said that, I do try to mind my P’s and Q’s on IceShanty because it is a great community and I don’t come here for drama. That’s why I’m married.

Take it with a grain of salt and move on. We’re talking about fish here.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2019, 02:51 PM »
I'm glad all of you have at least read and thought about my post. It was MY OPINION and thought others might feel the same way. As well as by shining a little lite on this people my take a second b4 just going off if something does offend them.

By the pure definition of "Edicut" or etiquette (however you want to spell it)
Thanks for the spell check.  315er here cant spell. Lol tight lines stay safe.

[/quote]
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2019, 04:16 PM »
Not enough scarlet begonias.

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:34 PM »
Take it with a grain of salt.....topics get heated for whatever reason but it’s no different than anything else in social media. Fact of the matter is people barely talk face to face anymore. What the hell happened?

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Take it with a grain of salt.....topics get heated for whatever reason but it’s no different than anything else in social media. Fact of the matter is people barely talk face to face anymore. What the hell happened?
X2
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

JJ

« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:39 PM »
Really??? Doesn't seem any worse than it ever was, actually seems pretty mild compared to the old days. So many NY threads used to get sent to Grumpy Old Men.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Yeah , this year they are deleting posted before they get out of hand. I’ve seen some guys post some stupid stuff and go to comment on it and it’s already gone. I’m not sure why some guys even post if it’s only negative. 

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Jesus walked on water...once I do it every year
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2019, 06:53 PM »
Yes Frogger I had a couple of those internet thugs pm me  too.Very amusing sometimes.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:27 PM »
Go fishing ppl there's ice lol yes I agree it's mellow on here this yr usually a quite a few good threads get locked at least once a season ;D

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:30 PM »
How many people have got a pm from hot tuna or lowaccord  ;D

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:34 PM »
How many people have got a pm from hot tuna or lowaccord  ;D

Now your just starting crap and deserved to be flushed

The better question is , how many threads have been removed that were not so epic FT

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:05 PM »

Now your just starting crap and deserved to be flushed

The better question is , how many threads have been removed that were not so epic FT

Literally only the ones you get shut down lol

Offline bdyet76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:17 PM »
The answer to everyone's question is men are we come to thing of the past there is no such thing as a man anymore

Offline bdyet76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:18 PM »
You might offend someone we can have that anymore

Offline fishpalal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2019, 10:32 PM »
OK we certainly know the world is without manners any longer and , etc..... Instead of wasting our time , so hows the fishing ? Got picks? love to see more interaction. I can go anywheres to get the other stuff. met a guy on Limekiln lake this year , only trip there so far, wow really informative and very knowledgeable about how to fish the lake , hats off to those who share info, he left with a 16" to 18" and one over 20" splake, nice fish. People have forgotten our God given values, we share and as we do we prosper, imagine that kindness is rewarded by the One who made it all.

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:25 AM »
Meh. Half of the problem is everyone wants to be spoonfed info without doing their due diligence. Guys want to know conditions, water depth you're fishing, bait used, time of day, etc without leaving their couch.
I understand when you're not local and asking about conditions, I get it. But when the info has been posted several times(often in the same thread) and the weather hasn't changed at all, it's an old and tired routine.
It's often the same offenders. And they rarely post reports of their own.
Real good Steve, we were biting this morning..we were biting this morning...

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:21 AM »
Not enough scarlet begonias.
They get confused and don't listen to the music play!

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:32 AM »
What did these youngsters do before the internet? Me I went and checked myself and if I met someone we'd swap info and tactics and fished on.
I live back in the woods you see

fordman

« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:43 AM »
 :tipup: to

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Isn’t that what this forum is for , asking questions and taking about fishing ? It literally has a conditions page. Not sure why people would be mad about someone asking for information or ice conditions .  If you don’t want to respond don’t. No ones forcing you to post on here. For some reason people get upset if you give too much information, like you gave you have up a secret. Just remember guys it’s just fish, not gold bars lol

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:13 AM »
I get that people need to put in their own footwork. I try to put in my share and I will always report my findings but sometimes there is extenuating circumstances to prevent someone from getting out. Me for instance, my wife is working nights and we have an 8 month old youngster at home so I can't just take off with him. I have to find a sitter and then try and get out if I'm lucky so I always turn to the help of this forum to find out if it is worth finding that sitter. Just my point of view on this.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:18 AM »
While I agree, it's the internet.

If you're expecting to log onto any forum/social media and expect everyone to be as kind as your grandmother, you're gonna be very sadly mistaken.

With that said, the trolling is always from the same handful of people, and it's not just this season either.

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:36 AM »
While I agree, it's the internet.

If you're expecting to log onto any forum/social media and  have expect everyone to be as kind as your grandmother, you're gonna be very sadly mistaken. Having said that it gets down to one word respect. Think about this. Did you gain your fishing knowledge by your self? Most of us were taught by the oldtimers or fellow fisherman. Why not pay it back. Frequently I see guys chew up newbies for asking questions. That normally gets me to send the newbie a pm I share everything I know if I have anything to offer. That's how I learn and continue to learn. Nothing you can do about the guys not wanting to share a particular body of water with anyone but themselves. I look back a couple of years wanting to fish Delta lake. After reading all the past posts it didn't teach me much. I follow the most common fisherman on that thread and simply asked. He gave me all the info I needed to know to be successful.  Is that what this site is all about. Step above the the negative and help a fellow fisherman.

With that said, the trolling is always from the same handful of people, and it's not just this season either.
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:27 AM »
Really??? Doesn't seem any worse than it ever was, actually seems pretty mild compared to the old days. So many NY threads used to get sent to Grumpy Old Men.

I was thinking the same thing. The Oneida thread hasn't even been locked yet.  ;D

Offline T-Rok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 11, 2019, 11:46 AM »
Just dont send me pms when I post conditions saying you dont want me posting conditions for your favorite body of water because you're afraid people will come and fish it.. and I will be happy. Post whatever you want. Comment on anything I say but please dont whine when I give factual ice conditions. Everyone should have the right to fish public fisheries. The best part of this site is the conditions page. That is why people come here. So we can all be safe and save some driving time by reading a post rather than everyone having to go to a lake and check the ice themselves.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Exactly T-Rok that's why I worded my comment the way I did. I enjoy this site. But even when you go to the conditions board and ask for conditions and don't get a reply until the next day or night and then make the trip and find conditions are good or bad it's like why did I waste my time asking..
I live back in the woods you see

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.