New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024800 times)

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #3360 on: Apr 09, 2019, 06:00 PM »
Anybody know if they're running yet at the hatchery?  That's all ways a great time to make a trip up & see those beauties

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3361 on: Apr 09, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Anybody know if they're running yet at the hatchery?  That's all ways a great time to make a trip up & see those beauties

The nets are going in tomorrow.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3362 on: Apr 09, 2019, 08:18 PM »
What you haven't seen any of Trappers pictures?....h2l
😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3363 on: Apr 10, 2019, 09:53 AM »
I’ll see you and CrappieKiller the 20th
Ok Freddie, I'll see you there on the 20th...I just got in, I'll be set up in the bar...all the spots were filled weeks ago he said...
I have to bring my own table...no biggie...See ya then.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3364 on: Apr 15, 2019, 07:39 PM »
Just stopped by at the hatchery on Sunday. Kudos to those guys and gals who work that amazing event, employees and volunteers alike.  They put in some long hours and if you were in the wet Sunday, then you know it was chilly. They do this every day all day and keep smiling the whole time.  If you've never seen the walleye run at the hatchery you have a couple days left to experience this amazing event. You get to see some real beauties as they make their annual run up the stream. Touring the hatchery never gets old for me. I love it. Get up there and give those folks a big thank you. It's because of them that we have such wonderful fishing here in NY.

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3365 on: Apr 21, 2019, 07:19 PM »

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3366 on: Apr 24, 2019, 11:37 AM »
I can't wait fishshack!

Offline Fisherman21021

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3367 on: Aug 09, 2019, 06:22 PM »
Getting an early start but wanna fish Oneida more this winter what are some good baits and colors to start with for walleye ?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3368 on: Aug 09, 2019, 06:56 PM »
  , I use raps 3,5,7 for both eyes and perch , fire tiger , white glo, black silver, blue silver black gold , gobie , for perch , spoons ,cast Master, and freedom spoons , Swedish pimples , , silvers , gold , brass
 If your ever in APPs in Cleveland they will help with lure choices and have good info
 And always have a dead stick on hand for perch
 Keep your eye on the Oneida lake thread , lots of people posting

Offline Fisherman21021

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3369 on: Aug 12, 2019, 03:06 PM »
I went to apps this past weekend and got a lot of help from them for this winter

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3370 on: Aug 12, 2019, 04:42 PM »
I went to apps this past weekend and got a lot of help from them for this winter
Best info bar none , I’ve known Rick. And Dave seems like forever

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3371 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:05 PM »
I love going to apps, one of the few throwback places that still exist. Also they are a wealth of knowledge and friendly.

Offline Fisherman21021

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3372 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:21 PM »
I’m looking now to go with someone that knows the fishing pretty well so I can be thought it I have a shanty and everything just wanna learn more about this lake.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3373 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Fisherman21021
If you can't find someone to go with the easiest thing to remember is just follow shanty town and use a rap that apps recommend. Actually I have many and continuously switch them out to find the color combo they like for that day. If you don't have a flasher/ fish finder get one. You will catch fish and if not at first you'll figure it out. Just hoping for an early and long season.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3374 on: Aug 13, 2019, 06:51 AM »
  If you don’t have fish finder 1 would help eliminating dead holes and think about getting the Nav app for your phone
 Look up (Navionics chart viewer)  and take a look
 Looking for shanty towns is a place to get you started , but you will learn more looking on your own
 Lots of activity come winter on the Oneida threads ,guys will give baits , lures , and point you in the right direction

Offline Fisherman21021

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3375 on: Aug 13, 2019, 09:19 AM »
I have a fish finder and the nav app and hopefully I’ll have a machine too

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3376 on: Aug 13, 2019, 06:59 PM »

there are a few eye spots within walking distance , sounds like your all set ,

Offline Fisherman21021

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3377 on: Aug 13, 2019, 07:26 PM »
Thank you everyone for the help I’ll report back when there is ice

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3378 on: Oct 19, 2019, 07:19 AM »
KP grabs a duster and starts dusting off this thread.....😁 couple of more bass and walleye trips, put the boat away till March, duck boat is ready for next weekend, do a little deer hunting..... then proceed to get the office ready for ice season. 😎 Man, I LOVE NY!!

Speaking of ducks....where is DEADBIRD??🤔

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3379 on: Oct 19, 2019, 07:25 AM »

Release say it’s to early only thing that needs to be done is dust some more soft water eyes 👍

Offline Randy218

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3380 on: Oct 21, 2019, 09:11 AM »
I’m looking now to go with someone that knows the fishing pretty well so I can be thought it I have a shanty and everything just wanna learn more about this lake.

I’m looking to learn the lake as well. I fish solo a lot so the lake is a little daunting. If you can’t find someone with knowledge of the lake and wanna venture out there to learn sometime shoot me a message.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #3381 on: Oct 21, 2019, 04:52 PM »
Been to this damn lake 3x skunked but hard water trips and then the only one to catch the eyes in the boat. I hate the lake but I just need more time on it. And to go there on my own I guess. Apps is really that good? I may have to check them out. Even tho honeyoye is my target this yea I can’t get that sexy body to give up her goods neither and she’s a lot closer to home.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3382 on: Oct 21, 2019, 05:05 PM »

Far as Apps goes they have all the lures & bait needed , many stop in and give catch and ice reports , plus many post on this thread

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3383 on: Oct 23, 2019, 06:02 AM »
All bodies of water will give up the goods, if, you put in the time and understand where fish feed and what they are feeding on. Is it mud bottom or a rock pile. Fish are creatures of habit. Put in the time to learn the lake. Read maps and gather what info you can from bait shops and anglers. The code can be cracked!!🎣

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3384 on: Oct 23, 2019, 06:21 AM »
 Far as lakes I’ve fished over the years Oneida eyes aren’t as hard as some lakes i have fished

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3385 on: Oct 23, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Whats up fellow ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS. These 40 and 30 degree mornings are getting me in the mood. I cant wait to get out on the hard water on that wonderful lake again this season. I can picture it now, going to apps picking up bait, taking the wheeler and flip over to my desired location, getting everything set up and firing up the buddy heater, then letting my line down the hole while watching it descend on the flasher. Ohhhhhhh I cant wait for Oneida Lake to freeze over again. Hopefully sooner than later I'll be seeing a village of flipovers and huts as I reel in perch and walleye.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3386 on: Oct 23, 2019, 06:07 PM »
All bodies of water will give up the goods, if, you put in the time and understand where fish feed and what they are feeding on. Is it mud bottom or a rock pile. Fish are creatures of habit. Put in the time to learn the lake. Read maps and gather what info you can from bait shops and anglers. The code can be cracked!!🎣
Yes you are correct. But in my case Oneida is 2.5+ hrs away from me and does not hold crappie I am to understand. My local water is 20min and I’m home by 12/1 pm with a limit of them delicious perch and the opportunity for the eyes crappie Gills and rockys. Yes there are pike there too but I can’t seem to clean them right always got bones. My new haunt is only an hr and 5 min has all of the same fish and my local but higher volume of calicos and Walters so them are my choices b4 driving 2.5+ to drive 2+mi onto the lake all while wanting to be set up 30min b4 dawn.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3387 on: Oct 24, 2019, 05:56 AM »
 Well BP315 if you have an easy bite your way , it would better for you to stay local,  save on gas and aggravation 😉

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3388 on: Oct 24, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Well BP315 if you have an easy bite your way , it would better for you to stay local,  save on gas and aggravation 😉

Well not everyone has an easy bite locally but I don’t very often have a hard time.  ;D
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3389 on: Oct 24, 2019, 10:40 PM »

Well not everyone has an easy bite locally but I don’t very often have a hard time.  ;D
  👍 like I said save gas  and time traveling
 No eyes in Oneida anyway 😊

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.