Author Topic: side imaging  (Read 650 times)

Offline jj7leaf

• IceShanty Rookie
side imaging
« on: Mar 05, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Just wondering if there are any companies offering the side imaging options on the ice sonars. 
I could see that being a huge thing especially the new 360* if they could use it down a hole.  Might not need it all the time but if you go to an unfamialar body of water or loose GPS points it would be handy to see which direction to move.

Imagine seeing a large school of perch off passing to the side of your shanty, just pick up and try to intercept on the move.

Might need a larger battery than most ice flashers but the trade off could be huge some days.

jj

Offline LithiumEverything

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: side imaging
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2012, 12:00 PM »
You need to be moving a few mph for side imaging to work. The 360 degree view has a rotating beam. I hope they put it on the 700 series so It can be more affordable and portable.

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2012, 06:37 PM »
The 360 works with all the current side imaging units according to the Humminbird website.

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2012, 07:18 PM »
I've been hoping the electronics companies offer one of these technologies for icefishing. Have looked at the sidescan units for two seasons but spinning the transducer on a pole is sure to distort the image to the point where it is almost useless. Perhaps the new 360 stuff will be better for icefishing. :tipup:

Offline Fishin_Chip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Humminbird 360 Imaging, pre-order now for only $1999.99!  Coming in August.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.