Author Topic: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!  (Read 116652 times)

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Re: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:06 PM »
wow ::) those are huge, is that a buzz bomb in the mouth of the first one

Offline Rdrash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:13 PM »
hmmmm not many people are buzz bomb savvy but no it is not..

it's the largest forage minnow you can get. with the gold pattern by far my number one for big char my 5 biggest char this year were on that same lure all pver 26 inches and the heaviest one is the one in that photo  at just a tick over 11 pounds.
It's alright I'm ok.......Is that my bike on fire?

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Right on Rdrash!  Those forager minnows are good bets!  I started using them last year and love em!  Beautiful colars on those fish by the way. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Nice colored fish for sure....great pics :thumbsup:

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 01, 2007, 09:44 PM »
I'm Bob and I live in Fairbanks, 58 years old and been fishin since I could walk.  Just found out today about this web site and thought I would give it a try.
Bob

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Re: Welcome
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Just want to welcome all you newbies out there ;D This is the greatest ice fishing site bar none. You can interact with people from allover the world and share info, tips and techniques and more. I encourage you all to really dive into the different areas and don't be afraid to post. Some of our members with the most knowledge will not always be the high posters unless the have been around this site for awhile. You need at least 5 posts to be able to view the fishing conditons and some other areas on here.

Again welcome aboard "Team Alaska" >:D share, learn and most of all have fun ;D

Brad

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:57 AM »
Tinman here, just checking in. I've been fishing Alaska waters for the past 17 years, saltwater, freshwater, and hard water. One of these days I might get some of it figured out.

I heard my fishin buddy Rdrash posted some pics from a little earlier in the year, expect more to follow. Seems he forgot to post any of my "bonafieds" (guess he's just jealous I'm leading our little char race)

We're off to Nancy lake again in the morning, it's a fun little derby that runs through the 28th of Feb. You guys should come out and give a go. You can tape the Super Bowl, besides, isn't a screaming drag washer and tight line more fun?

Offline JeepAlaska

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Howdy,
    Born and raised here in Alaska but ice fished for the first time two weeks ago.  In the past two weeks been to Knik lake 4 times, Finger lake once and Big lake once.  So far we have two 6" rainbows to show for it >:(, but we are not giving up, we love it ;D.  Ran across this site searching the net, lots of info here, great site.

JeepAlaska

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 15, 2007, 08:27 PM »
Here's one that didn't make RdRash's original post.

Hope to see some of you out at Big Lake this weekend.

Offline komocazie74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 15, 2007, 08:37 PM »
great lookin char there :o

you only live once- take time to enjoy it

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:10 AM »
I Love it when the Lakes get Iced up. I'm 31, Borne and raised in alaska, grew up in the valley and fish the area as much as I can. I have a wife and 4 kids. I was hoping for a big fish pic to post with this but I got skunked for the first time this year last weekend so attached to this is the biggest bow I've caught it was 28 inches I'm looking for the bow that breaks the 30 mark but it has eluded me so far

Offline akcarpenter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Howdy all,

Name is Paul, 35 years old and Air Force, been in Alaska for 12 years (anchorage for 10, fairbanks last 2). Just started Ice fishing the Fairbanks area this year, so far been to Birch (very slow fishing), and Chena lake (lots of fish but boy are they little buggers).  Have an Eskimo QuickflipIII, and love it.  I'll be at Birch lake most weekends as i know there is fish there just need to figure them out.  Take care and Happy fishing  ;D

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #42 on: Mar 12, 2007, 10:23 PM »
Welcome AKCARP, great to have you here. :tipup:
Bob

Offline campingfoool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Mar 27, 2007, 01:29 AM »
Hey hard water people. I'm in the Air Force and got stationed up here last June.  I really like ice fishing. Been at it for about three years now.  Made my start on the Utah lakes. Been hovering on your posts and finally decided to to chime in. Really love the outdoors.  Been trying out a lot of the Alaskan lakes this winter.  Got lots of questions for you guys. I rarely keep any - I should take more pics cause the wife doesn't always believe me.

Looking forward to your posts.

Offline campingfoool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 27, 2007, 01:41 AM »
Sorry but I forgot say I live on Elmendorf and fish around Anchorage and the Matsu valley.

Offline greyghost

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Oct 19, 2007, 01:33 AM »
Hey, my name is greg & I have to admit being originally from MN & ice fishing on mile lacs I never gave it a chance up here. Been here over 8 yrs & haven't caught anything through the ice up here.
 Well my other half really wants to catch pike & burbout this winter so hopefully I can change our luck.  I am really looking forward to the M&G so hopefully it will happen & I can learn what gear & tackle we need.

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Oct 20, 2007, 02:08 AM »
My name is Patrick and I live in Anchorage, spend almost every weekend ice fishing. Mostly local lakes like sand lake, cambpell point and mirror lake. Also fish the kepler bradley lakes, Matanuska lake and big lake. I finally got a power auger for this year and can't wait to try it out. No more drilling 3-4 holes 3-4 feet deep with a hand auger for me. My best fish ice fishing is a 28" and seven pound char from one of the stocked lakes. It was an old battle scarred fish that I just couldn't kill. It is still swimming around and maybe I will catch it bigger this year. I will be ready with my camera this year. Good luck to all!

Offline akriverrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • on step baby!!
« Reply #47 on: Nov 04, 2007, 04:03 PM »
my name is john and i live in eagle river. have done a little ice fishing in the past but plan to do alot more this year. i aquired alot of lead last year and started to pour my own jigs for saltwater but since summer is over i have switched and started to buy molds for ice fishing. i am open to suggestions as to what works for you guys, currently i have a 1 oz and 1 1/2 oz shad head, a reg roundhead , eirie jig, flat head and banana head mold. i use powder coating for the jigs and attatch skirts, grubs and so on.  so just waiting for fishable ice to get started. plan on spending most my time this year on big lake. maybe a few trips to hidden and lake louise. good luck to all and have a safe season.
summers over i finally get to do some fishin!

Offline ice junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Nov 17, 2007, 02:50 PM »
  My name is bill live in eagle river new to forum but not ice fishing. Not much of a talker but i have been reading this site for 2-3 years. Does anyone know how much ice at fire lake.

Offline iceinAK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Nov 20, 2007, 12:06 AM »
Hello forum,
My name is Nick and I live in North Pole. I am new to this site after hearing of it on the Alaska Outdoor Forum and am a avid ice fisherman. I am stationed on Ft.Wainwright and have been here since December 2000. I like to build Ice shacks and if I could I would build one for every lake. Im open for any suggestions all the time and will put my 2 cents in any time I can. thanks and I look forward to talking to you all.

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Nov 20, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Hi Everyone, I do not live in Alaska, but my father used to live in North Pole.  I really like it up there I currently live in Wyoming. But I like reading about the activies up there. We dont have any ice yet but it should start building since we have a little cold front coming thru for the next couple weeks...finally...anyw ay take care and catch some for me!!

Offline tony509th

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Nov 24, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Hello,
My name is Tony and I live in Chugiak. I am stationed at Ft Rich. I've been here since June 05 with a recent trip to the sandbox causing me to miss last winter. The year before I was introduced to ice fishing by a friend at work and became addicted. I enjoy trips to Lake Louise when I have the time. My best fish to date is a 37" laker caught in the winter of 2005. I took my 5 year old to Mirror lake on turkey day and today and had a blast catching land-locked salmon and an occasional 12-13" rainbow. Right now there is 5-6" of ice. I look forward to meeting some of you guys on the ice.

Offline The Dolly malma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Hi Brad -

Did you have that fish aged?  I would bet it was over 20 years of age.  What lure did you catch it on?  That's a tremendous Lake trout, congratulations.

-Tim

Welcome Frank AK, glad to see your not shy. Great job on the Laker, where did you catch him/her? I caught a 28lb laker last year and hope to do that good again this year. Although we will not probably take that category thanks to those hardwater nuts in BC. They have the length down there and that's what wins the tourney, while we have the girth which is what matters for most of us.

Welcome aboard and have fun, you will find a wealth of knowledge here in our area as well as IS itself.

Brad

Offline oldfsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Dec 05, 2007, 05:46 PM »
hello fellow ice fishermen,and women! my name is Steve. I recently moved here from Idaho where I love to fish. Ice fishing is great, the people are great most of the time, and it fills the time till the rivers and lakes open. I've ice fished for a long time, but I'm new to alaska and I'm trying to figure it out up here in this great state. Got a new auger and ice house for alaska and my vexlar is on it's way up, with my underwater camera. haven't got a snowmachine yet, but I'm working on it so as soon as the ice permits, I'll be out trying to catch something. This site is great, with a lot of valuable info As soon as I get out, I'll try to get a report.

Offline ice junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Dec 07, 2007, 11:56 AM »
hello fellow ice fishermen,and women! my name is Steve. I recently moved here from Idaho where I love to fish. Ice fishing is great, the people are great most of the time, and it fills the time till the rivers and lakes open. I've ice fished for a long time, but I'm new to alaska and I'm trying to figure it out up here in this great state. Got a new auger and ice house for alaska and my vexlar is on it's way up, with my underwater camera. haven't got a snowmachine yet, but I'm working on it so as soon as the ice permits, I'll be out trying to catch something. This site is great, with a lot of valuable info As soon as I get out, I'll try to get a report.
[/quote  Hay there also moved up from Idaho [Boise], and a new member to site if you need someone to show you around just say the word. the name is ice junkie or bill. I had back Surgery on 12-5 but will soon be fishing. I have already caught so nice fish this year]

Offline garnede

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:40 PM »
Hi my name is David and I live in Anchorage.  I am from Alabama and I have been in Alaska for 14 months.  I am new to ice fishing and looking to learn how to get my fishing fix on the hard water.

Offline oldfsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 12, 2007, 11:34 AM »
[/quote  Hay there also moved up from Idaho [Boise], and a new member to site if you need someone to show you around just say the word. the name is ice junkie or bill. I had back Surgery on 12-5 but will soon be fishing. I have already caught so nice fish this year]
  ice junkie, thanks for the offer I live in wasilla, most of my stuff will be here this week. thanks Steve

Offline ice junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Dec 12, 2007, 05:55 PM »
    oldflh check your personal measage

Offline ice junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Dec 12, 2007, 05:58 PM »
    oldflh check your personal measage

oldfsh :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline fozz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 16, 2007, 01:56 PM »
My name is Bob I'm 37 and lived in Alaska for 34 years. I've been an avid fisherman for most of them (in the summer).  last year showed some intrest in ice fishing. The wife playing the part of Santa went out and purchased an Eskimo Grand Caravan along with the hitch to tow behind my four wheeler. I went out shortly after and bought a gas powered auger, (father in law said I'd use a hand auger one time and throw it away GO WITH GAS) a few fishing poles, lures and very important the little buddy heater. So as I said I'm a sumer guy I know a lot about that kind of fishing not so much about the hard water. So I will be searching for all the info I can to make my fishing experience more easier and more productive.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.