The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: 10in. bit ion?  (Read 1646 times)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
10in. bit ion?
« on: Oct 22, 2014, 10:38 AM »
is there a 10in. bit ion made? someone told me there was. I'm just waiting for a reliable 10in. bat. powered auger to be made. no more gas/ carb. issues. if there is one made i may have a new z71 eskimo for sale!

Offline dairyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 10in. bit ion?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Yep------ION has a 10" bit available this year

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2014, 06:01 PM »
There you go JS, your chance to be the electric 10" guinea pig for northern maine.  I would also be curious to see how well they do, especially late Feb-March. I'd keep the z71 as a back up ;D .
It must be something in the water.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2014, 10:22 PM »
got the old mod 30 jiffy for that. ill give it some time to see how good they are before i take the plunge! ;D

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2014, 07:47 PM »
You have to buy an Ion auger PLUS buy the 10' auger for $170!!! Spendy!! :woot:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Keptafew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2014, 08:17 PM »
is there a 10in. bit ion made? someone told me there was. I'm just waiting for a reliable 10in. bat. powered auger to be made. no more gas/ carb. issues. if there is one made i may have a new z71 eskimo for sale!
I think I am gonna get one this year as well.... maybe the 10 inch auger too. Used one last year and was quite impressed with everything but the 8 inch hole that I could probably get used too.
A man should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2014, 08:32 PM »
You could get the new 42V Gator and add the new 10" NILs - be the sweetest thing on the ice; and a cutting machine as well.  :P

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:45 PM »
You could get the new 42V Gator and add the new 10" NILs - be the sweetest thing on the ice; and a cutting machine as well.  :P
yeah and id have to take out a second mortgage to afford them!

Offline mr. maloonigins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2014, 01:08 PM »
Has anyone seen where you can buy a 10" ION?  I have not.  I have only seen 8" IONs and 10" bits.  A guy should be able to buy the ION with a 10" bit, and not the 8" bit.  I don't think I'd use the 8".  I sent ION an email, asking them about this.  I'll let you guys know, when I hear anything.  I'm sure I can't be the only person who would want this.

Offline mr. maloonigins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2014, 10:17 PM »
This is the email I sent.

I've been looking to buy a new auger for a couple of years now.  I have heard great things about your ION augers.  The main thing holding me back was the size.  I would prefer a 10" hole.  So I was pretty excited when I saw that you now offer a 10" auger.  I figured I was all-in.  But after my research, it seems that I would have to buy an 8" ION, and then spend an extra $150 for a 10 inch auger.  Why do I have to buy an 8", that I will most likely never use, instead of just paying a little more for a complete 10" ION vs. a complete 8" ION?

I really want an ION, but this issue is holding me back.  Am I wrong?  Can I purchase a complete 10" ION, without having to have an 8" blade that I won't use?  If that is not an option, will it ever be an option?  If not, I may just go with propane.

This is the response I received.

the ION powerhead including a 10” bit is not available as a unit.

I replied, asking why, and he did not respond. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.