The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: mora Handle  (Read 1130 times)

Offline donho

• IceShanty Rookie
mora Handle
« on: Jan 19, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Has anyone ever tried putting a double offset handle on the mora? did it ??? make it easier to cut a hole, did you make the handle yourself or could I purchase one somewhere Thanks Donho

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: mora Handle
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2011, 10:56 AM »
Interested on how you plan to start the hole? Have to push down on moras to get them started, otherwise they just jump across the ice. You cant put pressure down on an offset, unless you want to end up flat on your face.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2011, 11:18 AM »
Interested on how you plan to start the hole? Have to push down on moras to get them started, otherwise they just jump across the ice. You cant put pressure down on an offset, unless you want to end up flat on your face.

Don't let BBK BS you. The mora augers used to come with an offset handle and they worked just fine.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2011, 03:39 PM »
Don't let BBK BS you. The mora augers used to come with an offset handle and they worked just fine.

Blades were shimmed up to a different angle on those, like lazers are now.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline donho

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2011, 03:55 PM »
I'm not an expert but my mora starts drilling without any downward pressure cuts really well but I'm not as strong as I use to be and think two hand operation would make a big difference I saw on one store website they use to carry the handle I'm looking for but it's discontinued maybe someone will read this and sell me a handle they have no use for anymore I hope Thanks donho

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2011, 04:03 PM »
Hmm.. now you got me curious. Both moras I have owned just jump around if you dont put any pressure on it at all. Maybe my blades need shimmed like the old style? Just bought one a week ago and it does the same thing, even with swedish blades.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 AM »
I'm not an expert but my mora starts drilling without any downward pressure cuts really well

Mine too!
Even my buddies mora with the offset handle starts through the ice just fine.
Must be an operator error issue.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline donho

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: mora Handle To BBK
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2011, 09:28 PM »
my blades are swedish after I contacted strikemaster and told them my chinese ones got dull after ten holes and mine are shimless donho

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.