Author Topic: HT super sandal for pac boot  (Read 1284 times)

Offline GerGa

• IceShanty Rookie
HT super sandal for pac boot
« on: Jun 19, 2023, 05:45 PM »
Hi,
I just bought new pac boots, and need cleats for them.  The boots are Hoffman Mountaineers in size 9.  I already have Hillsound trail crampon ultras in large which are too small but I feel like even the XL would not be big enough.
I was thinking the HT Omni super sandals would be nice because they are flat and would not feel the spikes while on glare ice.
Does anyone with this cleat have any sizing advice?  The guy at HT told me to size up one because of the bulky size of the boot, so that would put me in the SCL-2(size 10-12)

Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: HT super sandal for pac boot
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2023, 08:23 AM »
I started out with the HT sandals years ago ...they tend to make you walk like Frankenstein's monster ...the velcro tens to get wet and frozen from drilling holes and slush ...the treds tend to clog up as well  . They caused my back to hurt and if I really hit it hard for several days in a row ..wow.. I was practically out of commission. Switched to Kahtoolas and now I can fish all day w/o worries or pain . There are tons of Kahtoola knock offs on Amazon for cheap ...grab a set in XL and you should be fine.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2023, 12:00 PM »
These are like one of those hit or miss things quality wise. I bought a pair and the strap ripped off during the first use.

Offline GerGa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2023, 10:23 AM »
Appreciate the replies.  Microspikes may or may not be different sizing from the Hillsounds, but I have heard what I need to get them and skip on the HT omni style spikes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.