New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092680 times)

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice day. Couple gills, couple big pickerel, and a big largemouth. People are out and fishing. Hope you all enjoyed as well.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Nice day. Couple gills, couple big pickerel, and a big largemouth. People are out and fishing. Hope you all enjoyed as well.

I must agree ..wind was a little tough at 2:30 pm but died down after dark ..but got 3 crappie 10 in plus after dark ..tested some new USB lumenoodel knock off lighting as well as my Milwaukee M18 700 lumen light ..both will be game changers in my hub and outside crappie fishing ...and I only drilled two holes to boot .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Tightliness

• Team IceShanty Regular
Plan on trying white lake for the first time on hard water tomorrow. Going to go out from the public launch. Anyone have any tips for ice fishing this lake? Would like to target perch, crappie, and walleye

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Someone gave a tip on a good lure and someone got mad wth it’s not like a secret lake was givin out

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Plan on trying white lake for the first time on hard water tomorrow. Going to go out from the public launch. Anyone have any tips for ice fishing this lake? Would like to target perch, crappie, and walleye
I am surely not the White Lake expert, but what success I have found has come from using the contour map and fishing 5-20 ft of water of points drop offs etc. The shallows right off the launch often hold some nice panfish working the area  behind the restaurants. good luck

Offline varioussortsoftrout

• IceShanty Rookie
On a more positive note, the wunderground forecast looks like we ~might~ get some ice down in westchester.

Offline alexg425

• IceShanty Rookie
drove up to wampus just now, locked up with skim ice, hopefully the wind doesn't do too much damage tomorrow and thickens things up.  Next week/weekend is looking good. 

Offline Matt_Perch

• IceShanty Rookie
On a more positive note, the wunderground forecast looks like we ~might~ get some ice down in westchester.

Im hoping to get on some long island ice by the end of next week. Theres a slim chance one can dream lol

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just had a fresh batch of pickerel fish cakes for dinner. ;D

Offline tryin to catch Champy

• IceShanty Rookie
A few people out on East Branch in Brewster today.  Didn't get out to check conditions. Will stop by over the weekend to take a better look.

Offline Jigger nut

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anyone know when the Swan Lake ice fishing contest is ? I was told buy someone its next Saturday. Usually they have it on a Sunday ! If anyone knows please reply. Thanks. Walt.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Does anyone know when the Swan Lake ice fishing contest is ? I was told buy someone its next Saturday. Usually they have it on a Sunday ! If anyone knows please reply. Thanks. Walt.
I think there is a spot on this site for contests, The Sullivan Co. Federation for sportsman is having a youth contest on 1/30 I believe. It is also on their website. Good luck to those fishing today I was out last night. Started off with some promise but then died off. Lake was lifeless by nine.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

https://www.facebook.com/658018180944474/posts/1652836004796015/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Funny The last post on the S.W.V.F. D. facebook is from 2018! I will try calling if someone else doesn't know anything.

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anybody know if white pond or lake Gilead have safe ice yet? Dying to get out and waste my time on the ice!

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Took a ride through some of Harriman today. Shockingly all red flags. Silver mine looked locked up. Tiorati had one little piece of open water damn near in the middle. Couldn’t get the rest of the park had to hit the circle and head to work. Hopefully with the upcoming temps we may get a shot this year
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished up in Sullivan managed about 26 fish kept mixed bag gills, crappy, perch and pickerel and about a dozen or so on the smaller size released

Be back at it tomorrow

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fished up in Sullivan managed about 26 fish kept mixed bag gills, crappy, perch and pickerel and about a dozen or so on the smaller size released

Be back at it tomorrow

Good to see some action finally. Just a heads up K, a buddy a few years back did exactly what I see in your photo with his auger. One of his pals slipped on the ice and fell on the uncovered auger blade and ended up with over 100 stitches and nearly lost his arm. If you don't want to keep it covered at least stuff the sharp edges down inside the sled and don't leave it hanging out. Don't shoot the messenger here, my buddy will be paying off his buddies $65,000 surgery bill for the next 20 years and that is a fact!
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict

Be back at it tomorrow
It was cold out today! Nice job you earned it!

Offline Vasquez ice bandits

• IceShanty Rookie
 I check Gilead yesterday and it wasn't locked yet, its been too windy.

Offline Slabs247

• IceShanty Rookie
Got the lady out for her first ice. She out fished me of course🙈. Wind was brutal in Sullivan today.  Tight lines and be safe out there.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Took a ride through some of Harriman today. Shockingly all red flags. Silver mine looked locked up. Tiorati had one little piece of open water damn near in the middle. Couldn’t get the rest of the park had to hit the circle and head to work. Hopefully with the upcoming temps we may get a shot this year

Took the spud bar to Sebego, sketchy by the launch but better along the shore.
Kanawauke was open by the road the separates the north and south parts.
Silvermine had an open spot as you head out from the channel to the left.
Tiorati, as you mentioned, had the open spot.
I didn't check Welch.
It is what it is....

Offline dougie

• IceShanty Rookie
Got out in Sullivan yesterday. That is the coldest my hands have been in a long time...LOL. Near Superior 8 inches managed 4 perch and 1 pickerel.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Managed to walk on water this afternoon for about 2 or 3 hours the Tuned Up Custom Rods bullwhip got a work out today caught 25-30 crappie kept 16 all between 9" and 11" if it wasn't for the Marcum would've never caught one they were suspended so high.

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline resjudicata

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for a spot that might be good for this weekend... any recommendations? the closer to manhattan the better, but an hour drive aint so bad.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Managed to walk on water this afternoon for about 2 or 3 hours the Tuned Up Custom Rods bullwhip got a work out today caught 25-30 crappie kept 16 all between 9" and 11" if it wasn't for the Marcum would've never caught one they were suspended so high.
marcum for the win

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just ordered the m3l

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just ordered the m3l
There news mx7 is sick can chart out all these unmapped Sullivan lakes with that unit just by drilling lots of holes and using the auto chart feature

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak

Finally got out. It felt good to get out with good friends.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Coldfusion

• Team IceShanty Regular

Finally got out. It felt good to get out with good friends.
No haul kB! Ice is finally safe in spots in Dutchess and Putnam!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.