Author Topic: Marcum LX3 Has anyone seen this flasher in action?  (Read 9017 times)

Offline Sudsmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Marcum LX3 Has anyone seen this flasher in action?
« on: Mar 23, 2005, 06:10 PM »

Hey Trapperdirk ...got you message on the other board (Sudsmaster) and decided to follow up on here ...have you seen this flasher in action and how does it really differ from the FL18? I haven't been able to locate any Canadian suppliers for this unit which makes me nervous.  Maybe some of the board members can put me at ease...price is a real factor as this unit is approx 100.00 less after exchange from Cabelas...any input would be greatly appreciated.

One other thing how is the ice holding up in the Huntsville area...coming up to the parents house at Windermere and was hoping to wet a few lines over the weekend ..usually just go out on Rosseau from the dock in the village but was wondering if there may be other places that could provide a change in scenery ...have a ATV and a portable so I open to any suggestions...

trapperdirk

Re: Marcum LX3 Has anyone seen this flasher in action?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Well sudsy2 I now own a Marcum LX-3 and there are many posts on here about them in comparison to VEX and I know where they are if you have probs but check this thread on our equipment boards .

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=23660.0

The ice is great up this way and I've been fishing since the beginning of the month with only a couple days off . Some places my Jiffy auger is almost bottoming out but I can't tell you anything about Lake Rosseau as I have not been there this year but doubt you will have probs with ice .If you need more detailed info you can e-mail me or use the PM feature on this site . Also welcome to the board and holler if you need anything . Oh Sudsy2 you have a PM .

TD

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Hey Trapper,  I have been looking to buy a vex for awhile now, I just read thru the threads on the Markum, where can I go to look at one up close and personal?

Offline fishing4life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Yeah Sudsy,

I was on rosseau a couple of days ago.  The ice is good probaly a good 24".  I don't know if that helps or not.

cheers!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

trapperdirk

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Hey Trapper,  I have been looking to buy a vex for awhile now, I just read thru the threads on the Markum, where can I go to look at one up close and personal?

Well the Marcum is not sold anywhere in Canada as yet to my knowledge , Icejunky , but I'm working on that to change so you either have to find somebody such as myself who brought one in or go stateside to see one . If your in my area I would gladly give you a hands on demo . Since I got my unit and seen it work beside VEX and the X67C icemachine I'm happy that I chose the Marcum LX-3 even though all performed well and did the job they are meant to do .  I just feel the LX-3 did more for your buck and without issues under any conditions . ;)

TD

Offline Sudsmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Contacted Marcum
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2005, 10:31 AM »
By email and asked if they are planning to distribute in Canada in the near future and their CSR took it as I wanted the rights and requested further information from me ....this was not the intent of my email ...I don't have the resources to take on anything of this nature ...Trapper maybe you would like shoot me an email and I will forward you the email with the questions in it to further your approach towards Marcum.

[email protected]

Offline Whisper Woman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Well I too can tell you about the marcum... I am new to this ice fishing adventure.. this being my first time and all. I was able to use the marcum and as a newbie I can tell you its absolutely awesome... To be able to actually see the fish and know where they are is great.. The unit is very easy to use and I feel very beneficial to the sport of ice fishing.. I was able to catch my first lake trout and see it hit...It was a thrill for me... I can only imagine that the seasoned fisherman and women could benefit from its use...I also have had a chance due to some new friends to see other equipment being used and found them to be good as well,but I personally liked the marcum a lot better.. I have some problems with my hands and found it to be easy to transport,lightweight and compact.. Great for anyone to carry...Even us ladies...lol  I plan on purchasing one as well for next year..For anyone starting out or trying to introduce someone to the sport I highly reccommend they try the marcum... They will love it....
Keeping Kids Warm  needs your help

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2005, 08:56 PM »
HI guys,,,,,,,,,,

the marcum lx3 is in sale right now at 299$us right now,,,,,,,,drop frome 399$,,,,,

because the better,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LX 5 is coming,,,,,,,,,,,,2000 whatt off power dual beam etc,true colors,,,etc etc,,

can t wait to try one,,,,,,,,

joco

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.