Author Topic: Few masters before march ;D  (Read 6287 times)

Offline travis2091

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Few masters before march ;D
« Reply #30 on: Feb 27, 2014, 12:07 PM »
Depends on situation. If I was gettin accused face to face yes I would especially when I wasn't in the wrong. Both me and Andre jumped the Gun and went off. But all is settled. I rather talk about my fish :(

Offline r.mazur

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2014, 10:36 PM »
"adipose" don't know if you know who gator hunter is, he is old school, been around for a long time ! When he farts, he farts dust  ;D
KCCO

Offline gatorhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 01, 2014, 12:10 AM »
Still young enough to KCCO though Mr. Mazur.  :)

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #33 on: Mar 01, 2014, 11:20 AM »
"adipose" don't know if you know who gator hunter is, he is old school, been around for a long time ! When he farts, he farts dust  ;D

He must be fartin out old dead brain cells like me then cause he sure got this one wrong...lol.....no balls to admit he was wrong either...but thats what most perfectionist are all about. I showed this to my uncle who is retired from the RCMP ( commisioner)..of coarse he would not comment ...all he did was non stop laughing. He was old school...just look at the way its run today....all going down the tubes in a bad way.
When i was young and still learning i was given a couple warnings for tiny infractions and even had to go to the co office about a couple things i did ...but did not know i was in the wrong due to not being written in the hunter guide...i still got a warning...today ..no warnings.
I was drawn for elk in a certain zone here ...it was bordered by a river...the elk were swimming across from forest to farmland every night to feed. The hunting guide that is given to us is very vauge in print. I went in to the co office asking if "i seen an elk across the river...could i shoot it"...i asked 3 officers in that office...not one of them could tell me the correct answer and did not want to stick their necks out and call it. They did not even want to take the time to go and look it up. Well ...guess what ....i shot an elk on that river...clean across the other side and sure enough a couple local yocalls tried to call me on it right on the spot so i had to explain that i could not get an answer when i went to the office. I could site a couple more instances that happended around my area but the other ones would make a couple of you guys hair stand up on the back of your necks. Am i a critic of the cos...only when things go wrong. Had lots of good cos visit us over the years. I feel sorry for most guys they got it commin from the top and the bottom. I  thought i wanted to be one in fact many years back...but not today...a lot different today. Like i stated earlier...i wonder if co's also have a quota to meet every month like the city cops. They even made a W5 story about how radar and other infractions get ramped up near the end of the month in cities. What does that have to do with safety concerns on the other days of the month? I live near a school zone and began to take notice...sure enough...end of the month comes and the unmarked car is now sitting full time just up from the school zone but you never see them any other time. Yup...were all goin down the tubes in a handbag.

Offline r.mazur

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 01, 2014, 02:33 PM »
They have a thankless job and are disliked by many, I've had a few run ins in the past but in the end if you don't want any trouble put a little effort into it and at least move the beer can so it's not in the picture, yours or not it doesn't matter, I'm not saying I'm a angel, I just don't advertise it where some of our Forum members are law enforcement officers.
KCCO

Offline mattpaul

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 01, 2014, 06:46 PM »
? The only one making an ass of themselves is adipose
Monster Stalker

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:48 PM »
just calling an ace an ace mattpaul. Didnt care for the way this thread got changed for his, and only his benefit. Just united with my brother in fishing. I was done with it a long time ago...till you showed up....lol...so yeah thanks for bringing it up again. lol Im sure gatorhunter and everyone else thanks you for keeping this on top as well.

Offline Peelyjay99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 02, 2014, 11:07 PM »
Wowe easy weirdo I keep work at work lol 

Offline fishing mafia

• IceShanty Rookie
  • anyfish anywhere anytime
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2014, 04:47 PM »
I would say a good 80% of guys fishing bring alcohol ,gatorhunter  patrolling ice shanty for intel. I wouldn't make it known im a c.o, probly some wanker worried about what people say, whatever it is you girls all need to change your tampons,  tight lines

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2014, 05:52 PM »
I would say a good 80% of guys fishing bring alcohol ,gatorhunter  patrolling ice shanty for intel. I wouldn't make it known im a c.o, probly some wanker worried about what people say, whatever it is you girls all need to change your tampons,  tight lines

im good...i changed mine this morning...and all this time you folks thought i was a guy because of my horns...lol

Offline Steven_fishing1998

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 09, 2014, 03:00 PM »
Some CO's have their act together and are operating in a stellar ambassador role showing up and being professional and some others arent.

I took the entire family fishing one nice summer day at Lee River nd had one power tripping CO come out of the back and engage me in a sabre rattling match  about barb hooks and I listened in intently until he started proselytizing  about how every hook in my recentlly departed fathers tacklebox would net me a fine of $45 per hook and he had no problem in sitting right down on that rock and counting them all as he reckened there were at least 500 hooks that he could see right in front of him and he said it would be an easy $20,000 fine and confiscation....then he said that our van would also be confiscated right then and there ::) :'(

My 5 year old daughter stood there and started to cry and my boys looked so scared......water was barely going over the falls and its not like we had a 5 stringers of fish. Felt blood rush to head and told him that his actions were bordering draconian .....he could see that all hooks were pinched. He saw my sons 2 way GMRS radio and asked about the frequency it worked on and when I said it was recognized family band of 462 MhZ he stated that he wanted to make sure that people werent communicating with each alerting when the CO's are in the area right? I had a less shakedown in Cuba with these radios.

He had nothing on us and when I told him I could place a very quick call to an associate of mine that is RCMP of mine in Powerview only then did he back off and he then proceeded to walk back to a grassy overhand and just **watch us ** for 20 minutes like some greasy Southern Sheriff with his '70s era Foster Grants burning a hole in our backs as we packed up

We left.

Got back on the highway and thought lets get out of here ...got soft ice cream on a Hwy stand which was good and when the owner asked us to "come back anytime" we laughed and told her what happened and I told her it wont likely happen thank you. She was angry and said we were the third people to say so that weekend and she said that she was going to bring this up with her Chamber of Commerce.

I only mention this because it frosts my socks when I am somehow being told that the CO's are for the most part a reasonable lot and will get their backs up when people give them reason to in the first place. I know there are bad apples in every bushel but surely these guys have better things to do in their time......

The curious thing about fishing is that you never want to go home. If you catch anything you can't stop, if you don't catch anything, you hate to leave in case something might bite.

Offline travis2091

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 09, 2014, 04:03 PM »
They can't charge you for hooks not attached to a rod. I had something similar happen to me, i knew I wasnt doing anythjng wrong and told them to show me the law. They looked at the hooks on my rod, my license went to there truck an peeled out.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 10, 2014, 08:12 AM »
people...this is exactly what i am talking about....what has this world become! Years ago we used to take our hunting rifles to the gunsmith ...go pick them up...walk them to the car (in a case)...now if i did the same...the swat teem would show up. We gotta get this country back on its feet.

And yeah...i had them check my lure (pinched) on a barbless lake and told me to pinch all of my hooks in my box...i didnt want to because i fish other lakes that are not barbless....the CO told me he could write a ticket for every lure unpinched...proceeded to rip my boat down. I had a bag of homemade popcorn inside a paper liquer store bag...made me dump that out also. Then they want us to respect them...lol

Offline johnny-walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Mar 10, 2014, 12:51 PM »
In the future, all you need to do is refer to the MB Angler's guide where in the section about Barbless hooks it states that, "Barbed hooks may be kept in the tackle box."  It's in blue and hard to miss.

Every job has good and bad employees, that's fact.  Sorry the kids had to experience that.

Offline gatorhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Making it public that I'm a game warden is a condition of my being able to post on forums as an officer.  For the most part I keep comments on a business level. Every once in a while though, just like in real life, I have to use words that some people need to hear (or see) to get the message across.  I've made a few blunders over the years so I correct them and we move along just like regular "humans" do or should anyway.

Offline gatorhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 11, 2014, 10:10 PM »
I sense that the officers in your situations were more than likely seasonal.  We have a very difficult time filling vacancies with young people who have good people skills, knowledge/experience with basic angling and certainly experience with boats, motors, etc.  Questionable employees fall through the cracks in every job regardless of screening.

As these types of incidents will continue to occur, I recommend that the affected persons please contact a supervisor officer. That's the best way for us to find out who is not doing the job properly.  To have any officer spin tales of being charged for hooks in a tackle box and suggest loss of boat and/or vehicle is unforgivable! That type of approach or attitude would get dealt with in a hurry. But we can't fix the problem if we don't know about it.

Offline The_Big_Cat_Canada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Well have I got a story for you. The % of anglers that may have an adult bevey on the lake is probably higher that 80% and I am sure glad we have some seasoned CO's checking us out that have common sense and apply it. NOT ONE TIME HAS THERE BEEN A LIQUOR CHARGE ISSUED. Stern warnings have been handed out and I know for fact that 3 times this winter the CO has gotten the angler to call his wife to drive out to the lake and pick him up. Now if your an a$$hole and partying like its Mardi Gras different story but anyone having a drink in your shack and not making a scene or being obnoxious has never been fined. Common sense prevails. There was a family derby 15 trucks guys having a H e l l of a good time  CO's stopped by and told them to not let this get out of hand and then went on their merry way and the guys were more subdued. Good time had by all and everyone had a sober driver. That's effective enforcement and not abuse of power but rather respect from every angler these guys deal with. Common sense rules the day.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:05 AM »
Not sure why anyone has to drink on the ice, I don't have time, to busy catching or moving, I wait till I get home and then pour a crown while I'm cutting fish!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline travis2091

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Mar 13, 2014, 08:12 AM »
Agreed. Can people move on now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.