Author Topic: BOAT SHOW  (Read 5294 times)

Offline creekboy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: BOAT SHOW
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2010, 08:52 PM »
What are you thinking ? Swap meet ?
I am the vice president of the Cooks Creek Community Centre and thought this might be a fun event.  It could be a swap meet or just sell your fishing stuff.
Rent a table for $10.00. Maybe even get some of the fishing retail stores on board.

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Less and less tackle booths each year! All the rod and reel manufacturers had there own booths along with major tackle companies but no more? As for boats, everything under one roof for ten bucks! Perfect, would cost me 5 times that to drive to all the dealers around the city plus Elie and out to Kenora!

Offline creekboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 02, 2010, 09:41 PM »
I also heard of an upcoming swap meet at the Norvilla......I am sure more info will be coming soon. :)

Great, if you hear anything please post!

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Swap meet.....great idea....April would be perfect!!!!!!
GILLISHAMMER

Offline maw31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2010, 12:39 PM »
I am the vice president of the Cooks Creek Community Centre and thought this might be a fun event.  It could be a swap meet or just sell your fishing stuff.
Rent a table for $10.00. Maybe even get some of the fishing retail stores on board.

When would this be happening? Would it be at the cooks creek community centre? More info would be appreciated. :)

Offline maw31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Are you even talking about the Winnipeg Show?  Which companies all set up?  I thought only Cabela's puts up a meager selection of rods and tackle.  And 29-30 grand OFF the price of boats??

The Winnipeg Show has become a joke!  Topcat has it right, if you want to go to a REAL show head south and hit up the Fargo, St.Cloud or Minneapolis show.

yes i'm talking about the wpg. boat show. I wasn't thinking when I posted this stuff. I must have been in la la land. Yes you are right, only Cabelas has tackle for sale at the show. ok, not 29-30 grand off the price of boats, but I know u can buy boats a few grand cheeper than you could at the dealer. I realize my post was not quit accurate, and I am sorry about that. 8) If you wouldn't mind me asking, when are the Fargo, St. Cloud and Minneapolis shows on?  ???

Offline maw31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2010, 12:56 PM »
"Hunting gear to" what...  ??? Are you even from Winnipeg, because you've obviously never been to our Boat Show (and sorry for being negative, but seriously... If someone who'd never been there read this and went looking for these deals and other goodies, they'd probably be sorta' angry with you  WHAT :P). (a large understatement ;)). 

Again, I realize my post was not accurate and I am sorry about that. Sorry for posting false information. :(

Offline Stevie B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2010, 01:21 PM »
yes i'm talking about the wpg. boat show. I wasn't thinking when I posted this stuff. I must have been in la la land. Yes you are right, only Cabelas has tackle for sale at the show. ok, not 29-30 grand off the price of boats, but I know u can buy boats a few grand cheeper than you could at the dealer. I realize my post was not quit accurate, and I am sorry about that. 8) If you wouldn't mind me asking, when are the Fargo, St. Cloud and Minneapolis shows on?  ???

No problem.

The Fargo show is this weekend.  Which I will be hitting up.  Been going for the past 3 years.

The Minneapolis show is in a couple weeks...http://www.northwestsportshow.com/

The St.Cloud show is always in the beginning of December.

Offline maw31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2010, 02:42 PM »
No problem.

The Fargo show is this weekend.  Which I will be hitting up.  Been going for the past 3 years.

The Minneapolis show is in a couple weeks...http://www.northwestsportshow.com/

The St.Cloud show is always in the beginning of December.

Thanks for the info Stevie B.  ;) and thanks for forgiving me! ;D

Offline creekboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2010, 08:39 PM »
When would this be happening? Would it be at the cooks creek community centre? More info would be appreciated. :)

Not sure, sounds like the end of April would be a good time to have a swap or fishing sale. Just thought this would be a good idea to have since there has been some interest on this.
Maybe I need a new thread to post this.

Offline mcdee

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • w
« Reply #40 on: Mar 04, 2010, 07:40 AM »
mcdee
there is suppose to be a tackle flea market at the norvilla sometime in april
you buy a table and sell your stuff
quiet a few guys i know are talking about going as well as going in it.
Is this a annual event ?

Offline maw31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 04, 2010, 10:51 AM »
Not sure, sounds like the end of April would be a good time to have a swap or fishing sale. Just thought this would be a good idea to have since there has been some interest on this.

end of April sounds good. please let us know when u find out more info.  :)  thanx

Offline mcdee

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • w
« Reply #42 on: Mar 04, 2010, 11:49 AM »
Some interest but Is there enough interest ? Maybe a survey post . I guess we hi jacked the Boat show post . Sorry about that . The Boat show is a great place to check out new boats if your in the market .

Offline manitobawalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Mar 05, 2010, 05:36 AM »
1st annual...

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Mar 05, 2010, 09:07 AM »
There are signs on the ice at Balsam about the swap meet at the Norvilla. Its in April. I think it said the 17th. Dont know if they put signs out at chalet or not. Sounds like a good idea though. I stopped going to the boat show because there is nothing really different from the previous years. Cabellas is the only tackle store there and usually the deals are on stuff they cant sell not what you are probably looking for. 

Offline maw31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 05, 2010, 11:27 AM »
There are signs on the ice at Balsam about the swap meet at the Norvilla. Its in April. I think it said the 17th. Dont know if they put signs out at chalet or not. Sounds like a good idea though. I stopped going to the boat show because there is nothing really different from the previous years. Cabellas is the only tackle store there and usually the deals are on stuff they cant sell not what you are probably looking for. 

Where is the Norvilla? ???

Offline manitobawalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 05, 2010, 05:37 PM »
henderson highway

Offline topcat3820

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 05, 2010, 07:34 PM »
henderson highway

Where's THAT, Rog  ???
TC   

Offline manitobawalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 05, 2010, 08:02 PM »
from east selkirk i would go across the bridge in selkirk
on main street selkirk turn left and go down main street to lockport
turn left at the lights and go to highway 59 and turn right
take the east perimeter around  to pembina highway
turn right on pembina and go all the way down pembina until it turns into memorial
go down memorial and turn right on portage avenue and go to main street
turn left on main and then right on disraeli freeway until it turns into henderson highway
take henderson highway almost to the perimeter and it is on the right hand side....
just before the norvilla on the left is a mcdonalds....could you pick me up a cheeseburger?

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Mar 05, 2010, 11:58 PM »
from east selkirk i would go across the bridge in selkirk
on main street turn left and go down main street to lockport
turn left at the lights and go to highway 59
turn right and take the east perimeter to pembina highway
turn right on pembina and go all the way down pembina until it turns into memorial
go down memorial and turn right on portage avenue and go to main street
turn left on main and then right on diraeli freeway until it turns into henderson highway
take henderson highway almost to the perimeter and it is on the right hand side....
just before the norvilla on the left is a mcdonalds....could you pick me up a cheeseburger?

Perfect directions, right on the door step.   ::)

Offline topcat3820

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Mar 06, 2010, 09:07 AM »
I hear Bob makes a great cheeseburger at Pro-Am... wait, how do I get to Pro-Am... is it anywhere near Balsam Bay  :-\??? Never mind  :P... how about a Walker's chili dog, instead... some guy on the radio says they're waaaaaay better than cheeseburgers, anyway... you've supposedly gotta' eat 'em before you go hunting "toothy critters" in that province to the East of us. Wish I could remember how to get there, I hear they make a decent BLT in some place called Wawa... anyone know how to get there ??? Last time I went looking, I ended up in Toronto at some carnival (believe they called it the CNE or something). They made a decent corn dog, though... no BLT's, lousy chili dog's, and I won't even talk about their cheeseburgers  ::). I got a decent picture of the CN Tower, just to prove I was actually there  8).

Damn, now I'm hungry... road trip, anyone  ;)?
TC   

Offline manitobawalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Mar 06, 2010, 09:37 AM »
isn't that the calgary tower? there is no mountains near toronto

Offline topcat3820

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Mar 06, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Wow, I must've been totally lost  :P!!! Mmmmmmm, mountains...

TC   

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Mar 11, 2010, 11:15 PM »
Great, if you hear anything please post!

8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.