The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Problems with Eskimo customer service  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Problems with Eskimo customer service
« on: Mar 08, 2005, 05:54 AM »
 Has anyone had problems with the new Eskimo power auger pull starts? My friend had bought this Eskimo Shark and the first time he used it the pull start blew apart. He took it back to the bait shop where he bought it and the owner of the baait shop called Eskimo and they sent him a new pull start and installed it. My friend got his auger back and then took it out again and the same thing happened to it and he returned it to the store again. The owner of the bait shop has been calling the Eskimo customer service and they don't want to talk to him or even return his phone calls.

You can clearly see the damage at the top of the pull start

Here's the auger and motor with pull start problems
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Problems with Eskimo customer service
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2005, 08:11 AM »
I contacted Ardisam yesterday and got right through to service and parts. I was just ordering a choke lever assembly that I broke on my buddies 5 year old shark. Mine wasn't a warranty problem, but they picked up the phone right away for me. This is the 2nd time I've called in the last year and they've helped me out both times on the first call.
Ken                                          

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2005, 11:56 AM »
 I just got in from the bait shop that my buddy bought that auger from and the owner said they finally returned his call, he told them that the runaround that he got from thier costumer service all week might be posted on this website, and then they offered to refund him the money in return for the auger. My buddy is happy and so is the bait shop.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

maineicemun

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2005, 02:23 AM »
ABUSE , Period.

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2005, 04:24 AM »
 Yes, abuse. They went as far as asking the owner of the bait shop if my buddy was using his auger in extreme cold weather. What the heck is that? Aren't these things supposed to be designed to be out in temps that are below freezing? Have they been designing these to be operated on 70 degree days ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.