Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1609714 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17280 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Evening all,

H2L.....happy birthday wishes to MrsH2L (even tho it's opening day :whistle::thumbsup:  the boat went to bed Saturday  :'(

IW.....hope you were able to get your project completed today  ;)

CapJ....the rain started here about 3 this afternoon, assume you had to deal with it earlier there :wacko:  hope the drive home wasn't too much of a mess  ::)

WS.....looks like you have the next week or so planned out pretty good  :thumbsup: :roflmao:  did you send a copy of the itinerary to that 8 pt  ??? :unsure:  wouldn't want him to miss your visit  :nono: :whistle:

TT......drywall is never a fun or easy job, hope you were able to get it finished w/o too much trouble  :-\  a cold spell is definitely needed to kill off the skeeters and other summer bugs  :-\

Eddie.....guessing there will be no sidewalk work for you tomorrow  :blink:  any luck finding a truck yet  ???  once you retire you wonder how the heck you ever got everything done while you were still working  :wacko: :roflmao:

MrC.....I actually picked up a few baking supplies for the FD party while at the grocery store today  ;)2  hope you don't have any flooding issues from this nor'easter  :o

IF45.....hope you were able to get your walk in before the rains moved in  ;)  fingers crossed Mrs45 gets to have both her days off  :)  all the logs are out of the woods ahead of the rain :clap:

Boat washed, waxed, winterized.....ready for a long winter's nap

Logs out of the woods, on the landing ready for spring

Have a good night. Stay safe and dry.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17281 on: Oct 16, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Evening, Gang

Raining like the gates of the dam are wide open, breezy too

Busy day today at the job, customer was there, old appliances were removed, new ones to come when I am done, discussed extras that customer would like done, counter-
     top people came by to measure the kitchen, laminate flooring showed up about an hour before the rain started, thank the lord, was 30 cartons to get from the outside
     rear loading dock inside, then transfer to a smaller cart for the ride in the freight elevator to the 7th floor, down the hall & unload in the Apt., 4 trips in the elevator, I was
     done when finished, back and legs were like rubber bands, still got a lot of prep work done before painting starts, customer was very happy when she left, so it was worth it,
     a bit later start time tomorrow, have to price some things out for her at Home Depot , ride home wasn't bad, I left just before it got real nasty, could be some flooding going
     in tomorrow, alt. routes available, not a big deal

Shower, two fingers, bed

Be Safe-Stay Warm or Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Safe Travels-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17282 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:00 PM »
Good evening, it has been raining here at a pretty goo rate for the past few hours flood advisory in place for most of the Mid Hudson river valley. Also under high wind advisory until tomorrow evening. Tomorrow's winds may create problems with downed limbs and trees. May all of you in this storm's path get through it with no major problems.
Capt.Jim good to hear the owner is happy sounds like she is doing some major renovations. Happy for you the flooring arrived before the rain started and you trip home was not bad.
Wallyworld good to read the logs are out of the woods and stacked. May all go well when you start the Halloween baking. Is the boat now safely in one of your pole barns.

Have a safe and good night.  Prayer said for all in the North East that all of us come through this storm safely.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17283 on: Oct 17, 2019, 01:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Sleep isn’t my friend tonight. My wife and Mr Dickens are sound asleep. We got our walk in before the rain started. Looks like we won’t be as lucky this time around. Getting some heavy rain. Have a phone conference with the lawyer this morning. Hopefully he has some good news. My wife is off the next 2 days.

WallyWorld, Your boat looks great. Do you store it in your garage? Good you got your logging done.

Mr Clean, Hopefully you don’t need to go out in this weather.

Captain Jim, Thats good news you were able to get the linoleum in before the rain. It’s always good when the customer is happy.

Mason Eddie, Are you working today with the rain?

My shoulder is feeling better and my wife thinks I should try and go fishing. Still new to the fishing world and looking for recommendations on a spinning pole want a 2 piece so I can carry it in the cab. Not targeting any particular species. Will be fishing from the bank. Preferably under 60 dollars. I have a Shakespeare reel my wife had bought me a long time ago. Thank you for any recommendations. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17284 on: Oct 17, 2019, 02:40 AM »
Morning Everyone,
  Steady rain and windy here this am, 42* with a high of 47 today. Imagine the roads will be a bit slick today with all the leaves coming down, sticking to the  pavement like feathers to tar. Should be an interesting ride into work this am.

I-45...guessing the headaches might have kept you up, hope they’ve passed. Best wishes with today’s conference call and some good news!  As far as a fishing pole...tough to beat the Ugly Stik’s for the money IMO.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...same weather conditions here, winds are gusting into the 40’s as I type...at least it’s not snowing!   ;D
  Capt.J...glad the flooring arrived before the gates opened up on you, good deal. Sounds like everything is falling into place at the job, be careful with today’s travels!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...perfect timing getting the logs out of the woods, the boat looks great!   :thumbsup:  No concrete today, believe we have some indoor block work on the agenda. 
  OG...Long Island is about 150 miles south of me, sorry I can’t help you out with that one! Hope all is well .... :thumbsup:

Running way behind, sorry I couldn’t catch up to everyone this am...will this afternoon though!  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17285 on: Oct 17, 2019, 05:04 AM »

Good morning I-45, Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 43* and raining, it looks like it will be around for a while. We've had 2.2 inches so far. ::)
                             I-45..............I guess there will not be any walks today, maybe tomorrow or Saturday. :blink:
                             Eddie.............Look s like you'll be inside today or sent home. ???
                             Wally.............You got the logs out i=just in time and the boat winterized. :thumbsup:
                             Capt. Jim.......Sounds like a lot of work getting the flooring up 7 floors. Also it sounds like a big job you have. :flex: :thumbsup:
                             Steve............I hope the flooding doesn't impact you? ???
                             Marv.............I hope everything lines up for you next week and that 8 pt is on schedule. :thumbsup:
                             Yesterday MW and a helper cam around 9am and was done by 2pm and on to the next job. The project here was I wanted a french
                drain in front of my basement wall. In winter the driveway heaves 4" and if we get a rain during the January Thaw water seeps in to my
                basement. So we dug a trench 3' deep along the basement wall a day lighted the pipe down my driveway. I should see some water coming out
                of the pipe this morning. Here are some pictures of the job. I'm sorry for the size of them, I tried to resize them but it didn't work? ::)

I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out doing, stay dry.

IW               

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17286 on: Oct 17, 2019, 05:23 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

35 degrees with a high promised to reach into the 60's.

IW great pictures, hope this takes care of the water problems once and for all :thumbsup:

45 sorry to read you had a long night, let us know what you decide on for a fishing pole. Check out some of the collapsible ones, I would think they may be ideal and they are priced right https://www.fishusa.com/Eagle-Claw-PackIt-TravelPack-Rods?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoqDtBRD-ARIsAL4pviAzJwl2xqhmyfEvMaV243s5cpG9YMFltdcehsuim95UI_RXprl3acIaAiwaEALw_wcB

Eddie hang on to the wheel, those dang leaves are as bad as black ice.

I am going to take care of one of my tree jobs today. Then I am going to start digging through my hunting stuff.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17287 on: Oct 17, 2019, 06:37 AM »
46* and rain.
WW, glad you got the logs out. They will be waiting for you next Spring.
Ice-45, just about any spinning rod/reel combo would get you started.
Eddie, quite a few leaves came off around here. People don't think about how bad they can be when wet and on the roads.
IW, drain is in just in time for it's first test. The job looks good.
This morning the wife told me that she "thinks" Scouts appt is today, not on Sat. Will have to call and find out.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17288 on: Oct 17, 2019, 06:55 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......hope the drive in this morning wasn't too slick  ;)

WS.......good luck with the tree job today, hope it's trouble free  :flex:

IW.....looks like the drain work got done right on time  :thumbsup:

CapJ.....sounds like another satisfied customer, good work sir  :bow: :clap:

IF45......fingers crossed the phone call brings good news  ;)2

MrC.....hope you survived the storm without any problems  @)

H2L.....very few leaves hanging on around here, today's wind should finish it up  :blink:

Looks like almost 2 1/2" of rain in the gauge and still coming down  :wacko:

Making the annual trip to watch them strip the salmon at the fish hatchery in Pulaski, always amazing to see the crazy amount of BIG fish that come out of the lake  :blink: :woot:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17289 on: Oct 17, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like the rain has stopped but we have very high winds. We have lost power. No walk planned today. Hopefully the conference call goes well. Lots of leaves on the roads so the roads will be slippery.

WallyWorld, Have fun watching them release the Salmon.

Hunts2long, Hopefully Scouts appointment is today.

Whopper Stopper, Hope your tree job goes well. Any word on the spear house?

Ice Wanderer, Nice job on the French drain. Will get it’s first test today. Was that you digging the trench?

Mason Eddie, Hope you had a safe trip to work today.

I hope everyone has a great day and that everyone stays dry and safe. God Bless everyone.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17290 on: Oct 17, 2019, 10:33 AM »
Good day rain has ended but very windy bigger limbs/branches on trees are swaying. Between the wind and rain some trees lost most of their leaves. Thought i might loose electric power last night lights dimmed a few times. Have to put on the TV or radio to see if there are any road closures or other problems caused by flooding.
Icefisher-45 may your lawyer have good news for you today. I was thinking a telescopic rod might meet your needs see WS has posted a link to some Eagle Claw models on Fish USA's website.
Eddie hope you did not have any trouble n the morning commute to Albany.
Ice Wanderer may the French drain solve problem of water getting into your basement.
Whopper Stopper may all go well with the tree jobs.
Hunts2long hope you do not miss Scout's vet appointment.
Wallyworld have a good trip to the hatchery.

Have a good Thursday.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17291 on: Oct 18, 2019, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  NW winds are still cranking this am, but the rain has passed. 42* this am, high of 47 today. Sounds like most areas around me received 3” of rain, other areas to the east reports of 5-7”.

Steve...the drive in to work wasn’t too bad, took it slow and easy. As expected, slick, some limbs down here and there and plenty of spots to hydroplane. Some of the city streets were flooding again in the usual spots, sewers couldn’t keep up with the volume of water.
  I-45... hope you received some good news from the lawyer yesterday, and your power wasn’t out too long.  :thumbsup:  Angelo is doing very good, picking up plenty of useful tips and information every day. Believe wanting to learn the trade is his biggest asset, so it’s easy teaching him.
  Wally...hope you had a good time at the hatchery yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Read a report the river flow increased considerably throughout the day...should help trigger another run.
  H2...wishing your wife a Happy Birthday tomorrow in case I forget, best of luck with the hunting if you plan on getting out over the weekend!   :thumbsup:  How did Scout do at the Dr.’s?
  Jeff...nice job on the French drain, looks great...bet that was pumping out some water yesterday!!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the tree job went well for you yesterday, good luck with today’s job if that’s on the planner!  Fingers crossed the spear house is still a go for tomorrow.    :thumbsup:
  Tom...did you finish up the bathroom project? 

Even with a day off this week, it sure seems like it’s taken forever to get to the last shift, lol. Looking forward to the weekend! 
  I picked up some more garlic on Wednesday to plant, that will go in this weekend...5 different varieties in total for next years harvest...German red, elephant, music, Japanese and Elmer’s topset. Hoping they all produce.
  Time to get ready for the last hurrah be it block or sidewalks, lol, 1:30 quit can’t get here soon enough!  ;D
  Cawfee’s on..
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17292 on: Oct 18, 2019, 04:05 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's 43* and cloudy here on my hill, we had 3.4" of rain from the storm.  ::) Lots of leaves came down but to wet to get up. :%$#!:
                               Eddie........The closer you get to retirement the days at work seem to drag and the weekends go by to fast. :blink:
                               I-45..........That was my son Logan aka mealworm on the mini excavator. I heard you guys got some heavy winds out your way. ???
                               Wally.........You hit it on the head, the drain was flowing pretty good. :flex: I hope you had a good day at the hatchery? ???
                               H2L...........Tomorrow should be a nice day if you're getting out for the muzzle loader opener. :thumbsup:
                               Marv..........I hope that you don't get put off again getting the spear house delivered. ??? Have a safe day if you're doing tree work
                      today. :flex:
                               Steve.........I'm sure the drain will work the way I want it to, but I'll have to wait and see during the winter. ???
                               I have a PT appointment this morning, then an oil change for my truck. After that I'm taking the log cabin guy down to get his
                      roofing. A friend of mine has offered to help him put the roofing on. We'll see.
                               I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or getting out.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17293 on: Oct 18, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

45 degrees with highs in the mid 60's today, unfortunately wind gusts will be in 30-40mph range.

Eddie hope the day flies by for you, talk about an assortment garlic :thumbsup: Any fishing over the weekend?

IW enjoy your day, hope there is agreement and the roof gets put on :thumbsup:

WW hope your days at the hatchery was enjoyable :thumbsup:

My tree yesterday went well. I am a little sore this morning but hope to get my other job done today. It's a bigger oak but all I need to do is narrow it up a little bit and then splash it.

I tried to get a hold of the spear house guy yesterday but no response, I am going to stay positive.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17294 on: Oct 18, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Not raining here but very windy. Power came back on around 2 yesterday afternoon. We didn’t go anywhere. The fire dept was here last night checking up on our downstairs neighbor. My wife went downstairs and the fire fighter said she was ok.

Whopper Stopper, Thats good the tree job went well. Good luck with today’s tree job. Hope you get hold of the spear guy today.

Ice Wanderer, Sounds like you have a busy day planned. That is very nice of you to get your neighbors roof. Hopefully your friend helps him put it up. That is the best thing about ice shanty people are very helpful to their neighbors and have good advice on this site.

Mason Eddie, That was a good score on the Garlic. Hope your day goes by quickly.

Mr Clean, Thats good you didn’t lose power. Nothing productive with the lawyer. Just told us it takes time.

WallyWorld, Hope you had a good day at the hatchery.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17295 on: Oct 18, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Good Morning. 42 degrees and some clouds around.

If anyone sees the YANKEES, remind them that there is a game tonight.

WW, how was the trip to the hatchery? Has to be some big fish.

IW, good luck with the PT. Good that the guy is getting some help with the log cabin. I haven't even gotten my hunting clothes out yet.

Wife called the vet at 8am yesterday.  There was NO appt made for Scout, so now it is 10/24. My wife is on too many drugs....lol The lake came up 7 inches with the rain we got.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17296 on: Oct 18, 2019, 06:42 AM »
33* this morning. We still have not had a good killing frost.

Eddie with all of the other things going on I have not made much progress on the bath room. I spent most of the day on the road yesterday with a dermatologist appointment then to pick up some meds in the city. When I priced two RX's for a replacement for an ointment I have used on my face since the 80's the cost was ridiculous. Over $100 out of pocket. No way. I will keep using what I have used even though she says I should not. Then I went and picked up the mole trap I had bought on an online auctions site.. It  only had one of the setting levers. I need two to set it. I planed on buying another one so them I will have enough levers to set it. When I finally got home I spent the rest of the day blowing leaves. I have a big pile of leaves to move to the mulch pile before moving to the front yard.

IW I just realized the wall is wood to grade. Here we have to be 8 inches above grade to wood. If the wall had been 2x6 set on 6 inch blocks that would have kept the water out. I built a French drain one time on the lake bottom after a dam was breached to keep from losing a power house. When the dam went out it caused some of the high banks to collapse. We had to build a chute to get the stone down the 100 foot bluff to the box we built. It took some modification to hit the box This was the design of a consulting civil engineer that is an idiot. It think it was a waste of money. It ended up being under the water with some pipe run to the base of the bluff???

ww I have never gone to the Muskegon river in the spring to watch them strip the walleyes right on the bank of the river. They shock them and scoop them out of the water. After they recover they are released right back in the river. All of the walleye eggs the state needs come from there.
When they first started taking salmon eggs a guy in the town I come from got all of the salmon from the egg take sites. I did some work for him an told my boss he was a crook. He was making  caviar out of excess eggs. he got caught bring eggs from NY state to make caviar out of which was NO NO. He ended up in prison. The boss did not know what to say when I told him I was right.

marv Good luck on getting the spear house tomorrow. Be careful taking down the tree today if the wind is still up. The high winds we have been taking their tole on the shore line of Lake Michigan with the high water. They showed the stairs down to the beach that were destroyed. It has happened before when Lake Michigan got high to the point that some houses fell in the lake.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17297 on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:06 AM »
Morning all,

WS....good luck with the tree job today, hope all goes as planned  ;)  are you packed for the shack yet  ??? ;D

TT.....amazing what level some people will stoop to just to make $$$$ instead of getting a real job  :nono:  sorry to hear the price of your prescription is so high  :o  :wacko: 

H2L....good thing you called the vet to confirm  :thumbsup:  good luck in the woods if you venture out this weekend  ;)

IF45.....glad you got your power restored  :thumbsup:  my son's area was hit pretty hard too, as of 11 last night their power was still out  :pinch: :%$#!:  sorry the lawyer didn't have better news  :-\

IFF......been fishing lately sir  ???

Eddie.....I always preferred a three day weekend with Friday being the extra day off not Monday, the week never really seemed shorter with Monday holidays  :blink: :wacko:  hope today passes quickly for you  ;)

MrC......glad to hear your power stayed on  :clap:  hope you didn't have any road closures/flooding in your area  :)

IW.....good luck with pt today  :flex:  nice of you to help out your neighbor  :bow: :thumbsup:  hope your friend comes thru with the help  ;)2

Ended up getting just shy of 3" of rain  ::)

The hatchery was in full swing yesterday......SO many fish  :flex: :thumbsup:  always seems a bit wasteful to just throw the fish in the dumpster after stripping them, but can't imagine anyone would want the meat anyway  :unsure:   :sick:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17298 on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Good morning cloudy skies and windy a little better then yesterday with the wind speed. The winds yesterday and today should help mix the water in local lakes so when my area starts getting below freezing temperatures the water will also be cool enough to start ice formation. In the neighboring city of Newburgh the current city manager released his preliminary budget for 2020 causing major concern among city council members and city residents. The cities finances are in bad shape his proposed budget calls for layoffs in both the fire and police departments as well as tax increases to build up the city's fun balance. It seems for every step forward the city of Newburgh takes something happens and it takes two or more steps backward.
Eddie good to read you finally got your garlic may all the different types produce well next growing season.
Ice Wanderer best to you with today's PT session. Nice of you to help your neighbor get his cabin roofing. May things work out and your friend help him get it installed on the cabin.
Whopper Stopper may the winds in your area not affect taking down the oak today. Like everyone else hope you get your spearing shack tomorrow.
Icefisher-45 good to hear you electric power has been restore. Nice that your city/town has a program where the fire dept. or police check on older residents during bad weather. May the lawyer call with better news before Halloween.
Hunts2long glad you got scout's appointment date set with the vet. Any special plans to celebrate your wife's birthday. Best to you if you get out with the muzzle loader this weekend.
Tom Turkey may you find some plan to help lower cost of new medication. Hope things slow down some next week so you can finish work in the bathroom.
Wallyworld thankfully i did not hear of any road closures . I wonder if the state sells the salmon to some pet food company . May your son have his power back.
Capt. Jim hope you have a good end to the work week. Also may you area of NJ. have not suffered to badly from this storm. i know loss of beach sand and coastal flooding are always possible with a good storm.

Have a safe and good Friday folks. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17299 on: Oct 18, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Just heard from my son......still w/o power  :(

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17300 on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:36 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Windy day here today. Took Mr Dickens for a walk today. Made it all around the lake.

WallyWorld, Hopefully your son gets power back on soon.

Hunts2long, Thats good you checked on Scouts appointment. Are you going hunting tomorrow? Are you doing anything special for your wife’s birthday?

Tom Turkey, The price of meds is ridiculous. Hopefully you can find affordable meds.

I hope everyone had a good day and has a good night.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17301 on: Oct 18, 2019, 10:03 PM »
Good evening, Wallyworld hope your son has had his electric power restored.
Icefisher-45 you are making good progress with your walks keep up the good work.

A safe and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17302 on: Oct 19, 2019, 04:40 AM »
                 Good morning ER's,
                          It's 34* here on my hill, I heard that there is a good frost down in the valley, so anyone going out before first light might find some crunchy leaves.
                          Wally........My PT went well yesterday, my therapist is happy with my range of motion. :thumbsup: :flex: I hope your son has his power
                 back by now. ???
                          I-45.........You are making big strides walking around the pond, soon you'll be doing laps. :clap:
                          Steve.......From the sound of things going on in Newburgh, the mayor won't make it through another election. :cookoo:
                          Marv........I hope you've heard from the spear house builder and he delivers on his promise. ???
                          Eddie.......I guess you'll be planting your garlic this weekend. :unsure:
                          Capt. Jim..How is that job going.? ???
                          Tom.........There is or was 4" of clearance between floor and dirt, now with good drainage it doesn't matter. :blink: I hope you can get the
                bathroom finished. :flex:
                          H2L.........I haven't even bought my license, let alone going through my hunting gear. Happy Birthday to the Mrs. H2L. :thumbsup:
                          Yesterday I took the cabin builder to get his roofing, he seems happy about that. Today I will help prep everything to start putting it on.
               I also have a ton of leaves to get cleaned up.
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out in the woods if hunting is open in your area.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17303 on: Oct 19, 2019, 05:10 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 35* this am, high of 55 today with plenty of sunshine. Today is the opener for the muzzle loading season in the Northern Zone of NY...best of luck to all the hunters today!    :thumbsup:

Jeff...excellent news on your progress, don’t overdo it today!   :clap: :thumbsup:   Will be looking forward to the updates on your neighbors cabin, darn nice of you guys helping him out!   :bow:
  I-45...X2 on Steve’s reply, congrats on your accomplishments!  :clap: 
  Steve...seems to be the route many municipalities take concerning the budgets, pretty darn sad. The last thing we all need is less Law Enforcement and Firemen/women...imagine the schools will probably take a hit as well.  :%$#!:
   Wally...thanks for sharing the pictures and trip to the hatchery, need to put that on my bucket list ,quite a place!   :thumbsup:  Hope your son and family have power now! Tried looking into what happens to all the carcasses after stripping, couldn’t find much on that...thinking fertilizer possibly? Maybe someone from the area like Filet and Release or Trapper could clue us in.
  Tom...the price of meds is getting out of hand...like Steve mentioned, hope you can find another route more affordable. Just saw a news clip last evening about a cancer drug for children now with limited availability ..only one manufacturer making it. It makes one wonder how they can be regulated on the prices they charge...people losing their homes just trying to keep their children alive, it’s difficult to even think about.
  H2...well, the Yankees are still alive!  They’ve got a tough mountain to climb, but they’re not heading to Disney just yet!    :flex:   :clap:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs. H2!!   :clap:
  Marv...glad things went well with the tree job, crossing fingers the spear house is on today’s agenda!   :thumbsup:  We’ve got the grandkids for the weekend, but might try to get out and wet a line with them this afternoon when it’s a little warmer. Plenty of small bluegills at the one lake to keep them happy for a little while.   ;D

A nice Fall day here today, and better than halfway through October already! Won’t be too long now before the colder temps arrive and the lakes begin to get a lid on them... :thumbsup:
  Quite a few things on the “ to do list “ today...glad I didn’t retire the garden tractor, can’t barely see the lawn anymore from all the leaves now, lol.
  Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17304 on: Oct 19, 2019, 05:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to be a nice day today. Currently 34* but supposed to be in the 60s today. Going to take Mr Dickens out for his daily walk around the lake. It is getting easier. This is my wife’s weekend to work. Trying to do more and more things in spite of the headaches.

Hunts2long, Happy Birthday to your wife. Are you doing anything special with her?

Whopper Stopper, Are you getting your spear house today? Did the 8 point buck get your memo?

Ice Wanderer, Thats good your pt went well. That’s very nice of you to help your neighbor. Hope you get your leaves picked up today.

Mason Eddie, Sounds like you have a busy day ahead. Good thing you didn’t put the lawn tractor away.

WallyWorld, I hope your son has power.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17305 on: Oct 19, 2019, 06:22 AM »
33* and foggy.
Ice-45, the walks are becoming a routine for you and Mr. Dickens. Do you feel any improvements?

WW, thanks for sharing the pictures and the info. I knew they died but didn't know they tossed them. I guess it would be a mess along the rivers.

Mr. Clean, having done some work in Newburgh, I can see that in it's day it was a very nice city but was going"downhill". That is too bad.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes for the wife. We are all going out for dinner tonight at the Alpine Inn just up the road from here. We haven't been there since it changed hands but all the reviews I hear are very good. At one time it was a stagecoach stop on the way North. Lindsay wants to put up some decorations so I have to find a way to get the wife out of the house. Being a "sportsman" I am not a very good liar....lol No hunting today but after wife takes her meds I will take a ride to see how many are out. Another day or two and I will be ready. In 62 years of hunting I have never shot a deer on opening day.

Eddie, glad the Yankees were able to extend the play-offs.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17306 on: Oct 19, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....enjoy dinner  ;)

WS.....fingers crossed the spear house makes it's way to you today  ;D

IW.....great job rehabbing that shoulder  :flex: :thumbsup:

Eddie.....have fun with the grandkids  :clap:

IF45.....keep up with the walks, best exercise to re-build endurance and strength  :flex:

The female salmon are killed before they're stripped by being run thru a machine that basically hits them on the head. Some are too big for the box and are hit with a little bat. Some of the bigger, hard to handle males are also hit with bats. They are then stripped and tossed in dumpsters. The dumpsters full of fish are placed in a compost pile behind the hatchery. Once they've decomposed the compost is taken to the transfer station in Pulaski and are made available to the public for use as fertilizer. Guess that's the best outcome for fish that will die anyway but seeing the dumpster fill up with these fish seems pretty wasteful.....always seemed some could be filleted and donated to the rescue mission  :-\

No word yet on my son's power, thank goodness he invested in a generator  ;)

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17307 on: Oct 19, 2019, 10:24 AM »
Good day, blue sky and sunshine headed to the lower sixties for the days high light wind currently.
Ice Wanderer congrats on the good PT session.  :clap: :clap: :clap: Hopefully soon you will be done with the leaves. Very nice of you to help the neighbor get his roofing and helping him prep. for the install. I don't know when the city of Newburgh went to this system but in addition to the mayor it has appointed by city council  ,City Manager who handles bulk of daily operation of the city no idea why they went to this setup at some point in the city's history.
Eddie have a good weekend with the grandchildren nice that there is a local lake you can take them fishing too with a chance to catch smaller panfish. I saw your reply to new member Gnuff's flasher question posted a reply with links to Vexilar and Marcum's websites. He could purchase a reconditioned Fl-18 for $349.99 or a new Marcum M-1 for $ 359.99. Believe he posted his question in both the General and Manitoba forums we replied to post in Manitoba forum.
Icefisher-45 looks like it will be a better day for your walk.
Hunts2long may the restaurant be a good choice for the birthday celebration hopefully new/owner/management have keep most of the staff and menu. Once again Happy Birthday wishes sent to your wife.
Wallyworld thank you for the information on what happens to the salmon after eggs are stripped from them. I do like your idea of filleting and donating some of them to local rescue mission. Probably some type of liability concern about doing that so they go with compost system. Glad your son has a generator i hope his area was not damaged so badly by the storm that there will be a run on gas stations and spike in gas prices.

May everyone have a safe and good Saturday. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17308 on: Oct 19, 2019, 10:44 AM »
Just got the word that the power is back on  :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17309 on: Oct 19, 2019, 11:49 AM »
Good morning- afternoon everyone :bow:

Been a busy morning, had to finish up my tree job.

Picking up the  fish house fell through again but a promise by Wednesday is now on the table. The only reason I am giving it one more time is his promise of bringing it within 1 hr of my house rather than my having to drive 4.5 to get it.

I am heading to the shack Wednesday and once I get there the only thing on my mind will be deer hunting and enjoying God's gift.

I haven't had time to read everyone's posts but will check them out tonight.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup:
Stay safe.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.