Author Topic: hard sided shanty heater  (Read 2515 times)

iceguru

hard sided shanty heater
« on: Nov 14, 2003, 01:27 PM »
i have a hard sided shanty that has a old vent free wall heater propane. it needs to be replaced and im not sure what type of heater to replace it with. i will be sleeping in this shanty from time to time so im looking for a safe way for heat. should i replace it with the same type of heater or go with a cast iron wood heater? or do you guys have any other sugestions? let me know. thanks iceguru

TwoShot

Re:hard sided shanty heater
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2003, 02:55 PM »
Check out the Mr. Heater "BUDDY HEATER". I have used one for a few years to heat an uninsulated 6' X 6" hut I  stayed in while I built my cabin. In temps as low as -5 degrees I was warm enough to sit around in sweats and slippers. I ran it off a 25# tank (outside) with a 5' hose and hung it on the wall. If your tank runs out you can screw in a 1# cylinder and get another 7-8 hours of heat. It is designed to be run indoors. I don't think there's any better option available.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re:hard sided shanty heater
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2003, 03:49 PM »
I'm with Two shot.  Last year I "had" a problem with heat, until I got a Dynaglo heater, (rip off of the buddy heater.)  Great heat and low O2 sensor helps us sleep at night without the fear of never waking up. ::)   I used it out hunting in the 12X12 wall tent with no floor with an outside temp of 10 above.  It worked great!  Used it in my uninsulated 4X8 portable shanty at 20 below.  Brings it up to about 45 to 50 inside!  I have used it on family campouts with the little guys.  Kept a big old two room family tent nice an dry on the lowest setting!  Great little unit for just about everything.  :) -Barleydog
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.