Author Topic: Going to Kemmerer tournament (with pics)  (Read 2899 times)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Going to Kemmerer tournament (with pics)
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:17 PM »
Ok so we are going to do the kemmerer fishing tournament this weekend. Can’t wait to go win the big money or try to win lol. Anyone else going to be there

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Going to Kemmerer tournament
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:43 AM »
I was going to go this year but looks like we are heading your way instead for the RV show (wife's decision). Good luck though!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:38 AM »
I’ll be there! Been in contact with Matt. As for the money, I’ll let you win an hourly!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:28 PM »
I’ll be there! Been in contact with Matt. As for the money, I’ll let you win an hourly!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quot

Thanks for sharing some of the money with me. See you up there

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:29 PM »
I was going to go this year but looks like we are heading your way instead for the RV show (wife's decision). Good luck though!

Thanks and good luck on buying an RV

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Thanks and good luck on buying an RV

I don't think we will be buying just trying to figure out exactly what we are wanting. Hope you guys do well and get into that money.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2019, 02:38 PM »

Sorry to hear you wont make it Ryan, we'll make it happen one of these trips. Good thing with looking now is if your not in a hurry in a few years that will be the hugely discounted and hopefully lightly used RV's you buy or look at. Atleast thats my plan when I ever get around to getting one.

Me me me I want to win some $$$$$ We'll see you up there  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:27 PM »
I'll be flying my Ice Shanty flag on my purple Otter. I'll be up north some place. Stop by if you're out and about.... :tipup:

Wyo Ice

P.S. I've heard that the slush has set up with this cold snap.
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:50 PM »
I'll be flying my Ice Shanty flag on my purple Otter. I'll be up north some place. Stop by if you're out and about.... :tipup:

Wyo Ice

P.S. I've heard that the slush has set up with this cold snap.

We will have our shanty flags on our machines as well not to sure where we are going to set up yet

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:36 PM »
It has been a lot of years since i fished that tourney! The cabins and bar where still up and running back then. Fun times!! that is where i had my first taste of "Wazzle" great drink, cinnamon and a lot of high octane fuel mixed in it. Warmed the belly right up.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:38 AM »
It has been a lot of years since i fished that tourney! The cabins and bar where still up and running back then. Fun times!! that is where i had my first taste of "Wazzle" great drink, cinnamon and a lot of high octane fuel mixed in it. Warmed the belly right up.

Yeah, good times.... that wasn't called "whistle" was it? That's still a popular totie around here...

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2019, 08:09 AM »
Wazzle or whistle, its sounds like worth a try to me  ;) I'll look for your flag Wyoice. If fishings slow I will for sure take the sled for a ride. I think we'll be on the northern end also. Did you have 2 of those purple otters last time we were up for the tourney and I stopped by?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2019, 09:33 AM »
I guess I need to get myself a shanty flag!

I’ll be in a black and white Jason Mitchell series hub style shelter. My black and blue 1994 Polaris XLT Indy short track parked beside it!

Going to start on the west shore someplace, or down south. Depends what I see for people Saturday morning.
Trent Williams

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Wazzle or whistle, its sounds like worth a try to me  ;) I'll look for your flag Wyoice. If fishings slow I will for sure take the sled for a ride. I think we'll be on the northern end also. Did you have 2 of those purple otters last time we were up for the tourney and I stopped by?

Yeah, I'll probably have my double sided one set up.
Sounds like snow for the next 3 days...

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:22 AM »
whistle or wazzle, after a few cups of that it sounds the same HaHa!! Probably was whistle, it has been close to twenty years ago.I wish you all the best, bring home some money$$$$$$$$$

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Yeah, I'll probably have my double sided one set up.
Sounds like snow for the next 3 days...

I'll keep an eye out for you. Looking at what I can see on the WYDOT cams this morning it doesnt appear to have dropped to much at the point of entry in kemmerer. Its crazy that they've had I80 closed for so long in evanston to green river. Not much snow so the winds must have been brutal. We're heading out around noon and will get there thru I80 or Hwy 30. For anyone traveling up today I80 is supposed to be open around 11am according to the update at 1am on the WYDOT website.

whistle or wazzle, after a few cups of that it sounds the same HaHa!! Probably was whistle, it has been close to twenty years ago.I wish you all the best, bring home some money$$$$$$$$$

Will do Matt, with any luck I'll atleast catch "A" fish. LOL
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:24 AM »

thank you can't wait to get out of here.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:08 AM »
I80 has been closed just because it is closed from rock springs to rawlins. once one town fills up they close the next section down so they don't cause more problems. Working for WYDOT I have a little more insight than most but I saw some pictures of them using rotaries to blow out 5 foot deep drifts across the interstate that were a mile long yesterday. Closures up by us for avalanches right now too.

Offline Wyo_Ringo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2019, 12:13 PM »
thank you can't wait to get out of here.

You're not the air boat guy are you? Hate to sound like an A$$ but I hope that thing doesn't make it this year. Talk about obnoxious.....

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Big pocket of slush out in the middle of the lake. Pick your way carefully. A side by side with tracks got stuck out in it this afternoon. Thanks to 3 local Shanty members that helped them to get it out...   :tipup:

Wyo Ice

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:11 PM »
Good luck to ya at the tournament guys ! Be safe !

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:14 PM »
What a good weekend at viva. Once again fishing was great, catching not so great for this guy. I only ended up with 2 small bows but skyler made up for my short falls. We didn't get any fish to turn in. The conditions were definitely a challenge with blowing snow, drifts and in some spots a foot of slush. There was easily 20+in of ice under 8-12in of snow/ slush. Snowmobiles or tracked wheelers were the only way to get around. Best day was Sunday by far. No wind and blue skies. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:53 PM »
Well I finished the weekend with 4 fish top side. The biggest was 18 3/4”....drats. I took it to the marina just to be sure! Hahaha!

Lots of great fish caught this year looking at the winning and hourly fish numbers!
Trent Williams

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2019, 09:26 AM »
I was kind of bummed that I had to miss it this year until I was driving by on Saturday morning in a ground blizzard with 30mph winds. Glad to hear you all caught some fish and that Trent still has a girlfriend lol.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2019, 10:42 AM »
I was kind of bummed that I had to miss it this year until I was driving by on Saturday morning in a ground blizzard with 30mph winds. Glad to hear you all caught some fish and that Trent still has a girlfriend lol.

Hahahaha!!! God if you saw how hard I worked for comfort you’d understand why! I wasn’t going to tell this story but now seems like the time. I had a predetermined point planned out that seemed perfect!!! Took one trip out with hut, heater, etc. I shoved a spot out for the hut, set hut up, turned on the heater, and went back to get McKenzi and other stuff. We get back, everything is comfy, it’s about 7:30 or 7:45, I go to drill a hole, and out comes mud!!! I set up in 0 feet of water!!!! Rookie move but I actually didn’t get as close as I wanted to the shore looking at the other huts because the snow was so deep. So I just KNEW it would be “good enough”.

So I go out, drill a hole, find 12 feet, shovel out an area, move everything over, tear down hut, hurry and set up hut so McKenzi can be warm, shovel snow onto sides, stake hut down, lay down in the snow, and die.

The worst part is, this honey hole I thought I found was void of all life. I hadn’t had a bite until noon so I went to check in with my buddies. Matt pulled up right then and mentioned how they were catching fish, I went over to my buddy from Montana’s hut and they had fish all over on the ice so I tore everything down, moved, and set up all over again, for the third time that day.

Here are some pics that show none of that and only myself and some fish Hahahaha

Trent Williams

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2019, 11:32 AM »
Glad you caught a couple of fish after that rough start! Lol

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2019, 04:23 PM »
What a great weekend for us we did ok on fish but one of us just killed the fish but nothing to take in for a prize but I did get one on the ice that was 20.5 the only bad thing it was 8:00 pm so it wasn’t any good for me on the good side we had a blast.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Here's some of the pics I got at the Derby. Not a ton but some good ones. I'll start it off with the scenery ones. Here's the sunrise on opening morning

A few of the camp area and the nice cornices on the hill behind us

and of course the fish slayer in our crew

A two'fer with the bloody finger, which we think was the secret sauce he was putting on his jigs

My biggest out of the 2 I caught. LOL

The one that didnt count for the tourney but could have taken an hourly prize for lawrence

This new light of skyler's is awesome for night fishing and that thing is 15' under the ice

I must say I have been pretty impressed with the insulation on the X200 as my tent stayed nice and warm with the heater on low

Great times again out on the ice for the weekend  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.