Author Topic: Rigid Octane Warranty Registration  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
Rigid Octane Warranty Registration
« on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:29 PM »
I jumped on the Rigid Octane deal like so many of us.  Honestly I'm perfectly happy with my fuel set-up but what closed the deal for me was the lifetime warranty.  I went online and submitted the warranty application as soon as I got the gear about a week ago and received the "registration has been submitted" email.  No response since then which isn't surprising considering all the volume they are likely experiencing.  Anybody have an idea on how long it takes to get a confirmation?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Rigid Octane Warranty Registration
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:32 PM »
Mine says lsa pending still after 4 days..

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:40 PM »
Mine took 12 days to approve...

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:41 PM »
It can take two weeks or more. I bought mine during the peak of the first deal and I imagine they were inundated with new registrations. After the second week I emailed there customer service and explained that I was a new customer and was giving their product a try based on the warranty and wanted to know what the hold up was. A representative got ahold of me and said he would personally make it happen. I sent him a picture of the receipt and two or three days later it was under the lifetime warranty.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:42 PM »
I should add that my battery kit took a week or so but I waited and waited for the drill until I finally got ahold of them.

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:55 PM »
Is everybody seeing that if you buy the 9ah batteries separate there is only a 3 year warranty?  Not happy about this. I already own 2 ridgid drills and was going to upgrade my batteries first then get the new drill. Now I'm thinking twice.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2018, 07:16 PM »
I remember them telling me to expect up to two weeks for the lifetime warranties to wash through the system. 

I'm trying to fathom why anyone would warranty a power tool for potentially forty years. They must have some actuarial algorithms that tell them that's an okay bet to make in

order to entice more  people to buy a tool. And indeed the vast majority of tool buyers will never come close to wearing one of these tools out. Tradespeople and ice fishermen are

just a percentage of their business but I imagine they know what that percentage is. Batteries are a different category in their minds.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2018, 07:41 PM »
If bought in the right circumstances, the batteries are LSA too. Batteries that come with the tools and kits are LSA.

<°)))>{

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2018, 07:45 PM »
Yeah batteries that ate bought in a kit are lsa but not just batteries purchased without tool or charger.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2018, 08:07 PM »
Is everybody seeing that if you buy the 9ah batteries separate there is only a 3 year warranty?  Not happy about this. I already own 2 ridgid drills and was going to upgrade my batteries first then get the new drill. Now I'm thinking twice.

Buy the 9aH starter kit with a $149.99 tool for free and return the tool and you get the kit with LSA eligibility for $115ish + tax.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2018, 08:14 PM »
takes less than a week most of the time for me. maybe i'm just lucky or maybe it's because i have a lot of tools registered with them.

remember you have 3 months to return the tools hassle free. so if ridgid is forgetting you or are nearing end of that time, make sure to call them and explain you will return the tools if they can't get your tools registered before that time is up.

if you decide you don't care for the tools, you can still return them even if they are registered.

they have gen 5x battery deals if you don't care if they are not octane. you can buy the 2 amp and 4 amp and charger for 130.
you can buy two 2 amp s and two 4 amps and charger for 230. the charger is a dual port with usb and a/c feed thru/tap in front.
they are on home depots site. either kit will qualify if you want more batteries. i can get you the links if you want them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.